Sign in to follow this  
1337 d00d

between the lines

I'd rate it as OK.  But I think its blasphemy to talk about it in this forum.

Got bored one Sunday morning & bought it.

Main campaign has an interesting storyline.  Missions I've played so far are well put together & many are different from the norm.

Have found missions to be a lot better than vast majority of the community missions that you can download.  Nevertheless are still outclassed by a select few community missions & most 1985 campaign missions.

On the negative side.  Some of the briefings are badly translated from German & not clear.  Some of the map annotations are in German & again causes confusion.

Some elements of mission are fun but not realistic.  At one point you have to sneak into a castle tower that is being bombarded by 5 Hinds.  Quantity of Hinds is definitely excessive.

Summary.  

Well thought out missions ?  Yes.  

Worth the money ?  That depends on how much of an OFP fan you really are & how bored of the existing campaign you are.

With RedHammer pending might be advised to wait until you played that one to death before splashing out on this one.

Certainly no as bad as some of the derogatory & doom & gloom posts that were around a few months ago.

(Edited by ilinley at 7:21 pm on Nov. 22, 2001)

I gust got it today and all I can say is........................................................................................

..........................................................................................

.........................................................................................

WHERE'S THAT d*amn RECIPT.

MUST RETURN, MUST RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif

MP - why do you rate it so bad.

One thing did forget to mention is no custom voiceovers & for the money there really should be.

Between the lines is no official BIS/CM addon, it´s from the same company that took several CS maps and put it on a commercial CD, without informing the map/ addon creators.

That being said, i don´t think you can expect much quality from this "campaign" CD.

The reason I rated it so bad was because a friend of mine has only about 3 wekk's experience with the mission editor and he make beter quality mission's than the one's in Between the line's.

I mean like COME ON! They use the camera effect's that you get with waypoint's and trigger's. +That first mission where you are a civilian doctor trying to escape from the base... You suddenly turn into a resistance soldier.

They obiously never heard of civilian1 setside "guer".

IT BITES!!! sad.gif

It's an addon campaign, produced by a bunch of rip-off merchants. Not sure were you can buy it, but I don't go to the shops much.