Sign in to follow this  
Janez

Crysis 3

He has a bow and arrow...

Did a fucking toddler come up with this shit?

The story of Crysis 2 has some major "wtf is this horseshit" moments too.

This looks proper boring and rubbish...How many more painfully linear and shiny FPS games can we put up with? I thought Crysis was pants from the start, nowhere near as good as FarCry (1).

And yeah, what the hell is up with the future-bow-and-arrow thing?? They're really trying to push it on that. I've seen a billboard with him holding it. Seriously?? Has he got a cyber-radioactive spear too?

The story of Crysis 2 has some major "wtf is this horseshit" moments too.

Tell me about it. I never understood why Crysis had to include the most piss-poorly designed aliens in it and Crysis 2 expands on that by making the aliens lulz around in dropships as if they have come to set up a country. It is the same thing that ruins Mass Effect 3, if they have come to exterminate, why not JUST use airborne/water-borne disease?

As far as the bow and arrows goes, I feel they have probably looked for some cool gimmick to drag in the masses -- As if a fucking exoskeleton suit that does nothing in gameplay terms wasn't a big enough gimmick.

OMFG, that was sooo full of sh1t. I dreamed they'll take Crysis 1 further into future and make Unreal Tournament alternative (though singleplayer was also good). That would be so awesome... Sadly, this crap is enough to earn sh1tload of money from dumb console kids & lazy grown ups T_T

Do_not_want_cat.jpg

Edited by batto

Way over the Top Lensflares? And they are proud of it? OMG FAIL

Funny how visors in the future don't have polarized glasses like those used today. :rolleyes:

Soldiers are people too, they need to have a cinematic experience.

But how do they know who the good guy is? Or the genre, perhaps?

Now, seriously though. I am getting pissed off how everybody wants to make games more "like movies". If I wanted to see something slide under a truck while shooting guys in the head in slow motion, I'd just watch Shoot 'em Up. Games should stick to their strengths, not their lens flare. :mad:

If I wanted to see something slide under a truck while shooting guys in the head in slow motion, I'd just watch Shoot 'em Up. Games

For some reason that got me wondering what "Crank 3" would like like filmed using the Arma 3 engine.

Edited by jblackrupert

That is a third party team using the Cryengine, not Crytek.

Two things come to my head when I think of Crysis: (1) a huge tech demo and (2) crap load of mods that never seem to get completed.

Some get completed but a lack of promotion, proper install instructions, mirrors and what have you cause them to die.

Then there's a bug thats still in Crysis that causes the game to crash when attempting to join certain servers

which is worse with mods.

Some get completed but a lack of promotion, proper install instructions, mirrors and what have you cause them to die.

That physics seems more like proprietary product for game developers.

Far Cry 1 was okay.

Crysis 1 was great and had a nice MP.

Crysis 2 took a step back in every way. Though with the DX 11 patch the graphics did improve. It was fun for what it was, though it was not nearly as fun as the first.

Crysis 3 looks to be more of the game as 2, though it might be even more lame. "Tech bows"? They're out of ideas.

Let's just see what the fine folk at Crytek have to say about their game: "... a thing to mention also is that linear gameplay is a little more consumer friendly. Whereas sandbox gameplay is a little more hardcore. So we don’t wanna do either or, we wanna make sure that there is something in there for everybody to enjoy." (Read: We want Call of Duty's audience (Shamelessly ripped off from a comment on the site))

PC will have a MASSIVE 16 player MP count....

Thankfully they didn't get any more ambitious in that regard!

Honestly, some of those modes were kinda cool though... Maybe not mind blowing original in all regards, but at least they made some changes.

Hunter mode reminds me of "last man standing" - avsp gold. My friends and I played it alot back in the days, its a fun mission!

The visuals of the game looks good!

The modes are cool, but 16 players?????...

Hunter mode needs to be made for Arma... if it already hasn't.

I wonder how big the maps will be to handle those 16 players.

And The Hidden Source is an awesome game that looks like Hunter mode. Sadly, devs stopped working on it a long ago.