Sign in to follow this  
Coffeecat

Unit Capture Unit Play working in Multiplayer?

I want to include this feature in my MP Mission with up to 20 players, is it working + lagfree? anybody got experience?

It works but if you're using it for insertions/extractions, the vehicle shudders pretty violently for clients, at least in my experience. If you're not going to ride in the vehicle then it looks okay.

Actually I had made a mission using unitPlay for an insertion helo that I hadn't played since before the release of OA 1.60. I played it on a hosted server recently and it seems as if something in 1.60 had interfered with the playback. The shuddering was worse than before, as if the AI pilot was trying to break away from the recording (the shuddering only used to be noticable in 1st person, now it's 3rd too). Also when the chopper landed (on a roof) and I was ejected, I got bounced off the roof somehow. None of this (except mild shuddering) happened before 1.60. Don't know if anyone else has experience differences since the patch. Maybe it was just because I had recorded the data in 1.59.