Sign in to follow this  
darkcyde

Steam Purchase - Key Server Problem...

Hi

I recently purchased Take On Helicopters along with Hinds DLC. It's all installed, however whenever I try to run it it says unable to contact key server or something similar.

I've tried contacting Steam Support (what a joke) and STILL waiting for a response.

Can anyone here help? I'm looking at wasting my money completely at this point! Not happy!

I am also having the same issue. I purchased this when it was on sale and haven't been able to play it do the same error. Bohemia Interactive support told me to run steam as admin and turn off my firewall. Neither worked, it seems like it's a DRM issue, maybe not enough keys.

we are having issues with STEAM keys, please wait until later (when Valve's workday start) or till next workday

it's being worked on, thanks for Your patience

Wasn't it on sale quite a while ago?? You've not been able to play it at all??

Thanks for the reply Dev letting us know it's being worked on - at least from my point of view I know it's not just me, or something at my end.

It's a bit lame tho isn't it, and from what I've read not the first time this has happened....seems like a simple problem from my uneducated viewpoint.

Usually when ArmA starts selling really fast, as was the case recently thanks to DayZ, it seems as though they can't "activate" the new keys fast enough.

Steam quite often runs out of keys. When M&B warband was on sale a month ago, I bought it on the Staurday (only about 16hours into the sale) and had to wait until the Monday evening for steam to get me a key so I could play. I guess that is what has happened, I think Dayz has not only drawn attention to A2, but also to all the other BIS games, so be patient, they will have more keys soon.

Surely this isn't right with regards to distance selling or some other act about sales.....selling something that you don't actually have? I would say they should have something on there to say activation may take 1 - 2 days or similar....what's the point of digital downloads that you have to wait for a "delivery" of some kind.....that's on par with ordering a hardcopy and having it delivered by snail mail.....it's all developing backwards if you ask me.

I've just checked it again and my keys have arrived....hope yours have too?

Mind you, just got it going and gonna have to reinstall tomorrow....parts are arriving for my PC upgrade....going up to 8 core CPU, 16gb memory and an SSD hard drive....fingers crossed it should fly.....excuse the pun! ;-)

Edited by darkcyde

I've had the game since last October, and I bought the disk version so I didn't have to worry about the disk. Anyway hope I will see you online at some point!

Yeah, that'll be sweet. What's ur control setup?

I use a modified Cyborg 3D joystick (I removed the centering spring for more realism), Saitek Proflight pedals and a Nostromo Speedpad for trim alterations. I also have a triple screen monitor array with a width of 5050 or so pixels....but that's untested in ToH right now....also looking at using a webcam for head tracking in place of TrackIR

I don't know what your ideal config will be with that because I use a PS2 controller (yes a playstation 2 one).You will actually be suprised with how many people use that or the xbox controller to fly on expert in TOH.