This is probably a matter for Arma III (and even only a later offical addon/patch), since BIS won't put much time and energy into II any more.
Some time ago I requested/suggested the implementation of zombies (at least by texture) by an official BIS-patch as some kind of easter egg. Not for turning Arma into an arcade game but as an OPTION for people who like that. Since the first 50 servers in the internet-filter are DayZ, you see that many people like it.
Somehow it would be great to "simply" have a command to turn any humanoid unit into a zombie; using the (existing) dead/high-damage texture, giving it a pale and blood stained face with deadish eyes and a zombie'ish skeleton/animation set.
Maybe something like
will equip the unit withCode:unitIntoZombie [unitname,"slow","head"];
* the according sounds and close-combat behaviour (claws strikes and biting)
* the according dead/high-damage texture of the unit
* a pale/rotten and bloody zombie face (and arms)
* remove all existing weapons and make it unable to have weapons at all and to enter vehicles
* the second parameter might define whether it is a fast Dawn-of-the-Dead or a slow The-Walking-Dead zombie
* the third parameter might define whether it can be killed by headshot only
* the zombiefied unit still should accept waypoints (unlike animals, that do not follow assigned waypoints)