Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

Can 6G30 be ported for Arma2?

(not sure if this is the place to post this)

The 6G30 from Queens Gambit. Russian equivalent to the M32 GL. Is it possible to bring this into Arma2? I doubt it would be possible to repackage the Arma1 P3D file(s)...??? I don't see any addons where this has been added either.

Cwr2 has one but I don't think it's from Queen's Gambit. If you want to port it I guess it's best to ask.

I did even better - started work on a new one :) It uses the M32 animations so your hands don't stick through it.

Sounds good, would fit very well into our Mod too. And if you could make a MM1 as well... :whistle:

Well I thought about that because I have seen the Dogs of War movie (have it in my DVD collection) but it isn't really accurate for use other than gas/smoke. I have done a TON of research on it, and in fact I'm fortunate enough to have seen one in person on a display at a local shop. The MM-1 in the movie was COOL - no doubt about it - but it simply isn't "correct" for offensive use like in the game. It can fire the soviet-style 26mm smoke shells and my understanding is that there aren't any 26mm HE shells in use that it could use.

I'd like to see a way to make the launchers into a pistol format that uses the correct animations. Reading several discussions on the subject it makes sense to put these in a secondary slot. I can make a config that puts them in the pistol slot, but can't figure how to get a pistol weapon to use the proper animations... making them look, well, disappointing. If that animation issue can be fixed, I'm willing to make a config to "fix" grenadiers for all factions.

I just need to get the stringtable thing worked out... still not sure how to use and format a stringtable XML file as the BIKI isn't too clear on its use.

I stand corrected about the MM-1! The launcher I had in mind was the Manville gas grenade launcher. Which is the design the MM-1 was based on. So the MM-1 would be "correct". I released my addon - going to continue the discussion there :)