Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicle (BREM-1)

I had fun using this in-game. Top quality work! I loved towing around damaged vehicles. I went into the editor and placed damaged vehicles in awkward places to where I can drive there, attach the cable, and drive backwards until it was level, then repaired it next to a road. It's very nice. Nice animations. Great job!

I have as much fun healing and repairing vehicles and units as I have shooting at them. I wish we'd have a working crane to put the beyond repair wrecks on a flatbed to be hauled away, or maybe a cable that works with that kind of units too. Also, we have a couple of fire trucks from Our Weapons but they don't have any special features; it would be nice to see them spray water to extinguish the burning wrecks or buildings and vegetation. It just brings the game to a whole different level.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by -RuN- View Post
    I have as much fun healing and repairing vehicles and units as I have shooting at them. I wish we'd have a working crane to put the beyond repair wrecks on a flatbed to be hauled away, or maybe a cable that works with that kind of units too.
    The cable can drag wrecks. Or I not so have understood you.

Quote Originally Posted by -RuN- View Post
    Also, we have a couple of fire trucks from Our Weapons but they don't have any special features; it would be nice to see them spray water to extinguish the burning wrecks or buildings and vegetation. It just brings the game to a whole different level.
    Not so clearly, what this attitude has to BREM1...
    If "Our Weapons" are the authors of fire trucks, then should contact them for that.
    My releases:
    Spoiler:

Well I know what would be cool that he stated. Putting the wrecks on flatbeds to be hauled away would be excellent.

Maybe he didn't know about the cable though, I used it for a truck a few times.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by ktos View Post
    Great work!
    What's the next plan?
    No plans. I not thought about it.

Gunnery Sergeant krzychuzokecia's Avatar
    Played demo mission - it was real fun! Your scripts makes acting as a support really interesting and entertaining! I'd never imagine that driving repair truck in OFP can be so great.
    Two ideas came to me while I was playing. First, would it be possible to operate the crane from inside of the vehicle, when acting as a commander? It should be easy, but I'm not sure if it'd be realistic (I don't now how BREM-1's crane works in RL). Second, and that'd be big challenge, is playing crane animation, when damaged vehicle drives nearby BREM and it's crew (vehicle's not BREM!) uses standard OFP "Repair" action. I imagine that this would need some kind of script which detects if any vehicle is being repaired, and how far from BREM it is - kinda resource heavy...

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by krzychuzokecia View Post
    I don't now how BREM-1's crane works in RL.
    Something like
    Cargo crane scripts work almost the same as a cable scripts. Therefore, the player must stand outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by krzychuzokecia View Post
    Second, and that'd be big challenge, is playing crane animation, when damaged vehicle drives nearby BREM and it's crew (vehicle's not BREM!) uses standard OFP "Repair" action. I imagine that this would need some kind of script which detects if any vehicle is being repaired, and how far from BREM it is - kinda resource heavy...
    All what can be do. This is a disable the standard game repair. (How, stated in the readme).
    Last edited by =SappeR=; May 12 2012 at 15:06.

My bad for the wrecks, I thought that at 0% health status they were unmovable, glad to be wrong. I mentioned the Our Weapons fire trucks as an example since they were, to my knowledge the only such units made; but I didn't mean to use them. That was my ill fated attempt to suggest to you a different kind of repair/recovery addon that I think would be nice to see in game, in case you were opened to new ideas about some future great work of yours.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12