Sign in to follow this  
sxp2high

MAD SiN Dedicated Server (Upload your Missions!)

Well I have been running a Take On Dedicated server since release... It's not used very much, but I'll keep it running no matter what! ;)

Currently it seems to be the only dedicated server, so I thought it kinda deserves a thread. :D

Also, I made an upload site, where you can directly upload your missions to the server! Overwriting/deleting files is not possible, the server has to be shutdown for that. Please send me a PM if you want me to do so.

So you can basically upload a mission, hop onto the server and play it.

Upload your Missions:

server.arma3.cc/TakeOnUpload

Edited by sxp2high

Very nice, thank you. (Will probably upload some of the missions I have made at some point so people have a bit more variety to play on)

Thanks, very nice idea! Any chance the server is going to feature TOH Rearmed content as well? ;)

As of now it seems @CBA_TOH version b5 is required in order to join. Would be nice to allow a little more flexibility perhaps.

Yer i see only 2 mp servers - yours and 1 more. Wonder why peps dont play mp with TOH.

I had a server running with RC patch up for 2 days running Xenos Domi TOH - awsome to

fly with new choppers over takistan. But in those 2 days, not 1 player tried to join the server,

so took it down again. Hope more players when final patch come out.

I thought about Take On Rearmed... but I really don't want to require ArmA at all. People who just own Take On should be able to play on it.

I will maybe launch a second server for rearmed though. :)

Edited by sxp2high
typo

There's been so much going on lately in the Arma(toh)verse that I haven't played much ToH online. I had my server running Xeno's last edit of Domination for ToH for a couple of weeks but not much activity there. Anyway I'll try and make some time and join the server because I can see from SixUpdater that it's always up!

There's been so much going on lately in the Arma(toh)verse that I haven't played much ToH online. I had my server running Xeno's last edit of Domination for ToH for a couple of weeks but not much activity there. Anyway I'll try and make some time and join the server because I can see from SixUpdater that it's always up!

I think people are waiting for the patch to come out before updating, so you probably wont see it pickup till then

Hello, thank you for hosting servers for Arma 2 DayZ some of the best servers.

There is 3 servers from Mad Sin in DayZ, I want ask if it possible to run one server like FR1 with game difficult as Veteran (without tagnames and crosshair and 3d view or disable only tagnames please)

Regards

P.S. sorry for my english

Hello!

Just visited MASsiN's server yesterday and it was great to fly with other people! It was quite refreshing to find out that a simple freeflight can be fun without shooting and blowing things up. The server difficulty setting was "trainee", and in my opinion it should've be expert. Flying easy ruins your skill. All those pilots there were better than trainees...

Thanks and see you again there

Dieselhead aka Merle Dixon

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Hello!

Just visited MASsiN's server yesterday and it was great to fly with other people! It was quite refreshing to find out that a simple freeflight can be fun without shooting and blowing things up. The server difficulty setting was "trainee", and in my opinion it should've be expert. Flying easy ruins your skill. All those pilots there were better than trainees...

Thanks and see you again there

Dieselhead aka Merle Dixon

Hey there,

I looked you up in the logs:

Player Syntax_Error: Wrong signature for file ...\take on helicopters\Hinds\addons\air_h_dlc1.pbo

Try running the last patch again, or reinstalling the Hinds DLC, that usually works to fix the faulty signatures.

Hi, I am having problems getting onto your server when I have Hinds running, my freind is also having the same problem, is there something serverside that could be changed in order to sort this or is it our end that is causing something to happen (and it doesn't always happen either for some reason).

Thank you for keeping the server up as well.

Hello, is there any chance you can send me or link me to the missions? In special the "Testing Passenger Route" mission, I really got interested and would like to host it or just play alone.

Thank you in advance

João Hackbart.

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Also can anyone tell where I can find some other missions?

Hi JoaoHackbart. I can't give you a link to the mission you asked for I'm afraid, but any missions that have been downloaded from a server can be found in the MPMissionsCache folder. Anytime you join a server but don't have the mission, its downloaded to here.

I forget where its located, but you can do a file search to find it.

Not exactly what you were after, but hope it helps.

And thanks to sxp2high for keeping his server running! :)

Edited by Mjr.Hassle

Thanks for the answer, Also I have found this same folder, but When I opened the mission folder they were alone. Do you know anything about it?

Thank You!

You can copy or cut the missions and paste them into your mpmissions folder inside the Take On Helicopters folder. Then when you host a game they should be available.

If thats what you're asking? Not sure what you mean by alone?

Sorry, I am not a native English speaker so I have to think before I write and I mixed everything up xD :p

Anyways I meant empty, not alone.

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:51 ----------

I have found the MPmissionsCache folder, Thank You, yet the mission that I desire don't seem to be there.

Ah right! I'm with you now.

I can only think of a couple of things at the moment:

The files might be hidden. Here's a short guide how to have them show if they are. Its for Win7 but a quick google will find similar guides for other operating systems. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Show-hidden-files

The only other thing I can suggest is to do a file search for the actual mission name if you haven't already. It might have saved somewhere else for some reason. (I read in the ArmA2 forum that admin rights, or lack of, can change where things are saved.)

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'll keep pondering on it.

Edited by Mjr.Hassle

Hey, I found in the MPmissionsCache folder (C:\Users\"yourusername"\AppData\Local\Take On Helicopters\MPMissionsCache) Then I just copied to MPmissions (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\mpmissions).

It wasn't a normal *.pbo file so i tought it wasn't it. It was a *.TakeOnHWizardMission file. Anyways Thank you for all the Help. Good Flights!

I've jumped in a couple of times this weekend.

Couple of questions...

Do I need the ToH CBA running (I thought I may be missing some elements) ?

Am I able to change the mission (when there is nobody else playing) or is there some kind of preset rotation ?

Thanks for keeping the server up and running.

Hi there!

CBA should not be required for players. It MIGHT be possible that SOME missions require it, but you should be fine without it.

There is no rotation, I leave that up to the players. So yea, you can choose what to play. You can also vote a temporary admin for that.

I.e. Just type:

#vote admin BoneBoys

into the chat.

More info: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Server_Commands#Player

Just a heads up on the downtime: We are moving to a new box with more power... Server will be back up in one or two days.

Server is back up :)

New URL for mission upload: http://server.arma3.cc/TakeOnUpload/

Edited by sxp2high

In case anyone is reading this...

I noticed the server crashed a couple of times recently and I had to restart it manually. It's now running as windows service and will restart automatically right away. Sorry for the inconvenience to those who played on it.