Sign in to follow this  
TFR RLTW

50 for hummer

Who thinks the hummer should have a 50-cal or a mach-15 full auto grenade launcher.

I agree a .50 cal would be cool or a MK-199not mach there aint nothun mach bout it) or a TOW launcher

YESS! people with some sense. I agree. It needs a .50 cal, a grenade launcher, or a TOW. Too bad I don't think BIS will ever make it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Soon2B 2nd LT on 3:02 am on Nov. 23, 2001

YESS! people with some sense.  I agree.  It needs a .50 cal, a grenade launcher, or a TOW.  Too bad I don't think BIS will ever make it.

<span id='postcolor'>

So only the people who like your ideas make sense?

I'd have to agee. Why have a Jeep with a gun and not a Humvee?

The MPs (Military Police) out there would probably be enthused to see these.

Any Mechs would probably desire it too. Easy enough to do with a patch given the great support from BIS.

The Mutt with the M2 sucks, its hard to use and you die in 2 seconds.

The BDRM should have a 14.5 and a 7.62 in a turret

The Hummer needs a MK-19 or Browning (preferably the MK-19)

Even soo... I do like the cars without guns. But in which case, we can use the Mutt of the UAZ. Or civi cars. I want mounted machineguns!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Devil on 6:32 pm on Nov. 23, 2001

Something like this?

u_turretfinal1.jpg

u_turretfinal2.jpg

u_turretfinal3.jpg

u_turretfinal4.jpg

<span id='postcolor'>

no devil.

How about one of them with the M113 turret ontop?

that might be abit better.

The 113 turrent on top? Thats crazy its a truck not a Tank. Humvves are mainly for transport and scouting as used in 2ACR not to great for engaging other vehcles

? don't you remember the Humvees used in the film "OUTBREAK?"

They all had turrets ontop like the M113.

Nope never seen the movie. And in my time in Army never seen a humvee with a turrent. Seen um were they have added Metal on the sides to give protection to the gunner and thats bout it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Jamesia on 8:55 pm on Nov. 23, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Devil on 6:32 pm on Nov. 23, 2001

Something like this?

u_turretfinal1.jpg

u_turretfinal2.jpg

u_turretfinal3.jpg

u_turretfinal4.jpg

<span id='postcolor'>

no devil.

How about one of them with the M113 turret ontop?

that might be abit better.

<span id='postcolor'>

Not possible w/o p3d editor.

No, I like people with good ideas. This is a good idea because it fits into the game. US humvees have weapons mounted on them. It makes more sense than a jeep with a .50 cal.

Guest Scooby

Because of nature of OFP I would rather see team portable TOW or Grenade machinegun than one attached to jeep.

I think that it would create more cooperation beetween players if it would work so that group of men would carry it into firing position rather than having jeep which can easily drive around the map.

At the moment in OFP it feels like that it is better strategy in multiplayer just to divide forces all around and attack with one man groups and not to go in as a team.

Deathbysaw is right- Hummers (at least the hummers at every base I've been to) mounting a gun are either turretless, or have a sort of metal "hopper" to afford the gunner a little protection from small arms and fragments. It looks almost like a wheelbarrow with a slot for the M2 (or M60) to poke out of...

In either case, the point is that a turret is not nescessary- just the pintle (or what have you) to mount the '60 or M2.

A MK19 would be nice, tho.