Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.4 Stable - Release Thread

Hmm? So i press first Capslock and hold it, then pressing # for Radiotalk? But i dont unterstand, why i dont hear radiosquawk ... aw, wish, i can switch back to Win XP ...

There is one PTT button for radio, its defined in the config file in your userconfig folder. By default it is capslock.

The PTT for your direct speaking is your normal TS3 PTT key.

THEY CAN NOT BE THE SAME KEY.

So if you have capslock set in TS3 to be your PTT key it needs to be changed, either in TS3 or in ACRE.

You only need to press one key. If you want to talk on radio use the radio PTT key. If you want to talk to the guy next to you then your TS3 PTT.

Is there a way to stop people joining a channel in TS if acre isn't turned on ?

Edited by BL1P

Hello again,

tested it at the last weekend, pushing capslock for local talk work fine ... when i want to use the radio, i pressed only #, but no radiosquawk, no transmit of voice ...

Soundcard is an onboardchip from realtek, using the lasted driver R2.71 from 8.4.2013 ...

Does Windows 7 soundoptions need a special tweak? Not sure, if win7 blocking some datatransfer between acre, arma2 and ts3 ...

Latest Battle Eye update as of today breaks JayArma2Lib.

it's being looked into ... sorry for the issues

In your previous posts in your sig you had yourself listed as an ACRE dev guess its a reliable source. Glad you made the post so I can stop looking for a solution. Half the people I play with have had this error and the others are fine which makes it interesting.

it's being looked into ... sorry for the issues

Thanks for looking into the issue. If a fix is discovered could you send a tweet announcing a fix?

Just installed this yesterday in order to join in with the 40th Marine Expeditionary guys. As I had heard it was a _bit_ of tweakage to get it running. But between Six Updater and some simple suggestions from the 40th guys, I had it up and running with very little pain.

WOW! What a new dimension to the game! :)

Truly amazing fantastic stuff.

Thanks for the notice. Thought it was something on my end.

Is there a temporary workaround the issue to bypass the problem?

Thanks alot!!

Start a temporary game without battleye (i.e use editor) to let the JayArma2Lib to start before the battleye. Then without turining the game off, just connect to the server. It should work then.

Any progress on the BE fix?

Seems to be a 50/50 on who does and does not have the problem

Cheers

EDIT: Work around does work. It seems to to be the way in which JLib boots up. It must run BEFORE ACRE, there running on a editor does not involve ACRE, allowing it to run first, meaning it will work properly. So focusing on the order in which the Mods run.

Edited by tmortensen

Any progress on the BE fix?

Seems to be a 50/50 on who does and does not have the problem

Cheers

Yeah i notice there are some in my clan who don't have the issue... will try the editor method. Thanks.

EDIT: workaround works. thanks brechozord!

Edited by DukeNukeM.

Hi guys,

right now, iam working on my own radio for ACRE. It is allready fully functional, but i have a few questions:

1.) Transmitting Power: A value of 1000. About what unit are we talking about? Is it Milliwatt?

2.) Actually my radio is operating with the default 120cm BNC Antenna. But the radio in real life is using a different one. It comes out of the box with a 90cm dipole antenna.

2.a) Is there any effect in editing the height of the antenna in their class definition? And whats the difference between "height" and "heightAG"?

2.b) Antenna gain. Iam comfortable with antenna gain in reallife. But how do you translate such a schema into the game?

As far as i got: you defined one array every 10 MHz, that the antenna will working on. Each array consists of 360 "coordinates" (little array with two values). These coordinates are repeating them selves every ten steps. The second value of a coordinate is always "-999.0". But i have no idea how to deal with this information.

Thank you for your help.

Hi guys,

right now, iam working on my own radio for ACRE. It is allready fully functional, but i have a few questions:

1.) Transmitting Power: A value of 1000. About what unit are we talking about? Is it Milliwatt?

2.) Actually my radio is operating with the default 120cm BNC Antenna. But the radio in real life is using a different one. It comes out of the box with a 90cm dipole antenna.

2.a) Is there any effect in editing the height of the antenna in their class definition? And whats the difference between "height" and "heightAG"?

2.b) Antenna gain. Iam comfortable with antenna gain in reallife. But how do you translate such a schema into the game?

