Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (In the future)

Watch:

x3tedlWs1XY

Takes place in the future, 2025. So there will be a lot of unmanned things.

The plot seems to revolve around some enemy faction taking over all the unmanned things and taking out Los Angeles this time.

Upsized

also seem to be a very prominent element.

Good news about the future setting. It's an indication that the industry realizes how tapped-out modern war is, as a basic for all these samey grey shooting games. It's a more honest setting for Black Ops' absurdity, without betraying anything like Ghost Recon.

Even ArmA is doing it, obviously.

A friend showed me that trailer. Not interested. Actually not such a terrible concept but......

Another COD woopdy doo. Also don't bring up Arma3's future setting in comparison to this, much less when it showcased a future setting before this and is not as balls to the wall as this, nor is it as sci fi as the others.

Edited by NodUnit

Too bad Arma 3 and Other games will keep me occupied.

This new approach looks dumb too me. I laughed when I saw the horses what did everything get EMP'd?

Like publishers/game devs did WW2 theme to death they will probably do it with future and superfuture setting. Where is the creativity or innovative gameplay/design with only profit and customer retention ruling the decisions? On the other hand just look at US market and see how many people just like + buy such simple shooter games.

I keep thinking maybe they'll surpass COD4. Maybe they'll come up with something the sets the bar as high as COD4 did. Maybe they'll come up with something innovative.

Every damn time they prove me wrong. I guess this is what happens when the majority of your audience is made up of mouth-breathing idiots - you can get away with it.

It looks like COD4 will always be the best COD.

Much like previous ones, no thanks...

@Flash Thunder

+1 On the horses thing. I thought: What the? what is this? A flashback to an old western?

Fancy trailer :) Horse riding is a game play element... diversity... it helps keeping things fresh to a certain degree. It will still be a rail shooter, I don't expect anything fresh out if it.

Oh...and why did they have to bring woods back to life...

Walking robot combat machines in 2025? No way. It took fifty years and counting to replace the M16 rifle, it will take at least another 50 years to replace the human element. Sure, technology is advancing, but the time between research and actual deployment is long, and will also be dictated by need. Why would you need walking battle tanks when the other side still uses T-55?

Apart from that, it's CoD. That means that you cannot go for a minute without something exploding.

Good thing ArmA 3 is coming :)

I sometimes believe I'm watching some kind of joke whenever a new Cod is announced,but then I realize that millions of people actually pay for this shit.Damn it I forgot to shut off my brain whenever I watch a new CoD trailer,now I have to judge it for what it is.

Mucho grande explosions-check

Linear driving\riding\piloting-check

Press button and something awesome happens(trademark from Bioware)-check

Respawning enemy waves unless you advance-check

We just need some new advanced gameplay mechanics like AI opening the doors for you and auto-aim...oh wait they already introduced those,wonder whats next.

Instead forking 50$ for this crap better watch some Michael Bay flick,it's really the same and you won't feel guilty for encourage them to produce this "game?" every year.

I lol'd at the mechs and the horses...

It looks terribly thought-out. 2025? Basically one decade away. That level of technology is either 2050+, or just never.

I'm just so glad that BIS didn't envision the near future to be SO DARN CAMP. And cliche.

I haven't played any COD games since the first one, which I got for Christmas and completed by Boxing day; was left thoroughly disappointed!

I lol'd at the mechs

Get your hats, gentlemen. We're going to town on mechs!

this is the final nail in the coffin for the COD spin offs...

It's like CoD became a parody of itself.

Walking robots? Horses? Hahaha

Too bad Arma 3 and Other games will keep me occupied.

This new approach looks dumb too me. I laughed when I saw the horses what did everything get EMP'd?

The horses were the only thing I liked about the trailer. It's probably inspired by the invasion of Afganistan. The Northern Alliance and Army special forces charged Taliban BMPs and Shilkas on horseback, under cover of airstrikes. It was on the way to take Mazar-e-Sharif. You can read about in some book called Horse Soldiers or something.

So eat crow, everyone.

Looks more like 2125 to me, technology wise. ArmA3 is much more believable in terms of realistically achievable scientific progress.

Black Ops and CoD were already science fiction, with AK-74s coming out before 1974, heat-seeking anti-aircraft AT4s and heartbeat monitors.

now no one can complain about the railgun tank in arma3! :D

Like publishers/game devs did WW2 theme to death they will probably do it with future and superfuture setting. Where is the creativity or innovative gameplay/design with only profit and customer retention ruling the decisions?

Sometimes I wonder why no one used Korea War. Complete clusterfuck at begining, with Blufor completely ounumbered and outgunned. Change of pace with allied reinforcements. Pattons and Centurions making short work of enemy T-34s (which in first part were like some freaking juggernauts), while themself beign outgunned by IS-2 and especially IS-3 tanks. Then PLA join play with their, seem like, unlimited resources.

Or Cold-War-gets-hot w/o nukes scenario somewhere in 60's, like Cuban Missile Crisis, low-budget RTS based on Blitzkrieg engine, thing hit the spot for me.

The horses were the only thing I liked about the trailer. It's probably inspired by the invasion of Afganistan. The Northern Alliance and Army special forces charged Taliban BMPs and Shilkas on horseback, under cover of airstrikes. It was on the way to take Mazar-e-Sharif. You can read about in some book called Horse Soldiers or something.

Don't get your hopes up, my bet it's just autoaim shooting sequence same as snowbike or river boat in MW2.

Wow, 3 pages in one day for a game that "no one here cares".