Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.3 released

v4.3 released!!!!

Over 20 sample missions including: Hazar-Kot, Eden, Tigeria, Qom Province, CLAfghan, Lingor, Tora Bora, Podagorsk, Cicada, Takistan, Chernarus, Zargabad, Celle and Utes

A2CO, ACE, CWR missions AVAILABLE!

COOP, TvT, CTI missions AVAILABLE!

Major bug fixes and minor performance improvements

msox.jpg

Get the latest 4.31 Missions AND MSO Code Base

here

Requires CBA

You need

ELITENESS to depbo these missions

Note: We will be regularly patching/fixing the code and missions as feedback comes in, so please check back here for any newer versions.

What's New for v4.3?

Over 150 bug fixes or improvements (see Changelog.txt)

Core

- Fixed NOMAD bug

- Moved init radio messages to player diary

- Time sync no longer set as default

- Fixed issue where caching was running on client

Support

- Fixed CAS

- Fixed CASEVAC

- Fixed Multi Spawn

- Improved recruitment code

- Fixed EOD Loudspeaker for MP and JIP play

- Fixed EOD THOR III issue not appearing on dedicated server

Enemy

- Added AAA sites

- Fixed major bug with Enemy camps

- Improved Enemy camp locations

- Improved compatibility with custom factions and groups

- Added parameters to control enemy types

- Improved Enemy to patrol buildings and towns

- Fixed IEDs spawning near players or at FOBs

- IEDs only spawn once and not again after players leave area

- Added parameter to limit anti-air missile usage by enemy

- Added support for Lingor and Iran forces

Ambience

- Disabled Emergency Services as suspect causing server crashes

- Minor fixes to dogs and shepherds

Missions

- Updated missions to include Patrol Ops 2

- Added ACE mission for Hazar-Kot

Other

- Added Debug Mode for testing modules

Known Issues

- PO2 tasks sometimes throw errors if there is no suitable position/building available

- UAV stops Shift-Click and Alt-Click from working if you do not use the context menu

- Server Crashes with Ambient Emergency Services

- Playing with more than 14 players on default settings can lead to poor peformance (suggest turning off all ambience first, then Terrorist Cells if applicable)

Feedback, issues, bugs

Report any issues here.

What Is MSO?

Multi Session Operations is a modular mission framework. Essentially it is a collection of scripts that create a persistent, living scenario in which the player operates. Unlike regular missions that have pre-scripted objectives, MSO procedurally generates enemy forces that are unpredictable and (semi) random. Players have to think beyond the mere tactical level and build up the intelligence picture, carrying out recce patrols to identify enemy locations and conduct deliberate attacks to neutralise them. Everything is persistent, including equipment, ammo, vehicles and even player lives. MSO is designed specifically for Dedicated Server use.

Recommended Settings / Peformance

Due to the dynamic nature of MSO and its reliance on scripting to generate ambience and dynamic enemy, it can be resource intensive. The default settings are the recommended ones for most maps (although I would recommend All Factions for ambient air if used). If you have a large map with lots of locations (Chernarus) or a large number of players you will want to consider disabling or dialling down ambience or enemy.

If you enable ALL the modules, please do not ask us why it performs so poorly.

Credits

The MSO team would like to welcome VRCRaptor and Dingbat to the test team!

Thanks to:

- MSO development team: Wolffy.au, Tupolov, Ryan, friznit, highhead, WobblyHeadedBob, zorrobyte, HateDread, kieran, Kolmain, and Rommel

- Ryan, Antipop, Rommel, Militant, Scarecrow and Australian Armed Forces (AAF)

- Friznit, Tupolov, DaveP and Volunteer Commando Battalion (VCB)

- Krause, Beta, Sandiford, JollyResq - United Operations (UO)

- Kremator, SCAJolly, Katipo66, vengeance1, VRCRaptor, Dingbat, CebAlmighty, Jayc-astv, 16AA, VCB and AEF clans for testing

- Alef and Sickboy for CBA conversion for A2Free

- Xeno and Mikero for their Mission Builder Script

- Spyder for Object Network Update (ONU), LoyalGuard for ARMA Electrical Grids (AEG), ArmaIIholic and Highhead for World In Conflict (WICT), LurchiDerLurch for AC130 CAS

- Robalo, USMCWall, Muzzleflash, Wobbleyheadedbob, Hatedread, Zonekiller, VoW Widow, Swedge, Lonestar, SBSMac, Prymsuspec, zGuba, Fireball, Nou, Jaynus, Norrin for bits and pieces we got from you

- CWR² team, IceBreakr, Shezan, Commander, Old Bear for making your mods and islands MSO friendly

- Roy86 for Patrol Ops 2 Module

- Enigma for Weather Module

Edited by Tupolov

Excellent .... been waiting for this guys ! Well done. I know that there has been a huge amount of work put into it.

Downloading IMMEDIATELY!

