Sign in to follow this  
Janez

Crysis 3

Crysis 3 Teaser Trailer:

Crysis 3 Official Announce Gameplay Trailer:

Edited by Janez

Direct X 11 support out of the box confirmed already.

Hope they make multiplayer better and AI less moronic.

I wouldn't count on it - their "final" Crysis 2 patch screwed the singleplayer portion up, and that's the only part worth playing.

and its EA so its gotta be bad. Probably going to have some disc locked content (DLC) some stupid pre order gimmicks, major glitches day 1 and a shoddy PC port.

I don't understand this fascination with implementing inferior weapons as if they were killing tools straight from god.

He has a bow and arrow...

Did a fucking toddler come up with this shit?

I blame myself. If people didn't buy it they'd stop making it. I tried Crysis 2, hated it and then still bought it because I wanted to have the assets available in case I should ever dabble with the Editor/CrySDK. :confused:

some stupid pre order gimmicks

It doesnt have a release date yet, but it already has pre-order bonus DLC. Not that it tells you who to order from to get what content either...

lolEA

Not that it tells you who to order from to get what content either...

lolEA

I'm pretty sure it says it's an Origin preorder. Ah, well, another franchise down the drain.

Aaaaand another cooooonsole port from EA.

I´m not buying this (the first Crysis was fun)

Oh man. It looks even worse than Crysis 2. Tight corridors, 50-100m VD. "Next-gen" consoles gotta pay for them trees.

CryTek should start making games instead of XBox360 techdemos.

I liked Crysis 1 , it wasn't best game or gameplay ,but it was pretty fun to sneak to those KLA soldiers :p

and MP wasn't bad neither - it had BF style gameplay which was pretty fun , more than Crysis 2 Cod style

I guess Crysis 3 will be more or less like 2 , because Crytek likes consoles much

CryTek have gone worse with every game. FarCry 1 was a masterpiece classic, a very rare gem. Crysis 1 was already much worse, but still partly fun as tech-demo. Crysis 2 was junk from start. Not sure what Crysis 3 will be.

CryTek have gone worse with every game. FarCry 1 was a masterpiece classic, a very rare gem. Crysis 1 was already much worse, but still partly fun as tech-demo. Crysis 2 was junk from start. Not sure what Crysis 3 will be.

Eh - Far Cry was a techdemo as well. Surely it was somewhat of a game too at the beginning because you didn't have magical health regen and invisibility button to help you spend more time "looking at teh graphx!1" without silly stuff like shooting bots getting in the way - but after a while it turned into a very dull linear corridor with silly mutants.

Crytek was never good. But you could've benchmarked videocards with their products. Much better than 3D Mark. Which I miss.

I liked very much the AI, sounds, graphics, challening gameplay, enviroment and level design in FarCry 1 (e.g. the carrier feeled revolutionary great). Mutants were silly, but fun, different and challenging. The dark jungle feeled very dangerous with the deadly mutants. Maps were also big and full of little details. Only the ending was over-impossible. In Crysis you were immortal, the jungle was mostly boring. Nothing new to see after demo level. Wherever you went, you couldnt fail. One tree as cover and you could kill 30 enemies without noticing. I didnt find much feeling or interest in Crysis where FarCry 1 felt almost as groundbreaking as OFP (in it´s genre), even I didnt play anywhere as much as OFP. :)

Crysis 1 was interesting because you could play hide&seek with the koreans, the game went seriously downhill when the aliens appeared...

I liked very much the AI, sounds, graphics, challening gameplay, enviroment and level design in FarCry 1 (e.g. the carrier feeled revolutionary great). Mutants were silly, but fun, different and challenging. The dark jungle feeled very dangerous with the deadly mutants. Maps were also big and full of little details. Only the ending was over-impossible. In Crysis you were immortal, the jungle was mostly boring. Nothing new to see after demo level. Wherever you went, you couldnt fail. One tree as cover and you could kill 30 enemies without noticing. I didnt find much feeling or interest in Crysis where FarCry 1 felt almost as groundbreaking as OFP (in it´s genre), even I didnt play anywhere as much as OFP. :)

This 100%!

Farcry really gave me that sense of wonder and I didn't feel trapped in a tiny 50x50m area. Had some very memorable fights and encounters while the Crysis games were utterly forgettable and did indeed feel like tech demos. Funny, I used to believe that seeing games like Farcry meant the future of gaming will only get better and better.... silly me. Hard to believe that game was made 8 years ago and if you had asked me then whether consoles would hold back PC gaming I would have laughed but now it's become apparent that it is indeed our shackling lil brother.

Edited by froggyluv

I had the same feeling - I was waiting the games only to get better after FC. I think Far Cry was one of the last games made with passion, before the most of game culture turned into 100% profit making. We can only hope that the gold-age comes back with next generation consoles if those have some memory this time. :)

I had the same feeling - I was waiting the games only to get better after FC. I think Far Cry was one of the last games made with passion, before the most of game culture turned into 100% profit making. We can only hope that the gold-age comes back with next generation consoles if those have some memory this time. :)

I bet nothing will change. New Halo, more yearly CoDs, another BF, more AssCreeds, another TES and dozens of other "cinematic" action games and EA/CM arcade racers with horse armor DLCs

It isn't like memory is the problem here. 10 years ago PCs had less of it than X360 does today. 10 years old games on PC still offer much more than best games on any modern console. And unfortunately largely PC too.

People buy this stuff, why make something good?