Sign in to follow this  
kromka

Stance indicator.

Maybe this is quiet brave suggestion, but longer i play i want it more.

I can say about myself that i am very experienced player but often disitinguishing if i am croutching or standing make me difficulties.

The same problem is when i am looking around. Often i have problems with recognize when i am in free looking mode and when not (i dont use TrackIR and make up for lack of this device with free look with a key).

Last thing is to recognize when i am in running mode and when i am in walking mode. When i doing small steps this is practically impossible to distinguish modes.

My propossition is not to show icon with soldier or something like in "Call of Duty", but at least dots that change colours under weapon description or something like this.

At least it should be optional. I've been also requesting this for a while. In real live you simply know whether you stand or kneel, but in first person gaming... quite often I need to press the standup/kneeldown key to be sure about my current stance. Though I suggest a small icon with a minimalist silhouette of a human standing, kneeling or crouching (using colours you might have to think about it again, icons are better and faster) in the lower right HUD. As I said, OPTIONAL, so everybody can chose by himself.

I think there is a stance indicator in ACE2 if you are willing to go down that road.

I think there is a stance indicator in ACE2 if you are willing to go down that road.

Right, stance indicator is in ACE (can be enabled or disabled by the player on the fly). It also indicates by color how fast the player is running.

Really helpfull if 3rd person is disabled.

Xeno

I am one of those that never uses add-ons.

I too would like to see a stance indicator. I imagine it would be included in the soldier's icon.

It would need to be for every soldier - not just for my character.

I am one of those that never uses add-ons.

I also don't use any addons. Except for AI behaviour or some other things with a real impact I don't like a map to be incompatible with the rest of the Arma world just because of some changed pixels

I imagine it would be included in the soldier's icon.

Then you couldn't see it (for yourself) when you are not grouped.

It would need to be for every soldier - not just for my character.

I assume you mean for every soldier in your group. It should be a matter for the difficulty settings. Otherwise it would be unrealistic. In real life you also don't know about somebody's stance when you can't see him or when you don't communicate with him (teamspeak or A.I.-radio).

It should be a matter for the difficulty settings. Otherwise it would be unrealistic.

In real life you also don't know about somebody's stance when you can't see him

Yes that a good idea.

In the game (not multiplayer) the men of my squad should know to crouch or to go prone without my issuing the order.

They don't do that so I need to issue the order. But first I need to know their current stance................

But first I need to know their current stance................

No, you don't need to know the current stance to order a new one or to enforce an already ordered one. You just press ^76 or ^77 or ^78 (or the specific group member(s)' F-keys instead of ^).