Sign in to follow this  
JohnJJr

Flight link control bug on cougar

I just installed TOH and immediately loaded patch 1.04 "cougar" bringing me to version 1.04.90137

I have a flight link set of helicopter controls. I'm running with Win7 home.

Bugs:

When configuring controller under customizable controllers "Flight Link helicopter controls" is listed but I have to press "disable" to have all the flight link axis as "live" (in white) options when mapping using controller schemes. When pressing "enable" the flight link axis options are all grayed out and I can't use them.

Also the z axis options are reversed--for collective raise, I only have a "flight link Z axis-" option and for collective lower, I only have a "flight link Z axis+" option so as it's now configured to decrease altitute I have to raise the collective and to increase altitute I have to lower collective--backwards and very hard to fly. This is a very beautiful game and I was exciteted to buy it, but unless there is a work around or fix for this I'm afraid the game is useless for my set up.

Thanks

John

First of all there are already two newer patches than 1.04, installing them may help. About enabling and disabling your controller I can't help you. It's strange, looks like some kind of bug for me. To reverse your axis go to Options > Controls then choose "Collective Analog Raise" and move your collective all the way up and down. It should change the mapping and mark it in red (red means that this controller is maped already). Then click OK and once again choose "Collective Analog" from the list but this time "Lower" one. Again move your collective all the way up and down and it will also change, this time going from red to white. Click OK and it shoud be reversed. Hope this helps.

Edited by BeePee