As far as i got: you defined one array every 10 MHz, that the antenna will working on. Each array consists of 360 "coordinates" (little array with two values). These coordinates are repeating them selves every ten steps. The second value of a coordinate is always "-999.0". But i have no idea how to deal with this information.

Thank you for your help.

It is in milliwatts, yes.

Height, and heightAG are the height of the antenna's primary radiation source on the antenna, and the heightAG is used for the height of the entire antenna off the ground. To be honest these are really not used that much/specifically in the calculations, and they are going to change significantly in ACRE2.

The gain format is like you said, and each of the 10 steps is 0 to 90 degrees in elevation. The format for each entry is the gain in dBi for vertical and horizontal polarization. We do not have any horizontal polarized antenna gain entries, so the default value is -999. The format is based on the exported data from MMANA-GAL.

Great, i got it. Thank you for the short explanation.

Just one more question:

Is the players animation/view included in the calculation? I mean, if i would look all the way up with my model, does this influence the orientation(elevation) of my antenna?

Great, i got it. Thank you for the short explanation.

Just one more question:

Is the players animation/view included in the calculation? I mean, if i would look all the way up with my model, does this influence the orientation(elevation) of my antenna?

No, not currently. It is included in ACRE2 and will affect all antenna orientations, including vehicles and aircraft.

Thanks for the notice. Thought it was something on my end.

Is there a temporary workaround the issue to bypass the problem?

Thanks alot!!

I and a friend of mine just uninstalled the current version of BE and reinstalled an older version. Worked like a charm for us, but I can't tell if you'll get problems with some servers that require a newer version.

Edited by SmileCode

I and a friend of mine just uninstalled the current version of BE and reinstalled an older version. Worked like a charm for us, but I can't tell if you'll get problems with some servers that require a newer version.

The server with the newer version would probably automatically update you to the version that they're running.

Is there any way to remove a radio via script? The only way I can seem to remove the 343 is via the unit's init line...but for my mission I need the ability to remove the radio mid-mission, but all attempts at using removeWeapon "ItemRadio" have failed. Thanks!

I use to call the following function to get an array of radios the unit (_u) has:

private ["_u","_ret"];

_u = _this select 0;
_ret = [];

{
if (getText(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "simulation") == "ItemRadio") then {_ret = _ret + [_x];};
} forEach weapons _u;

_ret

You can then cycle through the returned array and remove the radio(s) using the 'removeWeapon' command.

There used to be a function quite like this in ACRE, but it is/was broken, that's why I used my own ever since.

Cheers,

D.

Use this to get the uniq name of the radio, then delete it as usual :)

acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList

Parameters: None

Example: _ret = [] call acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList;

Return Value: Array

Description: Returns the array of current unique radio ID's that are on the local player.

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

Force ACRE Plugin

How do you force the ACRE TeamSpeak3 Plugin to be running on your server? (how do you make your server detect and force ACRE)

And how do you automate switching channels once entering a game?

Saw this on military-gaming.org but they do not publish their programm :(

Regards

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a bloody tutorial on how to get a server running ACRE from the ground up. I want to use my own TeamSpeak server and my own game server, and want to know what needs to be done for ACRE to be running on the servers. Is there a TS3 server plugin seperate from the client program? Do I use the plugin for both the server and client? Is there something I need to do in the missions I create or the server itself to enable ACRE?

The lack of information on how to actually get your own ACRE thing going seems really lacking, or I'm just not finding it. I want to play with a small community of friends so I'm not interested in bigger dedicated communities.

Even if all I need to do is have all clients connecting running the addon and plugin client side, that's the sort of thing that should be stated up front, instead of leaving it blank.

I've searched the forums, and even googled a number of times, but haven't found anything about how to actually start all of this from the server side. I suspect the answer might be "nothin'" but without any concrete statements that I can find I'm at a bit of a loss, until I get a chance to test it out with folks.

MordeaniisChaos,

the way I do it here is simply to have JayArmALib (incl.jayarma2extension.dll) and ACRE files both on the server and on the clients. Plus, on the clientside, one have to install the teamspeak plugin and voila.

As far as I know, there's nothing more to do.

Hope it helps