Sign in to follow this  
pd3

What has happened to LAZA?

I can't seem to find this very useful tool for download anywhere.

I'm really hoping there isn't some kind of shift in community attitude toward editing binarized config files.

I can't seem to find this very useful tool for download anywhere.

I'm really hoping there isn't some kind of shift in community attitude toward editing binarized config files.

Last time i've used LAZA was back in A1 days, mainly because i wasn't able to find a mirror or eliteness. I'd give elite a try, it is up to date and maintained.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mikero-pbodll/wiki/Eliteness

Thank you both for your replies, I'll have to look into both of those.

I've heard about eliteness from other places, but is it able to edit or at least convert config.bin files?

-EDIT-

It seems to me that eliteness doesn't work for some reason, I get a very strange error when I try to run it.

It failed to start because its: "side by side configuration was incorrect".

Whatever that means... :confused:

Edited by Pd3
new info

you need to download eliteness as well as the latest version of pbo.dll (and have that in the same folder).

It failed to start because its: "side by side configuration was incorrect".

That means you are missing this. ;)

and years later this came in handy!! I know I know old post dug up, but wanted to say thanks for having that up davids....I thought I lost that tool flea did back in ArmA 1 days. Especially for resurrecting a mod I did years ago!!!

Wish there was a tool more recent that I can find that does a Cfg break out like this. If anyone knows of a better one for A3 now, please let me know. Until then basically this is working nicely.