Sign in to follow this  
Feint

RQ-11 Raven A

I can hear the engine start-up and the beep that occurs after it hits the ground just fine, I don't know why anybody would have difficulties hearing it since it's pretty loud.

But it has the same properties as a bird. So they would react to it as they react to a bird, i.e they wouldn't care.

Could you script in a "release the payload" into the script just to aggravate the AI? ;)

^^ plop :)

lol.. or possibly the ablity to equip it with small arms or even throwables.. would be fun marking a spot with a smoke grenade so my squad knows where to hit them..

could be pretty awesome to have it deploy flares too..

or even a couple of grenades! just my overboard thoughts!

Haha. I'm sure the military suggested all sorts of similar ideas AeroVironment when they developed the Raven for DARPA. I'm going to see if I can fix the problem with assembling on ships for now.

UPDATE: Things I've added

RANGE LIMIT: I've added a limit of 8 km from the Ground Control Station (GCS)

• When selecting a new camera target, an 8km circle around the GCS is drawn on the map
  • If you select a point farther than 8km from the GCS, you get a hint telling you to select a closer point

BATTERY LIMIT: OK, I've successfully added a 60 minute battery charge limit.

• When the battery is dead, the Raven automatically returns to the GCS.
  • The camera also turns off and can't be turned back on.
  • Battery level holds true from Raven to Raven, so if there is more than one Raven in the game, each will have its own battery level (from 100 to 0).
  • A Raven with 0% battery level can be picked up but can not be launched

BATTERY LEVEL DISPLAY: I've created an in-camera battery level readout

• 10 lines indicate 10 percentage points of battery level
  • There is a numerical indicator telling you the total battery charge remaining (in minutes)
  • When the level reaches 5% or below, you get a BATTERY warning which replaces the lines

RECHARGING: I've created a way to recharge the Raven.

• You can recharge more than one raven at a time.
  • If you try to recharge the raven while it is already recharging, you get a hint that it's already recharging.
  • If you pick up a raven that's recharging, you can track the charge level in real time with an on-screen display. When you drop the raven, the display disappears.
  • You can't launch a Raven that is recharging.
  • You can't pack up a Raven that is recharging

COMPASS: I created an in-camera compass

• It tracks the camera movement.
  • When you zoom in, the compass gets larger. When you zoom out, the compass gets smaller.
  • North is red and larger than W, E and S which are green

OTHER CHANGES: I tweaked a few other things

• Less blurry DTV camera mode
  • Optimized positions for right and left info displays for faster reading (numbers closer to center)
  • Zoom in and Zoom out separate keys
  • Multiple stages of zoom (11 total instead of 4) added and max zoom increased
  • Team switching problems with addActions solved -- (_target==_this) conditions added

SCREENIES:

RQ-11_VER1-2_display-002_LR.jpg RQ-11_VER1-2_batteryCharging-001_LR.jpg

RQ-11_VER1-2_rangeLimit-001_LR.jpg

Edited by Feint

Great addon made just checked it out now... Love the assembly features... Any Plans on doing an opfor version like the split? This is brilliant man thanks v much

Thanks y'all. @wolfbite, negative on opfor plans. But other future plans may be swirling and hovering around in my head.

Bloody marvelous Feint!

What he said and then some !

Well done mate. Awesome addition to my commandline list!

What he said and then some !

Well done mate. Awesome addition to my commandline list!

+ 1 to this

havent used this yet (waited for the updated TBH) .. does the camera "lock" on a position like mandoble scripts?

Or is it pretty easy without it?

Will try with new update soon though, great addition list.

Cool man.. Look forward to checking out the update tonight..

I did a short demonstration video over at my YouTube channel....

LwJ7HZwbciA

:) Very nice Jedra. That was great. I think you all will be happy with some of the new enhanced features.

That answered my lock camera Q in the video :)

Does it still have the odd pause/loop sound in the engine, sounded quite a loop gap in that video ESP as it returned to land back again.

Very nive Update Feint. The dependency for Battery-charging should take the power a bit back. Also the 8km radius is a great idea (although 8km are not really small in Armaverse). It´s amazing how much love for all the little details where put in from you :ok:!

I can hear the engine start-up and the beep that occurs after it hits the ground just fine, I don't know why anybody would have difficulties hearing it since it's pretty loud.

The issue is not people hearing it (volume-wise) but that when one player launches it, other players on that server do not hear the sounds unless they launched the Raven. Once I get a chance I'll see if I can record an example of it with some friends on a dedicated server.

Feint, if possible, could you do some testing with CBA to see if you could get it to work that way?

Hi Feint,

hope it's oke to ask you about visual improvements found it's place in v1.2 regarding the blurriness factor.

I personally would prefer a less blurry optic more, to enjoy and observe distant fights from above. :don3:

I Love your addon!

The issue is not people hearing it (volume-wise) but that when one player launches it, other players on that server do not hear the sounds unless they launched the Raven. Once I get a chance I'll see if I can record an example of it with some friends on a dedicated server.

Feint, if possible, could you do some testing with CBA to see if you could get it to work that way?

I've not heard of this problem before you mentioned it, but if CBA has a fix, I'll just implement it. Thanks again for alerting me to the problem.

---------- Post added at 18:10 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

That answered my lock camera Q in the video :)

Does it still have the odd pause/loop sound in the engine, sounded quite a loop gap in that video ESP as it returned to land back again.

Yup. Everyone's favorite looping sound is still there. I'll see if I can improve it to make it less loopy. ;)

Very nice Update Feint. The dependency for Battery-charging should take the power a bit back. Also the 8km radius is a great idea (although 8km are not really small in Armaverse). It´s amazing how much love for all the little details where put in from you :ok:!

Thanks man. You did a great job on the models and I'm just trying to keep up with your high standards. :)

Hi Feint,

hope it's oke to ask you about visual improvements found it's place in v1.2 regarding the blurriness factor.

I personally would prefer a less blurry optic more, to enjoy and observe distant fights from above. :don3:

I Love your addon!

Thanks. Version 1.2 (which might be changed to 1.5 since I'm adding a lot) will be less blurry. I'm also changing the battery readout to display remaining battery life in minutes (since even the most basic consumer video cameras display minutes instead of percentages).

BTW, I just saw this video and thought it was pretty awesome. It's obviously not real, but it's a cool concept.

SNPJMk2fgJU

do you think that you could make it so when you go into the camera view, your character stays in whatever stance you were in prior to going into the camera mode? like if you're crouched and you go into camera mode, you stay crouched, not stand up?

I think like using map view a default go to crouch position could be good, just because of being in an area that "might" have enemy while your busy viewing and flying. I realise you try to make it obvious not to be in enemy territory but there might be scenarios where your stance control would be helpful to bunker down / controllable while using.

No clue how that would be done though :)

Yeah, maybe the tactical need for safety and concealment overrides the need to see the unit holding the GCS. I'd like to use the binoculars animations, but the units won't hold that animation. The unit always switches back to a standard idle animation right away. I'll play around with it.

Here's a video demo of the latest features:

eFe64K0cGyU

Awesome addon, thank you for making it. My only suggestion would be to make the backpack a little lighter in color, and maybe add more variants.

has anyone found an issue when using ACE and trying to use the Z key to zoom... everything else seems to work fine.