Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (In the future)

But it's fantasy. Nobody is going to build a huge, barely rotating, slowass platform (especially a 6 legged one) which will cost tens of millions per piece which can easily be taken out by a pair of $80k rockets.
    That's oversimplified. It will not be taken out, it'll just be disabled. Same will happen if you take down wheel of huge transport vehicle. And small walkers could also have good use. And it'll rotate better that any wheeled vehicle of same size. And btw, it's possible it could walk even with 5 legs if necessary (and more than 6 legs is OK too).

But I admit that walker in last CoD pic looks lame.

Btw, war sucks. Everything can be taken out by few nukes. Transport walkers could be used during peace too.
    Last edited by batto; May 4 2012 at 16:17.

You can do that with every machine. Helicopters, Planes, Tanks and Cars.

Nothing is indestructible and pointing out that an 80k$ rocket can take out a target doesn't make the concept invalid.

One can assume it would be relatively easier to replace a track or wheel, especially in the field, than a giant and mechanically complex leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ View Post
    ARMA 3 Community is dominate!

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu View Post
    One can assume it would be relatively easier to replace a track or wheel, especially in the field, than a giant and mechanically complex leg.
    You're comparing oranges & apples. They'll have same problem replacing giant track/wheel (even if it's less complex than leg).

Quote Originally Posted by metalcraze
    It's the same reason why spaceships don't have sails despite being called a ship - it's called laws of physics.
    Please cut this non-sense crap.
    Last edited by batto; May 4 2012 at 16:51.

Quote Originally Posted by one_man_clan View Post
    You're comparing oranges & apples. They'll have same problem replacing giant track/wheel (even if it's less complex than leg).
    Giant tracks and wheels?

A leg on a walker would be more complex and larger than a wheel or tank track, no? So how could you replace a worn out leg as (relatively) easy as a track? Tanks are maintenance intensive as it is but most maintenance can be done in the field, I dread to think what a walker would be like.

Amazon pre-orders for Black Ops 2 are ten times ahead of the first Black Ops, even passing day one pre-orders for Modern Warfare 3.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1224311p1.html

[Losing faith in humanity image requested]

LOL, 1st comment says it all.

STOP BREEDING!
    ~The bearly literate pugilist~
    MP: Black Amish
    3 rules to live by:
    Don't smoke in bed
    Stay away from tatoo'ed women
    Stay outta bushes at night

Spoiler:

Master Gunnery Sergeant OnlyRazor's Avatar
    Well, at least we have a new source of pre-employed adolescent population statistics. But seriously, this is hopefully my last bashful post on the subject, seeing as how I really don't care about it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    But obviously it's very hard for people these days to make use of BRAIN v1.0.

Im surprised that Activision doesn't just put a damn bumper sticker on the front door of every house in the States and in Europe...

Seeing ads all over Youtube about BLOPS 2 makes me sad.

I agree with the "STOP BREEDING!" comment.
    *HAF 922 Cooler Master case
    *ASUS Maximus VI Gene Republic of Gamers Motherboard
    *Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell @3.8ghz
    *Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 @1600mhz
    *EVGA GTX560 Ti 2048MB DDR5 memory Factory clocked
    *Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD
    *Hannspree 22" Widescreen Monitor 1680x1050 @60hz

Quote Originally Posted by one_man_clan View Post
    That's oversimplified. It will not be taken out, it'll just be disabled. Same will happen if you take down wheel of huge transport vehicle. And small walkers could also have good use. And it'll rotate better that any wheeled vehicle of same size. And btw, it's possible it could walk even with 5 legs if necessary (and more than 6 legs is OK too).
    It will be taken out. It will just fall on its side and won't be able to do anything, damaging itself in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Charles View Post
    You can do that with every machine. Helicopters, Planes, Tanks and Cars.

Nothing is indestructible and pointing out that an 80k$ rocket can take out a target doesn't make the concept invalid.
    Laws of physics and common sense make concept invalid. Walkers can't turn fast, walkers can't move fast, walkers are unstable (take out one leg and it falls down), walkers require much more powerful engines and more fuel to move them hugeass feet (meaning they will be beyond hot) and finally they are HUGE and thus noticeable kms away. It's a fantasy concept that can only look cool in hollywood movies but in reality it will never happen.

Whole advancement of military tech is based around vehicles being fast, manouverable and undetectable and walker "concept" represents the direct opposite of that.
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast