Sign in to follow this  
noone1

Getting grass in OFP

hi all, I would like to get some grass on the main OFP islands and I'm wondering how to do so. There exist many addons like BattleTech, i44 and UWAR but it seems performance drops severely if I place lots of grass in the editor. Also, I can't place the grass exactly where I would like (I usually multiply squares and then copy/paste them) and can only use it for own missions. I've seen various scripts that don't place grass on road (included in i44 grass pack demo and also UWAR) but I don't know how to use that. Basically I would like to see the UWAR-like grass effects (small grass that pops up infront of you as you move) and have that all the time if possible. Should I give up hope on that or is there a way to make this? Thanks in advance.

I think you must buy some seed first and then get a spreader and start spreading the seed wherever you want grass to grow.

Haha, just kidding.

Let me take a look at my OFP addon collection.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

I don't think there are any addons that will add grass, I think you may have to find complete remakes of the islands that include grass. Although, I could be wrong.

I think you must buy some seed first and then get a spreader and start spreading the seed wherever you want grass to grow.

Haha, just kidding.

Let me take a look at my OFP addon collection.

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:23 ----------

I don't think there are any addons that will add grass, I think you may have to find complete remakes of the islands that include grass. Although, I could be wrong.

That's the thing, islands with grass but without the big performance hit. That i44 grass demo was pretty good but is just one mission (a multi-player one at that) and I have to clue how to make the UWAR addon to work (requires some scripting and stuff like that).

FFUR 2008 will automatically add the grass BUT it will be an absolute viewblocker for AI in many places. Meaning they won't be able to see shit 5-10m away even though you will. The grass won't react like it does in ArmA either - you won't be able to push it down with your body (although vehicles can - grass is treated like bushes)

Those are OFP engine's limitations for you.