Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 647

Thread: Will Bohemia finally improve ARMA's PVP to attract New Players?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by tremanarch View Post
    They could make a quick-run-gun-fun gamemode. Just take 1/50 of the whole Island So it is small enough for constant Action. A Vehicle Respawn Timer, and some Flags - and so you have a BF Clone more or less.

    THis will help new players to befriend themselves with the engine and everything else. When they have mastered the small BF-Mod, they can move on to bigger things like the whole Island, several fronts etc Transportation, Ammo, Medics..

    I see it as a door which should be opnened step by step, or else all newcomers get brightened by the light so hard they leave.
    I don't think the community wants a BF clone...

    | Mediterranean Operations Addon | LION OF THE CASPIAN Expansion Pack |

    System Specs:
    Spoiler:

  2. #42
    Well I think Bohemia has more pride in the community that it has now then having one filled with whinny and bitchy 12 year olds for starters. And also, I think people would loose alot of faith in Bohemia if they did do such a thing. Those games are there because they are easy to pick up and play. Honestly I do enjoy playing BF3. But it's a different kind of game and I would never want ArmA to be anything like that. ArmA is not everyone's taste and people need to accept that. But for some people, ArmA is a game like none other where you can do essentially anything you want.

  3. #43
    Master Gunnery Sergeant OnlyRazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 26 2010
    Location
    Stephen King's basement
    Posts
    1,317
    It's odd I've never noticed this thread before. Oh wait, It got posted "Today" according to the forums. Does this look like flamebait to anyone else?

    Anyway, I'll just sum up the collective response:

    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    But obviously it's very hard for people these days to make use of BRAIN v1.0.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by antoineflemming View Post
    I don't think the community wants a BF clone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt15 View Post
    Well I think Bohemia has more pride in the community that it has now then having one filled with whinny and bitchy 12 year olds for starters. And also, I think people would loose alot of faith in Bohemia if they did do such a thing. Those games are there because they are easy to pick up and play. Honestly I do enjoy playing BF3. But it's a different kind of game and I would never want ArmA to be anything like that. ArmA is not everyone's taste and people need to accept that. But for some people, ArmA is a game like none other where you can do essentially anything you want.
    Could either you gentlemen please explain how a multiplayer mission could turn the whole game into a Battlefield clone favored by preteens? Is it the mechanic of gradually seizing certain areas around the map that does it?

  5. #45
    I think the issue is the vagueness of the concept in the original post. It is hard to imagine how a mission could both alter a game like you say, or suddenly make it competitive with the mainstream FPSs. I think most of the posts in the thread are made under the assumption that more would have to change than just the mission.


    My inbox is fill and won't be emptied. If your PM is regarding requests to use my work, unfortunately I choose not to grant such permission. My work is for use with CWR2 only.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by LockDOwn View Post
    Will they FINALLY make on online mulitplayer that will compete with those titles? As of now their game is far above those two. However I don't understand the business decision to not even try and compete in the lucrative online PvP multiplayer? They leave it up to random individuals with low populated servers. PLEASE try. You have the game, just build it!!!
    no thanks, if people want BF's or MW's multiplayer then the solution is simple-go and buy BF and MW (like i did btw). however, don't spoil arma with their "War is cool, let's start runnin & gunnin" approach. I perfectly understand that kids like the notion that war looks cool, but Arma is something different in it's very essence. Arma makes it plain clear (both in SP and MP) that war is an ugly place where one reckless move means game over. so, i don't think we need BF's MP clone. much more important (and useful for selling) is to make Arma look graphically stunning like modern games.

  7. #47
    One option ive thought would be good to introduce is a fatigue system.

    Now when i first saw this in ace i thought it was the dumbest idea in gaming, then i messed around with R3F Realism i realized that i could not move far and was forced to use whats around me rather than constantly trying to move to 'Better' areas and hunting out action, the recovery was not instant and it made me to learn a kind off patience when playing and i actually enjoyed that and saw the beauty in it for MP.

    As in it will restrict ridiculous movement ability, small maps become large because you could no longer run across half of it non stop... transport becomes important.

    Also ive played a bit off insurgency as Opfor for a bit, at times it was some of the best MP/PVP gaming ive ever had, far better than anything i played on BFBC2/COD, unfortunately (for me) its core is coop with the idea off reduced player options for Opfor, does no one in BIS have the vision too see this would go off as a full blown PVP/TVT... well in my old head it would at least, still dreaming of the day

  8. #48
    Moderator Maio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 1 2009
    Location
    BI Secret Forum Police HQ
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Katipo66 View Post
    One option ive thought would be good to introduce is a fatigue system.
    ...
    Ahem, they already cooked up a such a system for A3. Quote form A3 site:
    Adapt your gear to the mission at hand, choose a fitting uniform and balance the gear capacity, protection level and weight.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by tremanarch View Post
    They could make a quick-run-gun-fun gamemode. Just take 1/50 of the whole Island So it is small enough for constant Action. A Vehicle Respawn Timer, and some Flags - and so you have a BF Clone more or less.
    This already exists. It's called "Advance and Secure" except the flags are not capped in random order.
    but it could be modified to let you do so. There is also a pro-mode competition version.

    There is a BF2 mode on Armaholic that lets you cap in random order. it allows bots.
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8371&highlight=BF2 There is another, can't find it though.

    Part of the problem getting PVP servers populated is the fact that the server browser doesn't have a filter for PVP
    you have to have PVP in the server name and hope that people search for that.

    The few PVP servers that exist are buried under a mountain of COOP servers.
    Last edited by jblackrupert; May 8 2012 at 21:21.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I think the issue is the vagueness of the concept in the original post. It is hard to imagine how a mission could both alter a game like you say, or suddenly make it competitive with the mainstream FPSs. I think most of the posts in the thread are made under the assumption that more would have to change than just the mission.
    Still its just an assumption and none who have made have looked back to see what it has made of them.

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ArmAcalypse PvP - the #1 public PvP server in the US - open for all mature players
    By qwertz in forum ARMA 2 & OA - SQUADS AND FANPAGES
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Dec 31 2009, 18:04
  2. Will Bohemia Release more patches to improve system performance?
    By =Spetsnaz= in forum ARMA 2 & OA - GENERAL
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 2 2009, 10:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •