Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Today and tomorrow E3 exhibit floor opens at 10:00 (AM), local time.

This is based on June 6th at 10:00 (PM) Pacific time:

Wedn. 13:00 (1 PM) EDT / UTC -4

Wedn. 19:00 (7 PM) CEST / UTC +2

Thur. 03:00 (3 AM) EST (Aus.) / UTC +10

Thur. 02:00 (2 AM) JST / UTC +9

If your timezone isn't listed here, I've made a new timezone list at timeanddate.com for the second and third day.

LOL, he killed the bush and then quickly turned away hoping no one will notice. Extra LOL because of him shooting the tree afterward to demonstarte that everything is OK :D

BIS is awesome

LOL, he killed the bush and then quickly turned away hoping no one will notice. Extra LOL because of him shooting the tree afterward to demonstarte that everything is OK :D

BIS is awesome

From narration it seems he did that on purpose to demonstrate different particle effects (leaves) when hitting vegetation. then he realized it's that one wrong bush.

At least the bush did not make the tree crumbling sound.

I was expecting parts of that tree to fall off Crysis- style and drop down with PhysX but that was not to be, sadly.

Great pics. Anyone know what those two tanks are in the 4th pic. I e never seen them before.

As others have pointed out it's the OPFOR APC with AA guns and missiles to fit the role of ArmA 2's Tunguska.

The vehicle itself is based on the Israeli Namer APC (a conversion of the Merkava MBT) with what looks to me, like a modified/upgraded British Marksman AA turret.

I like the new text fade-away. :D

Sadly, my work is making me go out of state for the rest of the week, and I won't have access to livestreams. :/ But I hope we get some nice HD youtube vids!

Infantry combat looks good. Apart from tacticool pace - too steady.

Stances = awesome.

I also liked how the dude got shot and started to black out and shake (?)

Also noticed there's a first aid kit. I hope it isn't infinite.

AI didn't change a single bit from ArmA2. AI didn't try to attack from buildings ever. Even though they had a lot of chances.

What is this BIS? Didn't you say they know how a year ago?

They also were stupid and tried to shoot an armored vehicle with small arms. Instead of running and hiding.

Infantry combat looks good. Apart from tacticool pace - too steady.

Stances = awesome.

I also liked how the dude got shot and started to black out and shake (?)

Also noticed there's a first aid kit. I hope it isn't infinite.

AI didn't change a single bit from ArmA2. AI didn't try to attack from buildings ever. Even though they had a lot of chances.

They also were stupid and tried to shoot an armored vehicle with small arms. Instead of running and hiding.

Metalcraze confirmed for never having served in an army.

What is that bar between the weapon name and the goddamn bullet count? Noticed that it starts with one thingie and in the middle of the firing drill it fills entirely.

The Magpul-whatever foregrip doesn´t seem to be an attachment.

Underwater bit is even better than what I expected.

The dreadful mouse-scroll menu seems to return once more......

Its certainly looking good but we have to keep in mind that its all work in progress so could change quite alot.

My comment on what we've seen sofar is the lack of recoil. :(

I'm guessing the lack of headbob and weapon float-zone is down to settings.

Video looks awesome. Jam being all over the screen when he got shot is a bit silly, but the "pain" effect afterwards seems really good. Can't wait for a proper narrated video.

@Smurf: I'm pretty sure that's the ROF display.

What is wrong with the mouse scroll menu? (You mean the mouse wheel one right?) I think it is pretty good

The wheel menu is good for selecting options but not for selecting weapons (launchers)

And I hope we get dedicated buttons for firemode and grenade throw. Cycling through those is a pain in the ***

Pity they couldn't do a blurred live background for the scope mode instead of the black frame. It could still come though...

What is that bar between the weapon name and the goddamn bullet count? Noticed that it starts with one thingie and in the middle of the firing drill it fills entirely.

The Magpul-whatever foregrip doesn´t seem to be an attachment.

Underwater bit is even better than what I expected.

The dreadful mouse-scroll menu seems to return once more......

The mousewheel menu is indeed awkward, I just don´t see how to do it apart from reach-across-keyboard awkward button presses.

I´ve watched the video and couldn´t see what causes that bar to fill up or go down. Maybe it´s some sort of stress-meter or something? I doubt it´s a VBS2 style health-bar.

Metalcraze confirmed for never having served in an army.

Yes you are trained to engage armoires vehicles even with small arms... But your not supposed to do it while standing in the open.

But really it's hard to judge as they probably wanted to show off the shooting/grenade launcher and not the ai at this point.

I hope that was sarcasm. You act like the CEO answers directly to you! You don't think they know this? Maybe you're new here but BIS has proven over and over they strive to make quality games vs quantity ala the other "mainstream" developers and it's high time to stop always attacking them thinking that they are somehow trying to pull a fast one! They actually play their games and want things to be good and great. So I have faith and just can't understand this entitled attitude after everything they have done (OFP,A1,A2 etc etc) yeah sure you pay them for a service but you can only take that so far before you realize there is no pleasing you.

Sorry to go a little offtopic! So how about them e3 photos?!

Still no difference between a Tac reload and a dry reload, I am a very sad man now:(

What about the radio chatter? i think its an important factor for the atmosphere...im pretty sure the arma 2 sounds are placeholders, but will there improvments to the system and something like dynamic combat voices? enjoyed the presentation, finally one in good quality, even if not the best.

Still no difference between a Tac reload and a dry reload, I am a very sad man now:(

Yeah I hope they bring this in

Heading over to the convention hall shortly for day 2. I don't have anything for streaming and my hotel net connection is questionable at best, but I'd be happy to post some post-show thoughts later. The demo I messed with yesterday was good stuff, the controls/responsiveness and the mouse response in particular made it feel much nicer than A2/OA.

For those of you fretting about the freeaim being off by default - freeaim is, in my opinion, the wrong way to do things. Once upon a time I believed in it, but these days, I think it's a bogus and misguided attempt at "realism". I haven't used freeaim since I was able to turn it off in ArmA1. Keeping it as an option for those who want it seems reasonable, but I don't think there's any validity to calling it a realistic feature at this point. But hey, that's tangenting somewhat... ;)