Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.3 released

Did the ability to set tasks and JIP markers with a radio get removed or changed at all with the latest update?

This would be awesome! I've tried an failed (as I'm not a coder) to get it to work for on-the-fly spawned aircraft/helos but it doesn't work. It SHOULD work if you set up the markers from within MSO.

how exactly did you try to do this ??

i put the transport script stuff in to the mso scripts file but i cant figure where to put the stuff from the int sqf and description ext

do u know how 2 do dat or anyone ealse ??

and i'm not a coder ether so i don't have a clue what you mean by setting up the markers inside mso what i did was put the files together and import the example mission so i have the markers and the files normally this should work but its not so i figured i have to bring the stuff from the int sqf and description ext across

but evry time i do that and then try to load the mission my game crashes and i get an error message

Hi guys wondering if you could help

I would like to reduce the amount of Hellfires on the UAV.

Could you point me to the script which holds the default value ?

I have integrated it without problems into my MSO port. It works well inside MSO.

I have integrated it without problems into my MSO port. It works well inside MSO.

can you please tell me how to cus im lost

yo shorty!

the link above is broken, can yu guide me to an alternative site? I will try to have a look at it, m8!

enjoy!

yo shorty!

the link above is broken, can yu guide me to an alternative site? I will try to have a look at it, m8!

enjoy!

here one should work i know there is the option to also add the requirement 4 a radio to call all of the functions this would fit in nicely with MSO

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15906

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129486-Support-Radio

Without hijacking too much, if you go to my thread I have I implemented what you want short_German. In fact I have my server running my 4.31 MSO version nearly all the time. Join and enjoy!

Howdy,

Just updated two of the maps we use with MSO version 4.31... and now the Patrol Ops does not seem to work anymore. Have tried adjusting the Team Leaders ranks; Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, etc. Even double checked to insure that the appropriate team leaders were on the map... "US_Soldier_SL_EP1" etc. I believe we are using the "M1130_HQ_unfolded_Base_EP1"" as the area to activate the missions on the previous map.

Was something changed in the new version that I am just missing? Though wouldn't be the first time I thought I didn't change a thing but did. Just confusing.

Thanks,

Liam

DISREGARD. Apparently the activation method is not a mouse wheel scroll at the HQ but a self interaction menu item now. All is right with the world now. Thanks anyway.

Edited by Toad Six

DISREGARD. Apparently the activation method is not a mouse wheel scroll at the HQ but a self interaction menu item now.

Hey Liam!

Yeah, sorry! I just looked and found this change was not stated in original release-post! We need to update dat! Also, if yu experience issues with custom unit-addons in 4.31, just be sure that your unit-class is included in po_teamleads array (in enemy/modules/roy_patrolops/main.sqf) - i changed that to rank for 4.4 already, so just ya know!

Enjoy!

Did the ability to set tasks and JIP markers with a radio get removed or changed at all with the latest update?

Just an update, it appears the functionality of this feature was changed with the latest version. I dug around the old changelogs and discovered that previous versions allowed you to set JIP markers and Tasks by pressing ALT-CLICK and SHIFT-ALT-CLICK in the map view, and that is now how it works again (having a radio does not seem to be necessary)

May be worthwhile updating the Manual to reflect this.

My biggest gratitude to all developers!

I was away for a long time and I came here to see if there is something new... and I am truly speechless.

I don't know what you guys did with WICT, or how much of it is in MSO now, but I see my name and I see something is integrated in this magnificent mode/tool.

So I just want to say one and simple thank you!

I am honored.

Welcome back! You have Highhead to thank for almost all that work - he slaved away integrating WICT into MSO and it delivers a truly epic battle when it all gets going. The team is working on performance stuff now - client side ambient civs, CQB and other things - so we can run these huge battle without servers crapping out on us. Latest tests are looking very promising indeed.

