Sign in to follow this  
meester

What Mods Will You Expect/Create?

Im always interested in mods people will make and what future applications will be made with Arma 3. Are some of you creating mods already?

I personally see ACE3 making its way into Arma 3. Possibly also a modern warfare mod [not the game], so we have more up to date weapons in game.

I also hope to see a thirsk winter style map along with winter camouflage. A complete city map? Being able to blow holes in walls/bunkers etc. Chinese weapons.

A naval warfare mod possibly with drivable aircraft carriers, subs, destroyers etc along with an open water warfare map. An F-1117 Nighthawk, B-2 bombers. Fishing mod?

Destructable vegetation.

What mods do you expect will crop up after Arma 3 has been released?

Some sort of racing mod I can expect because vehicles will actually behave like vehicles now and are more detailed and immersive.

ACE 3 definitely!

DayZ for Arma 3

Battlebus 2.0 for teh lulz

All kinds of crazy shenanigans like people being dragged by a 7 ton or tanks being lifted by little birds you know that sort of stuff.

I think it may be too early, but I do hope that perhaps there's some support for "transferring" projects and mods to ArmA III with ease. The transition from ArmA I to II seemed to have required mods to be redone all over again, and considering with the ArmA II mods we have super comprehensive features, it would be painful to imagine that work has to be done all over again for the new game. Take ACE, for example. I hope they don't have to make it all over again for III, but can simply transfer over what they have for II, and build upon the new features III offers.

Edited by Foffy

I think it may be too early, but I do hope that perhaps there's some support for "transferring" projects and mods to ArmA III with ease. The transition from ArmA I to II seemed to have required mods to be redone all over again, and considering with the ArmA II mods we have super comprehensive features, it would be painful to imagine that work has to be done all over again for the new game. Take ACE, for example. I hope they don't have to make it all over again for III, but can simply transfer over what they have for II, and build upon the new features III offers.

On the contrary, the more you have to "redo" the mods the better IMHO. This points to the fact ARMA 3 would be a completely new game and not just an "addon" like other developers do with their titles. (hrm hrm CoD hrm hrm Battlefield, though BF did get an engine makeover since BF2)

I'm not saying modders should have to re-write everything and there will be some sort of familiar territory (OK, plenty) that allows them to port their mods after a few tweaks here and there.

But in essence, new features need to be exploited. New ways of doing things need to be adapted to for the better. They won't have to start from scratch because they have a working concept already and have ironed out most of the "how to solve this" issues in titles past.

----------

The very first thing i hope for in terms of ARMA 3 mods are:

• Bringing the time back to the modern era (weapons and vehicles etc) between the years 2000 - 2012. I am not too fond of railguns and lasers. (I know it isn't THAT but I'd just like to have something i can relate to)
  • An ACE style mod, I.E ACE 3.
  • Controlling (input), Physics and Graphics tweaks (performance and visuals) etc that work better than what we would get at release. Sure BI is good but the community are more numerous and have more data to go on.
  • And anything that adds to the general content and complexity of the title.

I personally see ACE3 making its way into Arma 3.

Yes new ACE mod is for sure the one I'm most excited about, also any mods that will improve AI behaviour, particularly the AI's ability to use cover and to fight from inside houses.

The thought of urban combat against clever AI makes me drool

On the contrary, the more you have to "redo" the mods the better IMHO. This points to the fact ARMA 3 would be a completely new game and not just an "addon" like other developers do with their titles. (hrm hrm CoD hrm hrm Battlefield, though BF did get an engine makeover since BF2)

I'm not saying modders should have to re-write everything and there will be some sort of familiar territory (OK, plenty) that allows them to port their mods after a few tweaks here and there.

But in essence, new features need to be exploited. New ways of doing things need to be adapted to for the better. They won't have to start from scratch because they have a working concept already and have ironed out most of the "how to solve this" issues in titles past.

This is true, but what of older campaigns and addons not re-released for ArmA III? It would be pretty cool to be able to port them over, even if it meant they lacked the bells and whistles of ArmA III. I'd love to be able to play all of my ArmA content in the newest release, seeing as the engines add so much that makes it hard to go back.

