Sign in to follow this  
f2f_bho

F2F AV-8B Harrier II Plus/AV8B Night Attack Addon

greyacucopy_4.png

th_HarrierRel.png

th_arma2OA2012-02-0220-06-39-62.png

USMC MAG AV8B Harrier Mod

Description:

This Harrier mod was made to correctly portray the united States Marine Corps AV8B Harriers

- Proper Vtol action - can lift off much like the F-35B, however has a rearward motion so some nose down is required on lift off.

- Working Speed Brake - this action is tied into the aircrafts speed, at present it opens and closes at around 250kph, and remains open during autohover,

and will stay that way until auto hover is turned off.

- Real Unit Aircraft Markup

Future enhancements:

- Utilization of the F2F_ALSS_Loadout sys

- Utilization of GLT missles And Real Air weapons

- Utilization of Mando Missles

- Working Aerial Refueling Probe(WIP),will Hopefully work with Feints Refueling Mod

- Detailed cockpit proxy(More Instrumentation)as my learning curve decreases so will my quaility

- Working FLIR on the Night attack version

Known issues:

-Guages are not set exact, yet ..

-Aiming sight is alittle off

-Have a couple of face issues with geoLOD on both aircraft

-Want the SpeedBrake to be a User action, somehow it got tied into the Autohover sequence.

-Both of these aircraft do not play well with any of the carriers? not sure why, cannot do a rolling takeoff or auto hover without damaging the birds.

Installation:

As always we recommend the use of modfolders to seperate the custom content from the official game content to prevent problems.

This mod requires the following to be true to work correctly:

-ArmA2

-OA v1.60 or higher

-GLT Missile Box

Included .pbo files:

F2F_AV8B_USMC.pbo

F2F_AV8B_Plus.pbo

Warning

This mod is in beta format and is being released in the hopes that once people actually see some of my semi completed work i can get some detailed help on completing the mod properly ....

other than that Enjoy and look for the known issues to be fixed and the other items i would like to have in this mod attached and playable...

Thanks to All the BIS community Members who have given me a hand with this :

the Short list :

Soul Assasian

GalcomT

Wld427

FRL Myke

Unknown

Skynet2018

and all the others sorry if i forgot anyone i will make a full credit list on the actual final version.

Armaholic Download link:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16633

Edited by F2F_BHO

just did my initial test. a few issues:

on the night attack versions...

- the LGB variant has AIM-54 Phoneix missiles on the 4 outermost stores (2 Left, 2 right). as far as i knew the F-14 was the only plane to ever use these?

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view&current=NightAttackPhoenixMissiles.jpg

- on the LGB and CAS versions I get an error "Make not available (requested by 'f2f'_av8b_usmc\data\slimer.tga')

on the Plus versions...

- error on all 3 version "cannot load material file guage pak\guagepack1\glass.rvmat". can barely see what is supposed to be on both MPDs

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view&current=HarrierIIPlusMPDs.jpg

- LGB version has AGM-154s on 4 outpermost stores (2 left, 2 right)...

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view&current=HarrierIIPlusAGM-154.jpg

also, its stated the only required addon is arma 2, yet when i start the game, it says GLT missilebox is required for the addon.

yep as expected has some issues, will adjust .Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

And yes the GLT missleBox is needed my mistake i neglected to add that to the requirment, as it was very late when i typed the description.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

just did my initial test. a few issues:

on the night attack versions...

- the LGB variant has AIM-54 Phoneix missiles on the 4 outermost stores (2 Left, 2 right). as far as i knew the F-14 was the only plane to ever use these?

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view¤t=NightAttackPhoenixMissiles.jpg

- on the LGB and CAS versions I get an error "Make not available (requested by 'f2f'_av8b_usmc\data\slimer.tga')

on the Plus versions...

- error on all 3 version "cannot load material file guage pak\guagepack1\glass.rvmat". can barely see what is supposed to be on both MPDs

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view¤t=HarrierIIPlusMPDs.jpg

- LGB version has AGM-154s on 4 outpermost stores (2 left, 2 right)...

http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/islesfan186/?action=view¤t=HarrierIIPlusAGM-154.jpg

also, its stated the only required addon is arma 2, yet when i start the game, it says GLT missilebox is required for the addon.

on the plus - i was going to use the GLT F-16 guages, but couldn't get them to work, i thought i had removed all instances from the aircraft, but could never find any other reference to them and continued to get the same error, it does'nt affect the model or playability but it is an annoyance, Myke if you see this let me know how i might get rid of this particular error with out destroying the mod.

- as for the stores, the aircraft will be able to load whatever stores are avalible in game, those where my test to ensure GLT was working correctly.

- the slimer is the formation lights and i can fix that on the next beta release.

- the guages will require a bit of tweaking to get them aligned, this issue was addressed in the known issues

-will add some other textures , such as the original VMA 231 texture in final release.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Reminder, this is a Beta so nothing is set in stone as of yet , i have simply decided to release the mod in its present condition to find and fix whatever flaws are present, and to see if others who know more about Arma modding can give me the guidence to finish it up properly ..

Edited by F2F_BHO

Yeah, I think the collision for the speed brake is what's causing your carrier problems. Try removing it and see if that fixes it.

Also, as a player, I'm fine with having the speed brake being an automatic control surface. For example, if using analog inputs on a joystick, when you pull the throttle all the way back, the speed brakes on other aircraft like the A-10 will deploy. That's fine with me and I prefer it work like this. If you use digital inputs for throttle, then the speed brakes will NOT deploy on the vanilla A-10 when you throttle down to zero. I think it was designed to work with people using keyboards vs. joysticks as their throttle inputs. But I'm not certain.

Also, the speed brake deploys automatically during hover on the real Harrier. You can see it retracting when transitioning to forward flight here in this video on how the controls for the Harrier work:

tfbHMxnlbfI

I'm also a fan of reducing the number of addActions in aircraft as much as possible. But that's a personal preference. Keep up the great work!

Edited by Feint

on the plus - i was going to use the GLT F-16 guages, but couldn't get them to work, i thought i had removed all instances from the aircraft, but could never find any other reference to them and continued to get the same error, it does'nt affect the model or playability but it is an annoyance, Myke if you see this let me know how i might get rid of this particular error with out destroying the mod.

Here i am. :D

Looking at the file, i guess there is some remaining glass you didn't delete when removing the gauges. Easiest way to spot them:

- open the "View - Pilot" LOD

- open the "Resources" window (if not already open)

- find the glass.rvmat in "Current LOD -> Materials"

- right-click on the "glass.rvmat" and on the appearing menu click on "select in object"

Now in the LOD the faces should be highlighted which have the glass material assigned. If they are not needed you might just delete them, else change the material file reference for those faces. Once done, the glass.rvmat should disappear from the materails list in the Resources window.

Very well, Thank you Good sir

If you "sir" me once again i will <insert most painful method to remove testicals> you. :D

ouch , hey i need those lol, but i have removed the source of the error message gents, thanks Myke i figured if you tell it to find something in O2 it would find the source in all LODs, Not true, had to go thru every LOD and remove but less painful than having to redo the whole thing....

okay have some light updates to share have been busy in the personal life lately , but getting back to business.

have some Mesh Detail updates that had been bugging me, still have some other issues but these where the easiest to fix so that's where i started.

th_Vent_shell-Meshupdates.jpg

th_MeshUpdates_wingtipgear-Thickness.jpg

th_Meshupdates_Nozzle-Thickness.jpg

Edited by F2F_BHO