Sign in to follow this  
-Snafu-

Operation E3

Day 1 has been over for quite a while and we still only have that short and low quality vid from Gamespot? Cmooooooooooon.:now:

I don't understand why someone thinks it is "too smooth"

I agree with you, I think it now looks far more natural and realistic.

hi there. is there a dedicate dthread posting all e3 videos of arma 3?

You've come to the right place.

You've come to the right place.

Where are they all? There's a nice long one in HD on Vimeo now but I can't find any here.

Where are they all? There's a nice long one in HD on Vimeo now but I can't find any here.

Could you please send link?

I liked the video overall, I am really excited about Arma 3.

But.... Now that the graphics and physics are so good, seeing the bodies fly around after the grenade launcher hit them just looks wrong. Its definitely a step forward from before, but I think in VBS the damage modeling already includes losing limbs etc, and that fits in with the rest of the game.

Post the link buddy!

http://twitter.com/#!/totalbiscuit

With Planetside and prep for Shootmania we didn't have much time to film, but we did a session with ARMA3 and interview with DayZ's creator

I expect greatness, he did a good interview with Planetside on live stream. Waiting patiently.

And I expect him to be positive since...

E3 isn't good for getting footage though, barely anyone lets you film their stuff, it's almost like they don't want people to see i

Bohemia gets points right from the get go for letting him put his hands on the Alpha.

I suspect developers are worried someone might point out they are only showing their game on high-end PC, the demos of Watch Dogs and 1313 were already revealed to be PC, I suspect the same is the case with FC3 and Crysis3.

http://twitter.com/#!/totalbiscuit

I expect greatness, he did a good interview with Planetside on live stream. Waiting patiently.

And I expect him to be positive since...

Bohemia gets points right from the get go for letting him put his hands on the Alpha.

I suspect developers are worried someone might point out they are only showing their game on high-end PC, the demos of Watch Dogs and 1313 were already revealed to be PC, I suspect the same is the case with FC3 and Crysis3.

Good to hear that :) though I fear we are gonna end up seeing the video way after E3.

BTW BI, when are you planing to release some screenshot/wallpaper/avatar packs for us chair huggers :) ?

Can the Devs clarify what's the issue with PhysX at the moment? Wrong mass values/other variables, or something much more serious that requires a lot more work than tweaking the weight of objects?

Appreciated. :)

Can the Devs clarify what's the issue with PhysX at the moment? Wrong mass values/other variables, or something much more serious that requires a lot more work than tweaking the weight of objects?

They changed/upgraded from PhysX 2 to PhysX 3 so they have to reconfigure everything.

IIRC (watch the Cam1 vid, first contact again), Lord Ivan said that they move from PhysX v2 to v3 which means new adjustements and code, so what you see there in the vids is just some sort of placeholder. Take this with a grain of salt as i might have misunderstood it completely.

:EDITH:

Darn, ninja'd by Angle ;)

Actually a dev confirmed the recent move from PhysX v2 to v3 here on the forums, saying that it meant re-doing a lot of things. Can't remember who it was though. Searching now.

I am not sure this was already discussed in the open somewhere but there is one massive change being done under the hood of Arma 3: migration from PhysX 2.x to PhysX 3..X . This may sound trivial but in reality it is basically switching to completely new physical simulation system with all consequences (a lot of work lost, delay of the entire development schedule). But we decided to make this transition, otherwise Arma 3 would be locked to PhysX 2.x for long time. It was basically now or never for the game...

The transition phase is on-going and neither PhysX 2 nor PX 3 branch are really tuned or polished at the moment.

Also, physical libraries only do part of what is needed and in no way guarantee that everything is going to react as it should: a lot of work on simulation, tweaking, testing, tweaking, AI routines, tweaking, fixing, testing is required with any type of physical simulation and in case of game this complex it really takes a lot of time and effort.

That's no problem Maruk. We, the community, are ready to test when you are :)

Hooray for official info, thanks Maruk! :D

Sounds like you guys are doing your best to make Arma3 even more splendid, which is just awesome! Also, splendid.

They changed/upgraded from PhysX 2 to PhysX 3 so they have to reconfigure everything.

Excellent. Those flying bodies are due to placeholder values probably and can be easily adjusted to suit realism-oriented physics simulation. :)

P.S. Thank you, Maruk. Tweaking & Testing it is then!

Thanks for the information, it floors me that developers, much less the CEO of all things actually takes the time to respond on a forum. I hope the move to PhysX 3 doesn't throw a wrench in your budget and that you guys can achieve more that you would like to with this move.

Hmmm...various tire types and and surface types..that's curious. Sounds like physics would be a great thing to test out in the community alpha, we couldn't do much in the way of tweaking but we're definately able guinea pi- I mean testers.

Edited by NodUnit

good decision anyway. good stuff takes time. if you need a helping hand with testing the simulations and reporting issues ;) you know where we are^^

Fear not, Arma still features ballistic curve as you know it and like it

What about rocket ballistics? Rockets need to drop like they did in OFP.

When will the ARMA III demo videos be up on Youtube?

Here is the livecam one:

Here is the livecam one:

No, I mean the official high-res ones, that take on every feature.