Edited by Foffy

- Dayz

- Project Reality

- All the popular Arma 2 maps ported

- Hopefully someone will build a persistent world like Dayz but a different style like insurgency or something

A friend and I have been fantasizing about an open world "wild west" mod, inspired by Red Dead Redemption. Not that we'll ever find the time to make it, but you can dream... :D

- Project Reality

Don't believe that mod is that popular on Arma 2 compared to its success on BF2.

I even forgot about the mod till very recently. :eek:

Honestly.

I hope they make an ARMA 2 mod (simular to CAA) that allows you to play all the ARMA 2 mission and mods within ARMA 3 engine.

Going back in 1994 afghanistan in ARMA 3 is on the top of my list! - The futuristic element is not my cup of tea!

Nobody wants RH packs in ArmA 3 ? ;_;

nah ​they will be and a lot more than in ArmA 2

Edited by RobertHammer

nah ​they will be and alot more than in OA

damn taht subtle colour thing. was about to fret and say the RH packs are a staple for all my arma2 play. excellent work.

When i opened this thread i thought i will see people posting about what mods they will be creating themselves, or what they will get involved with. especially from the very vocal lads around those forums.

Instead, i only see what they expect from others. hmm...

Essential:

A.C.E. 3 (if really NECESSARY)

ACRE (if really NECESSARY)

Wanted: [Whether as a mod or multiplayer game mode]

CQB Mod (Indoors scale. Tall buildings and complicated)

Units, vehicles, aircraft and other of today (not the future)

ACE3! :D

I'd like to see Blastcore WarFX and JTD fire&smoke aswell, but at the same time I'm hoping A3 will look so good they won't even be needed. Same goes for JSRS. :)

Also AAW, TF86, many many maps... Ahh, just... "All the things!":yay:

Actually, I think I'm gonna write an "addon" for vBulletin that filters douchey comments...

Counter-Strike mod called Counter-Terrorism. Initially I will try to recreate de_dust2 and de_aztec. I don't believe BIS will deliver this type of PvP so I have this dream and I hope I'll deliver someday (there is a high possibility it'll never happen).

nah ​they will be and a lot more than in ArmA 2

Dang sorry Robert how did I forget your awesome weapon packs :D I was uber happy when a new pack came out.

@PUFU

Im making a very nice.... "optimization" mod for Arma 3 it requires turning every bit on Arma 3 disc to 0's and deleting System 32 folder on windows PC.

in theory I could increase performance by over 9000%

;p

first thing on my list is to port the AUGs

then my secret project ;) (and has nothing do with the IDF :D )

The usual suspect mods we have come to love ported over (as soon as they can) :)

CBA on day one (well day one in realistic terms IE ASAP).

And the single most for me from Vanilla game, unless BIS really pull it out of the bag is JSRS ported over as soon as it can :) So far every arma that comes with 2 days im searching for a soundmod (I know it will not be that swift to do).

Also things like ASR_AI and GLX approach with AI adapted to what BIS bring vanilla. I would like to see a comeback of the WIP "Flex AI" that is now on hold if it adapts more to Arma3.

As regards new, I want to see some real experimentation and clever use of all the water aspects for missions with what A3 will bring, got a feeling stealth and specops missions will have far more immersion to play (I know most groan about the same old same old).

Obviously something to milk the physx like bumper cars, dirt racing, obstacle track racing with buggies ... you know, all that & of course some great new islands to adapt to this.

Oh and the RQ-11 Raven A drone mod ported over on day one of release (or in vanilla BIS *cough* *cough*):)

Edited by mrcash2009

Honestly.

I hope they make an ARMA 2 mod (simular to CAA) that allows you to play all the ARMA 2 mission and mods within ARMA 3 engine.

Going back in 1994 afghanistan in ARMA 3 is on the top of my list! - The futuristic element is not my cup of tea!

But isn't the CAA project for ArmA II incomplete? I know what the promise of it was, but not much really came out of the project other than the islands.

The project is incomplete, and all we do have are the islands.

I Probably will do a WarMod version for Arma3, What I'd like to do is see if all the mods we currently have in Arma2CO would work in Arma3 and then go from there.

Also COSLX but it would be A3SLX.

How dare you forget theoretically possible CWR3! :D