Kudos to the guys who released this one - I had little to do with it, so well done to all. Welcome to all the new team members helping us out with testing, etc/

From what I understand, this release is mainly bugfixes. v4.4 will be all about performance improvements and rearchitecting code in preparation for A3.

This is exciting! Downloading now and thanks for all the hard work can't wait to see Kremator add his great stuff too!

Hi Tupolov, i was playing your mission in Lingor , i take the team leader position at startup, but when i tried to start patrol operation misions it says "only Team Leaders can do that", but i was a Team Leader, what could be wrong?

Hi Tupolov, i was playing your mission in Lingor , i take the team leader position at startup, but when i tried to start patrol operation misions it says "only Team Leaders can do that", but i was a Team Leader, what could be wrong?

Yes, reproduced this. Will post a fix in the next 24 hours. Thanks for the feedback, I suspect it maybe the units used in the linger mission, as this functionality works for other missions.

Getting wierd behaviour with Hellfires fired from a Predator (in CAS mode). You guys had anything strange happen to the guidance ?

Getting wierd behaviour with Hellfires fired from a Predator (in CAS mode). You guys had anything strange happen to the guidance ?

Krem

I personally tested this and it worked fine for me. Can you post a ticket if you can repro? Are you using Mando?

No tup. Thats the wierd thing. It is POSSIBLY associated with lag, but no mando running.

Wasn't even running mods (apart from newest CBA). Will test some more.

No tup. Thats the wierd thing. It is POSSIBLY associated with lag, but no mando running.

Wasn't even running mods (apart from newest CBA). Will test some more.

What was your server FPS? could be related.

Now fixed in v4.31 - released on our Dev-heaven files page.

Hey team,

I tried the CAS Predator again, and have found the same problem. Other missiles (including hellfires from Apaches) work fine and hit the target, but the predator ones have real problems. The FPS was 20-25 on the server and 35ish on my client.

I am running the latest beta, and haven't seen any problems with the 4.1 MSO.

I will re-run the test on 4.1 and do a like for like. It is possible that it is the rest of my mission that is causing it, and that MSO on it's own is fine. If this is the case I will just comment out the CAS.

LOVING the new AirOps.

Hi great mission ....

One thing Ive noticed is that the Trigger men for the IEDs while using EOD mod will sometimes get stuck in the pulling out a weapon animation and keep looping that animation until shot in the foot...

at which point they go prone and will pull the gun but they will never shoot you even if you stand in front of them...

any suggestions ?

Now fixed in v4.31 - released on our Dev-heaven files page.

Great news.......thanks Tupolov!

Okies guys I think it IS something to do with how 4.3 is ...... I tried MSO4.1 predator (its still lurchi's latest) and it is fine. Even at lower FPS the missiles hit. I noticed that with the 4.1 the missiles fly straight to target but in 4.3 it is like they are trying to hit topdown.

Hi great mission ....

One thing Ive noticed is that the Trigger men for the IEDs while using EOD mod will sometimes get stuck in the pulling out a weapon animation and keep looping that animation until shot in the foot...

at which point they go prone and will pull the gun but they will never shoot you even if you stand in front of them...

any suggestions ?

Contact Reezo! ;) Or you can disable EOD in the mission params. TUP_IED gives you similar immersion for IED etc.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

Okies guys I think it IS something to do with how 4.3 is ...... I tried MSO4.1 predator (its still lurchi's latest) and it is fine. Even at lower FPS the missiles hit. I noticed that with the 4.1 the missiles fly straight to target but in 4.3 it is like they are trying to hit topdown.

Dingbat reported that the hellfires were not causing damage (when not using Mando) so we only changed the round used by UAV - switching shell for Hellfire.

OLD > [LDL_logic_object,[0,0,0],_pos,1,"Sh_125_HE",0.1]spawn LDL_hellfire;	
NEW > [LDL_logic_object,[0,0,0],_pos,1,"M_Hellfire_AT",0.1]spawn LDL_hellfire;

Not sure how that changes the guidance?

i have played the previous mso and i loved them usualy blaming bugs on my bad pc or game limitations if there were any :)

but i have a slight problem with extracting the pbo to customise it a bit is there any chance you could upload the version that can be edited as you have previously with one of them i think???

Great job keep going i recently started playing the missions with a few friends and everybody loves it !!!!!

THX a lot for this great mission

i have played the previous mso and i loved them usualy blaming bugs on my bad pc or game limitations if there were any :)

but i have a slight problem with extracting the pbo to customise it a bit is there any chance you could upload the version that can be edited as you have previously with one of them i think???

Great job keep going i recently started playing the missions with a few friends and everybody loves it !!!!!

THX a lot for this great mission

Use eliteness

Use eliteness

i downloaded and finaly figured how it works thx a lot

Edited by short_German

Hey chaps,

Doing more testing. Could you look into ambient choppers (prolly other aircraft too) spawned by TUP_ambientair, as they don't seem to be cleaning themselves with wrecks disappearing after a certain time. Do I have to be far away from them before they go or is it purely based on time?