Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

MAD SiN Dedicated Server (Upload your Missions!)

Thanks for the info, and for keeping your TOH server running. :)

Anyone know how Gamespy closing will affect TOH servers, if at all?

No problem :) I just reinstalled Take On and will try to catch some of you guys on there. Has been a while.

Good question. Gamespy will be a problem indeed.

Other games (Take On Helicopters, Arma 2, Arma 2: Free, Arma, Arma: Cold War Assault) will have more limited multiplayer experience with loss of server browser, cd key authentification and NAT traversal systems. That said, direct IP connection to servers should work even after Gamespy services are no longer available.

End of Gamespy

So, the server will still work using direct connect, but new players that don't know about the server won't be able to find it... :(

I'll keep the server up no matter what but this is very unfortunate and will result in even less players.

For direct connect:

IP: server.arma3.cc

Port: 2314

Maybe I have misunderstood this but I have a question.

Does this closing mean that each player, who wants to join on a specific server, needs to have the IP and the Port information?

So no servers will be shown on the multiplayer server list?

Why should Bohemia do such a thing???

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Now I would like to make another question. You see when we are playing there are three players. Two of the players are under the same network switch and one player is online. So is it possible for the first two players to connect, although they are using the same IP address?

Cannot say for sure, but I don't see a problem there, as long as they are using different Serials/Keys.

I would like to make a question.

Is it possible for someone to change the mission that is being played on this server if no one is playing?

I would like to make a question.

Is it possible for someone to change the mission that is being played on this server if no one is playing?

IMHO it should be possible to vote yourself admin (see Multiplayer Commands) and then select whatever mission you want. However, this only works as long as the server admin has not disabled voting in some way or another.

Yup, it's possible and allowed. Already answered that on page 3 :)

Once you're admin you can type: #missions into the chat which returns you to the mission selection.

Ok.

Now can I upload a mission that requires Arma 2 free and OA demo?

I am concerned about people not being able to join the server and change the mission if they don't have them.

The mission would be Aziz Takedown:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171180-Aziz-Takedown

and maybe Heavy Load:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175175-Heavy-Load

EDIT: And the command for the missions didn't work. I typed it many times and I even copy pasted it from the site. Nothing happened.

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast

Nope sorry, no Arma content. Since it's the only Take On server I want to keep it accessible for people who just own the base game.

You typed both?

First #vote admin YOURNAME

Then #missions

Sad to hear that.

Nope I was the only one playing so I typed #missions in the chat "window" and nothing happened. It just showed me what I had written on the top right as usual.

Is anyone still playing on this server? Anyone plans to join? I wish I could play some ToH again, never tried the multiplayer and now I cannot play even SP after screwing up the campaign with an unreversible helicopter selling mistake...

Personally I have played on the particular server many times but now I just can't.

You see uploading missions with Arma content is not allowed so I just host my own server and I play my missions with friends.

I like to fly and they like to shoot.;)