Sign in to follow this  
KenNitro

sandbox level for setting up controls?

Just got anniversary edition I think it was called, first time trying out the ArmA series, liking what I see so far.

I have a ton of controllers I'd like to use, racing wheel with clutch, brake, throttle, stick shifter, joystick with sepera throttle, TrackIR and various other stuff.

I'm having problems completing the bootcamp tutorials because I have so much to get setup and get stuck with for example one of the jeeps just driving by itself and can't figure out what's mapped wrong, the suggestions for what to use to activate an action are miles long because of all the auto mapped controllers.

So, my question is if there's some kind of sandbox map with a bunch of assets like vehicles, weapons etc.. that I could just mess around with to get everything setup and experiment with my control schemes, without having some mission or objective to complete?

Go to the editor, double-click anywhere to place your unit, preview and do whatever you want. Watch out though, it can get addictive! :D

Or, just go to the Armory or one of the equipment showcase missions.

Ah yes - don't forget to tell your loved ones where you are - once you step into the editor the true power of Arma is released and there's no going back...

All of those things will work - except for the clutch - everything is automatic in Arma2 (unless of course there's a mod out there that I missed).

Ah yes - don't forget to tell your loved ones where you are - once you step into the editor the true power of Arma is released and there's no going back...

All of those things will work - except for the clutch - everything is automatic in Arma2 (unless of course there's a mod out there that I missed).

Thanks to both of you, that took me a little further, got most things setup now, but for some reason I can't get my joystick to work with either the analog or keybinds throttle on the choppers, it just doesn't work right making landing without crashing nearly impossible. It's like the throttle is just always on, I've setup keybinds to take auto-hover off but it doesn't make any difference.

Maybe I should start another thread about that issue, I tried searching a bit but I couldn't find anything.

There are two different thrust control sets in the options where the other is suited for binary keyboard use. If you feel that it's always on, try setting the controls to the other set.

Try this:

Increase trust z- axis

decrease trust z+ axis

and leave the 2 analouge empty