Hoping someone can point out what I'm doing wrong. Trying to create a small ACE AAW based v4.31 MSO on Cicada and have respawn_WEST set up in the miltary base on the western side of the main island. I've also added a LAV25 HQ and added the mobile HQ lines to the init. If I choose respawn I will reappear at respawn west but if I deploy the mobile HQ and then sign in, I will respawn at the LAV. If I then pack up the mobile HQ and choose to respawn I end up in the ocean at the bottom right hand corner of the map. I've tried numerous things including what is suggested in the MSO editing guide even though the script they refer to in regard to making sure the faction names match does not exist in this latest version of MSO. (IE a respawn_west at 0,0,0 and a respawn_AAW at the military base.) However doing this just makes every respawn happen in the ocean. I assume I've got the faction name wrong in the marker name as the script in the WHB_Multispawn module seems to append the players faction to "respawn_" and does some sort of switch from respawn west to the faction respawn point. I think this script replaced what is referred in the editing guide. Can anyone either give me some clues as to how to set this up or at least tell me the correct faction name for the AAW units please?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Hoping someone can point out what I'm doing wrong. Trying to create a small ACE AAW based v4.31 MSO on Cicada and have respawn_WEST set up in the miltary base on the western side of the main island. I've also added a LAV25 HQ and added the mobile HQ lines to the init. If I choose respawn I will reappear at respawn west but if I deploy the mobile HQ and then sign in, I will respawn at the LAV. If I then pack up the mobile HQ and choose to respawn I end up in the ocean at the bottom right hand corner of the map. I've tried numerous things including what is suggested in the MSO editing guide even though the script they refer to in regard to making sure the faction names match does not exist in this latest version of MSO. (IE a respawn_west at 0,0,0 and a respawn_AAW at the military base.) However doing this just makes every respawn happen in the ocean. I assume I've got the faction name wrong in the marker name as the script in the WHB_Multispawn module seems to append the players faction to "respawn_" and does some sort of switch from respawn west to the faction respawn point. I think this script replaced what is referred in the editing guide. Can anyone either give me some clues as to how to set this up or at least tell me the correct faction name for the AAW units please?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Stonehouse

Hey m8!

Please use debug-console to check your faction by entering: faction player

Then check back to your mission in editor and be sure you have the marker named respawn_*faction* (without asterix) placed on map at base. For example respawn_BIS_US or respawn_BIS_TK (just an example for takis).

Guidance

Ps: will try to repro it on takistan

Thanks Highhead, both for telling me about the debug console - which I wasn't aware of, I was just using the RPT - and also your tip has fixed my problem, I was AAW in DPCU camo and my faction has ended up being AAW_Inf. Would not have guessed that in a million years.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Thanks Highhead, both for telling me about the debug console - which I wasn't aware of, I was just using the RPT - and also your tip has fixed my problem, I was AAW in DPCU camo and my faction has ended up being AAW_Inf. Would not have guessed that in a million years.

Cheers,

Stonehouse

Ya welcome,

Thx for reporting it, since respawn_west should always work as a failsafe!

Enjoy!

Hello,

First I'd like to thank you guys for your awesome scripting and generally whole MSO mission. Me and my platoon have spent hours of playing it. Second I'd like to ask you if there is a way to get an Unbinarized version of the missions .pbos

Of course only for private use and incorporation of mods which we would like to use. The last thing is, keep up the great work :)

Arth

Pretty sure they're not binarized, though we were using a batch process to put the missions together which may have messed with the pbo's a bit. There should be an unpbo'd base mission folder in the download on DevHev that you can rip apart and play with to your hearts content (will need to add a mission.sqm to it though).

4.4 is coming along nicely. Clientside AI has made a huge difference to performanc, Tup's IED is awesome and HH's CQB is just evil. The team's working on stability and bugs, and experimenting with some PersistentDB stuff in the background which is way beyond me, but early tests have proved amazing.

if there is a way to get an Unbinarized version of the missions .pbos

See the very first post:

You need ELITENESS to depbo these missions

We encourage you to modify and distribute (with credits of course), even submit back to us to include in the releases.