US Army RANGERS for CO v2.00
Since I’ve updated the SEAL pack I decided to update my US Rangers pack too, in order to get them ready for supporting SEALs operations.
The addon is a retexture of BI Delta force, that rapresents US Army Ranger operators in five set of different camouflages , giving the units the possibility to operate in all kind of environments.
In this update, you’ll find new combat shirts textures, improved loadouts, new units and specialists, snipers\observers in “ghillie suite”, config improvements, units now have “ranger green” color gear and backpacks, signatures files updated to v2, new replacement files and ACE config updated.
The addon now gives you 20 different operators with their own custom loadout, for each type of camouflage (5 camos), plus 4 snipers\observers wearing their “ghillie suite” for each woodland and desert camos.
There are also 4 fatured groups for every camo type (plus the ghillie ones insede woodland and desert), in order to improve the units placement in the editor.
Hope you’ll enjoy this new version !
You’ll find US Rangers in the editor in the following variants :
I used what I found on web as reference sources.- 75th Ranger(ACU): Rangers in ACU uniforms.
- 75th Ranger(PCU): complete PCU suite for winter\snow\all weather\environment stuations.
- 75th Ranger(Multi): for every environment.
- 75th Ranger(Des): desert and arid environment.
- 75th Ranger(Wod): for temperate and woodland environment.
Installation.- All the models HAVE WORKING WOUND TEXTURES.
- Units are equipped with M4s, and have their own specific loadout.
- Every set of camouflage has a wide variety of roles, 20 different units for each different camo as follow: Sqd LD, TL, med, demo, SAW, MG mk48, AT Javelin, ATM 136,ATM MAAWS, AA, Sniper M110, Sniper M107, Spotter\JTAC, Operator M4, Operator M4GL, Operator CQB, Breacher, Laser Operator M14, Sniper M24, Rifleman Light; plus 2 camo version of "ghillie suite" sniper M110, M107,M24 and Spotter\JTAC (find inside desert and woodland).
- Every type of camouflage has is own set of groups, 4 groups for each camo: Combat Team, Strike Team, Ranger Squad, and Sniper Team; plus 2 sniper groups for "ghillie" snipers version (find inside woodland and desert).
- New "Engineer" ability for the sapper , and all the other units can hide bodies and use explosives.
- Featured content rucksacks , now in “ranger green” color.
- Optional ACE config with ACEX gear available, including ACE "AI talk" module support.
-Custom portraits and editor icons.
-All units have “ranger green” color gear.
-Custom patches for specialists (EOD, JTAC and Medic).
- 5 Replacement files that replace standard BI US delta force models with the ones in your preferred camo (mult, des, wood, pcu, acu) , with WORKING WOUND TEXTURES on the models off course!
-Signatures Files updated to v2
Put the addons in the "mod folder" of your preference, you will find the units in the editor under:
Bluefor – US Army (BIS)- 75th Ranger ... (sorted by different camos)
you'll find groups also under:
Bluefor - US Army (BIS) - 75th Ranger ... (sorted by different camos).
It requires Arma 2 Combined Operations (A2 + OA) to run , because it uses OA models and some A2 weapons.
ACE2 config files Installation.
Just put the ACE2 Optional Config (called "mas_us_seals_ace.pbo") in the modfolder of your preference and you'll see in the editor only the Ranger ACE classes.
This config DO NOT replace original Ranger units, instead it only "hide" them in the editor by setting them as "protected", I did in this way in order to get the maximum compatibility and to avoid changing classnames of the units (for mix makers).
Units and settings are the same as for standard Rangers, but they're all equipped with ACEX gear (Balaclava , Gas Mask and earplugs) and ACEX weapons (spotters have rangefiders and kestrel 4500, demo expert uses ACEX explosives like M18 and C4, CQB units like breacher and CQB operator have tear gas and flash bangs,...) .
Units use "English" if Ace AI Talk is enabled.
Units are placed same way as for vanilla game in the editor:
Bluefor - US Army (BIS) - 75th Ranger... (sorted by different camos)
you'll find groups also under:
Bluefor - US Army (BIS) - 75th Ranger... (sorted by different camos).
Replacement Pack Installation.
You'll find 5 different replacement files, you can use ONLY ONE AT A TIME !!!
Just choose your preferred camo (from the 5 option available), and put the relative replacement in a modfolder, you'll see standard BI Delta Force models replaced by US SEAL's ones, all with working wound textures activated.
Graves characters (light and heavy) are replaced as well ... so you can play the campaign again, with a bit different feeling.
Bugs.v2.00 date 29/Apr/2012
- All units have "ranger green" color equipment.
- Custom patches for JTAC, Medic and Sapper.
- Signatures Files updated to v2.
- Improved normal and ACE configs.
- Fixed "update class" RPT error.
v1.03 date --/SET/2011
- Added full PCU uniform units, with their own class and groups.
- Added full PCU uniform units replacement for BI Delta units.
- Added new "basic" classes : Rifleman and Grenadier, as requested.
- Added new specialist classes : CQB Operator and Breacher.
- Reduced number of units with mixed camos, as requested.
v1.02 date 11/SET/2010
- Reworked Desert DCU textures.
- Small changes for other textures.
- Left a free shoulder for squad xml patch.
- Added custom backpacks in ACE config.
v1.01 date 03/SEP/2010
- Units now are under Bis "US Army" faction.
- ACE config now hide standard Rangers units and groups (NO class name changes for mix makers!).
- Removed Ranger's scrolls and patches , and added custom ones in order to improve realism.
- Added Oackley boots.
- Few textures adjustments.
v1.00 date 01/SEP/2010
- first release
No problems found so far, no RPT errors, tested both in vanilla game, and with ACE2, ACEX running.
ThankYou very much to StalkerGB, without his great Rvmat and support I would never had solved the wound textures issue... thanks a lot mate !!!
Thanks to all the great Arma/BIS community !!!
Download Links to version v. 2.00:
US Army Rangers Operators in ACU
US Army Rangers Operators in Multicam
US Army Rangers Operators in Desert DCU
US Army Rangers Operators in Woodland BDU
US Army Rangers Operators in full PCU suite
More pictures will follow, also new shots and missions for those units are welcome !
Thanks to BI for the great game and to all the community for their great support and addons!
Thanks to all the people that enjoied my previous units and supported me in the forum!
Hope you'll enjoy this new version of my units too!