Page 67 of 154 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Operation E3

Quote Originally Posted by Panda_pl View Post
    http://twitter.com/#!/totalbiscuit

I expect greatness, he did a good interview with Planetside on live stream. Waiting patiently.
    And I expect him to be positive since...

Bohemia gets points right from the get go for letting him put his hands on the Alpha.
    I suspect developers are worried someone might point out they are only showing their game on high-end PC, the demos of Watch Dogs and 1313 were already revealed to be PC, I suspect the same is the case with FC3 and Crysis3.
    Good to hear that though I fear we are gonna end up seeing the video way after E3.

BTW BI, when are you planing to release some screenshot/wallpaper/avatar packs for us chair huggers ?

Warrant Officer Iroquois Pliskin's Avatar
    Terra, G-type Sol, Gould Belt, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
    Can the Devs clarify what's the issue with PhysX at the moment? Wrong mass values/other variables, or something much more serious that requires a lot more work than tweaking the weight of objects?

Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Iroquois Pliskin View Post
    Can the Devs clarify what's the issue with PhysX at the moment? Wrong mass values/other variables, or something much more serious that requires a lot more work than tweaking the weight of objects?

Appreciated.
    They changed/upgraded from PhysX 2 to PhysX 3 so they have to reconfigure everything.
    Spoiler:

Appreciated.
    IIRC (watch the Cam1 vid, first contact again), Lord Ivan said that they move from PhysX v2 to v3 which means new adjustements and code, so what you see there in the vids is just some sort of placeholder. Take this with a grain of salt as i might have misunderstood it completely.

:EDITH:
    Darn, ninja'd by Angle

Actually a dev confirmed the recent move from PhysX v2 to v3 here on the forums, saying that it meant re-doing a lot of things. Can't remember who it was though. Searching now.

Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3 Motherboard | Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.0GHz | NVidia GeForce GTX770 4GB
    16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz RAM | Kingston HyperX SSD | ASUS Xonar D2X
    sound | be Quiet! 700W PSU | Windows 7 x64

6.   Click here to go to the next Developer post in this thread.   #666

Appreciated.

I am not sure this was already discussed in the open somewhere but there is one massive change being done under the hood of Arma 3: migration from PhysX 2.x to PhysX 3..X . This may sound trivial but in reality it is basically switching to completely new physical simulation system with all consequences (a lot of work lost, delay of the entire development schedule). But we decided to make this transition, otherwise Arma 3 would be locked to PhysX 2.x for long time. It was basically now or never for the game...

The transition phase is on-going and neither PhysX 2 nor PX 3 branch are really tuned or polished at the moment.

Also, physical libraries only do part of what is needed and in no way guarantee that everything is going to react as it should: a lot of work on simulation, tweaking, testing, tweaking, AI routines, tweaking, fixing, testing is required with any type of physical simulation and in case of game this complex it really takes a lot of time and effort.
    Marek Spanel - CEO www.bistudio.com

That's no problem Maruk. We, the community, are ready to test when you are

Hooray for official info, thanks Maruk!

Sounds like you guys are doing your best to make Arma3 even more splendid, which is just awesome! Also, splendid.

Warrant Officer Iroquois Pliskin's Avatar
    Terra, G-type Sol, Gould Belt, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Angle View Post
    They changed/upgraded from PhysX 2 to PhysX 3 so they have to reconfigure everything.
    Excellent. Those flying bodies are due to placeholder values probably and can be easily adjusted to suit realism-oriented physics simulation.

P.S. Thank you, Maruk. Tweaking & Testing it is then!

Thanks for the information, it floors me that developers, much less the CEO of all things actually takes the time to respond on a forum. I hope the move to PhysX 3 doesn't throw a wrench in your budget and that you guys can achieve more that you would like to with this move.

Hmmm...various tire types and and surface types..that's curious. Sounds like physics would be a great thing to test out in the community alpha, we couldn't do much in the way of tweaking but we're definately able guinea pi- I mean testers.
    Last edited by NodUnit; Jun 6 2012 at 11:47.

Page 67 of 154 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast