Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crysis 3

Quote Originally Posted by SaOk View Post
    I liked very much the AI, sounds, graphics, challening gameplay, enviroment and level design in FarCry 1 (e.g. the carrier feeled revolutionary great). Mutants were silly, but fun, different and challenging. The dark jungle feeled very dangerous with the deadly mutants. Maps were also big and full of little details. Only the ending was over-impossible. In Crysis you were immortal, the jungle was mostly boring. Nothing new to see after demo level. Wherever you went, you couldnt fail. One tree as cover and you could kill 30 enemies without noticing. I didnt find much feeling or interest in Crysis where FarCry 1 felt almost as groundbreaking as OFP (in it´s genre), even I didnt play anywhere as much as OFP.
    This 100%!

Farcry really gave me that sense of wonder and I didn't feel trapped in a tiny 50x50m area. Had some very memorable fights and encounters while the Crysis games were utterly forgettable and did indeed feel like tech demos. Funny, I used to believe that seeing games like Farcry meant the future of gaming will only get better and better.... silly me. Hard to believe that game was made 8 years ago and if you had asked me then whether consoles would hold back PC gaming I would have laughed but now it's become apparent that it is indeed our shackling lil brother.
    Last edited by froggyluv; Apr 21 2012 at 15:36.
    ~The bearly literate pugilist~
    MP: Black Amish

Spoiler:

I had the same feeling - I was waiting the games only to get better after FC. I think Far Cry was one of the last games made with passion, before the most of game culture turned into 100% profit making. We can only hope that the gold-age comes back with next generation consoles if those have some memory this time.

That summs it up
    Teach the AI how to drive. Give us supression effects for AI. Make AI ragdoll if they get hit. Give us proper animations for throwing Frags. Give us a proper wounding system. Fix the armored vests so that they don´t protect the whole torso. Give us inertia influenced movement depending on the Weapon you have. Make every weapon have a collision model so that players prefer to clean houses with their pistol instead of their heavy MG. Introduce auto lowering of the weapon if it collides with the wall. www.Brigade2010.de

Master Gunnery Sergeant OnlyRazor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
    That summs it up
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lle View Post
    But obviously it's very hard for people these days to make use of BRAIN v1.0.

Quote Originally Posted by SaOk View Post
    I had the same feeling - I was waiting the games only to get better after FC. I think Far Cry was one of the last games made with passion, before the most of game culture turned into 100% profit making. We can only hope that the gold-age comes back with next generation consoles if those have some memory this time.
    I bet nothing will change. New Halo, more yearly CoDs, another BF, more AssCreeds, another TES and dozens of other "cinematic" action games and EA/CM arcade racers with horse armor DLCs
    It isn't like memory is the problem here. 10 years ago PCs had less of it than X360 does today. 10 years old games on PC still offer much more than best games on any modern console. And unfortunately largely PC too.

People buy this stuff, why make something good?
    ArmA2: "Doc, I'm wounded, I can barely aim and I'm bleeding badly, come on pull my body out of the harm's way and treat me before I die!"
    ArmA3: "You are wounded! Click to instantly regenerate health whenever you feel like it!"

Giving 'authenticity' an entirely new meaning, together with Medal of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Prydain View Post
    He has a bow and arrow...

Did a fucking toddler come up with this shit?
    The story of Crysis 2 has some major "wtf is this horseshit" moments too.

(\_/)
    (O.o)copy the bunny into your sig
    ( ><) help him achieve world dominashun

This looks proper boring and rubbish...How many more painfully linear and shiny FPS games can we put up with? I thought Crysis was pants from the start, nowhere near as good as FarCry (1).

And yeah, what the hell is up with the future-bow-and-arrow thing?? They're really trying to push it on that. I've seen a billboard with him holding it. Seriously?? Has he got a cyber-radioactive spear too?

Quote Originally Posted by ziiip View Post
    The story of Crysis 2 has some major "wtf is this horseshit" moments too.
    Tell me about it. I never understood why Crysis had to include the most piss-poorly designed aliens in it and Crysis 2 expands on that by making the aliens lulz around in dropships as if they have come to set up a country. It is the same thing that ruins Mass Effect 3, if they have come to exterminate, why not JUST use airborne/water-borne disease?

As far as the bow and arrows goes, I feel they have probably looked for some cool gimmick to drag in the masses -- As if a fucking exoskeleton suit that does nothing in gameplay terms wasn't a big enough gimmick.

OMFG, that was sooo full of sh1t. I dreamed they'll take Crysis 1 further into future and make Unreal Tournament alternative (though singleplayer was also good). That would be so awesome... Sadly, this crap is enough to earn sh1tload of money from dumb console kids & lazy grown ups T_T

Last edited by batto; Apr 26 2012 at 23:46.

Oh quit yer whining. Crytek is hard at work bringing us the most awesome of awseomest lens flares!!!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/26/cr...C-to-crysis-3/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast