Sign in to follow this  
emeraldelbow

Where is the cheapest place to buy arma 2?

Starving college student here. Dying to play the game, but low on funds. Anyone know where a super cheap place to buy it is?

amazon or steam, or maybe ebay! but buy combined operatios! its better to have the complete package. and there are also 2 DLC's worth buying.

just eat vegetables for 2 weeks and you have saved enough. it is worth it! and healthy too :)

tuna additionally is filling as well! try it. its frickin' awesome ;)

Edited by tremanarch

@emeraldelbow: no idea where you are situated but I'm guessing US so, a 5-min check reveals that Combined Operations (Arma2+Operation Arrowhead):

Sprocket (BI's own online store): €25 ($33)

Amazon US: $33

Otherwise try GetGames, Steam, Froogle, FleaBay and all the usual suspects.

Eating more veg is always good (health, budget & environment).

I'd wait for the Sprocket deals to arrive. Normally they do -50% at various times around the year.

a few weeks ago amazon selling arma 2 CO for 10 usd =/

if you want, pm me your email and i'll help by notifying you when i see similar offer again.

If you're a starving college student I assume you would have a relatively shitty computer then? (or was all your food money spend on electronics)

If you're a starving college student I assume you would have a relatively shitty computer then? (or was all your food money spend on electronics)

If spec'd properly, Arma2 will run quite well on what passes for a relatively shitty computer these days.

So over a month ago I found out about Day-Z but I never ended up buying Arma 2: CO as I didn't want to spend $30. I now really want to play it again and am mad at myself for not buying it on Amazon for $15 when it was on sale the other day... So what I'm asking is does anyone know where I can find Arma II: CO for preferably $15 or below? I really want to play Arma 2/Day-z! :eek:

Well tried to look for low priced ones take a look on these:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-A2COEU/arma-2-combined-operations-bundle

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

http://www.pr678.com/arma2-combined-operations-download-p-177.html

Your kinda late I bought my ArmA 2 CO back in few months only for 10 GBP or something like that on gamersgate :D

Cnaff please search before posting, there was an existing active thread in the correct forum.

Well tried to look for low priced ones take a look on these:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-A2COEU/arma-2-combined-operations-bundle

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/

http://www.pr678.com/arma2-combined-operations-download-p-177.html

Your kinda late I bought my ArmA 2 CO back in few months only for 10 GBP or something like that on gamersgate :D

so lucky...

Hi all :),

I want to buy ARMA X- Anniversary Edition but a Box Pack (collection of DVDs) as I won't be able to afford to download 20+gigs (as I am in India; internet bandwidth here is damn expensive :x ).

so, I am unable to find the best deal.. the one on Bohemia's online store looked as if it is an online download purchase. (which probably it is for sure).

I have also posted 2 emails regarding the same to Bohemia's support also (just to be sure). I would really like to buy the game (after enjoying countless hours on Arma 2: Free. Can somebody please guide me to a link from where I can do the same? I came across this here and this one too but as both of these differ by their "Region" dependent distribution copies so I am unsure which to buy. (I am wondering if I get the "Asia" version then all the good HD stuff would be blocked/stripped out :'( ) Please suggest :)

Also I want to support the devs for providing us with this wonderful game (no doubt I am going to buy ARMA: III also.. infact I am right now looking to pre-order it :D if you guys have come across any legit website doing so then pls tell me now I want to get it before I actually order the ARMA X: Anniversary edition and run out of all greens $$$ :D )

Thanks & Regards,

sky770

Edited by sky770

I moved your post here as there are numerous existing threads about where to buy.

What about Zest in Thailand? https://www.zest.co.th/content/view/id/10964/

Hi,

wow..thanks for moving my post here :)

regarding Zest.. I guess its a digital download as the discs section in the product description is just having a " - " dash* ? i.e none?

Anyways I have fired n email to their customer support lets see how they respond. Is this merchant legit? O_o

Thanks & Regards,

sky770

Hi,

I tried registering an account with ZEST but was unable to login.. the system said wrong password? but i had entered it correct!

I tried resetting my password, tried with it.. but then again wrong password! :/ I guess they don't like/want international customers. I tried creating 2 separate accounts but to no avail :(. Anyone please any alternative to ZEST but with similar price range? (only box pack versions) ?

Yes Zest are legitimate and as far as I'm aware are happy with international customers, I have contacted them in the past and they've responded to my email so maybe just wait a little longer, as far as I could see from the advert that was the boxed version (well I assumed it was!) we shall keep looking ;)

Yes Zest are legitimate and as far as I'm aware are happy with international customers, I have contacted them in the past and they've responded to my email so maybe just wait a little longer, as far as I could see from the advert that was the boxed version (well I assumed it was!) we shall keep looking ;)

Whenever I click on buy, the login page comes up. And I have tried creating an account for 3 separate times. Everytime whenever I try to log in it says please contact our customer care at ## no. or email them, sometimes it says wrong password!? You have # attempts left after that your account will be blocked.

Why is it so hard for them to make a proper functioning online ordering system? Is it some kind of banking system? Even EA doesn't have this much of tighter security workaround :p

I have tried calling them up. the number basically isn't reachable nor is there any reply from them :(

Can you do me a favor placebo? Can you create an account for me? I can give you my email address. Rest of the details like the postal address can be changed after creating the account I suppose? So that shouldn't be a problem. :) Just fill up arbitrary info. on the postal address etc.

maybe?

Edited by sky770
updated

Why is it so hard for them to make a proper functioning online ordering system? Is it some kind of banking system? Even EA doesn't have this much of tighter security workaround :p

No offence but many hundreds of people have found it functioning quite well this weekend alone ;)

But we shall try to create an account ourselves for you, PM me your name/address/email and we'll see what we can do, if nothing else I'll try creating the account for you from my PC :)

just sent you a PM.

Would appreciate it if you can help me out with Zest :D

Hey :),

That did it. Now I figured out what went wrong last time..I was trying to login using the form given on the right hand side of the website.

Well, now I have a new small prob. I want to pay using my credit/debit card. So has anyone done that before on ZEST ? I mean there were some instructions written in Thai on the website when I clicked on pay and selected VISA/CREDIT CARD:

33xfxmu.png

I translated them using translate.google.com and it din't really made sense to me :| They want to me to send some kind of confirmation.

Please help, I am this* close for my Arma X pack :D

UPDATE: Just ordered it. I was able to complete my payment after googling out how to proceed with the payment thingy on ZEST :D

Thanks a lot..for holding my hand through the process :)

Thanks & Regards,

sky770

Pssst: When's ARMA3 rolling out? :D Want to pre-order it (muahahaha 8) )

Edited by sky770
update

Great, lets hope it arrives now ;)

Hmm Arma3 eh? Let's worry about getting your hands on the community alpha test first ;)