Over 20 sample missions including: Hazar-Kot, Eden
, Tigeria, Qom Province, CLAfghan, Lingor, Tora Bora, Podagorsk, Cicada, Takistan, Chernarus, Zargabad, Celle and Utes
A2CO, ACE, CWR missions AVAILABLE!
COOP, TvT, CTI missions AVAILABLE!
Major bug fixes and minor performance improvements
Get the latest 4.31 Missions AND MSO Code Base here
Note: We will be regularly patching/fixing the code and missions as feedback comes in, so please check back here for any newer versions.
What's New for v4.3?
Over 150 bug fixes or improvements (see Changelog.txt)
- Fixed NOMAD bug
- Moved init radio messages to player diary
- Time sync no longer set as default
- Fixed issue where caching was running on client
- Fixed CAS
- Fixed CASEVAC
- Fixed Multi Spawn
- Improved recruitment code
- Fixed EOD Loudspeaker for MP and JIP play
- Fixed EOD THOR III issue not appearing on dedicated server
- Added AAA sites
- Fixed major bug with Enemy camps
- Improved Enemy camp locations
- Improved compatibility with custom factions and groups
- Added parameters to control enemy types
- Improved Enemy to patrol buildings and towns
- Fixed IEDs spawning near players or at FOBs
- IEDs only spawn once and not again after players leave area
- Added parameter to limit anti-air missile usage by enemy
- Added support for Lingor and Iran forces
- Disabled Emergency Services as suspect causing server crashes
- Minor fixes to dogs and shepherds
- Updated missions to include Patrol Ops 2
- Added ACE mission for Hazar-Kot
- Added Debug Mode for testing modules
- PO2 tasks sometimes throw errors if there is no suitable position/building available
- UAV stops Shift-Click and Alt-Click from working if you do not use the context menu
- Server Crashes with Ambient Emergency Services
- Playing with more than 14 players on default settings can lead to poor peformance (suggest turning off all ambience first, then Terrorist Cells if applicable)
Feedback, issues, bugs
Report any issues here.
What Is MSO?
Multi Session Operations is a modular mission framework. Essentially it is a collection of scripts that create a persistent, living scenario in which the player operates. Unlike regular missions that have pre-scripted objectives, MSO procedurally generates enemy forces that are unpredictable and (semi) random. Players have to think beyond the mere tactical level and build up the intelligence picture, carrying out recce patrols to identify enemy locations and conduct deliberate attacks to neutralise them. Everything is persistent, including equipment, ammo, vehicles and even player lives. MSO is designed specifically for Dedicated Server use.
Recommended Settings / Peformance
Due to the dynamic nature of MSO and its reliance on scripting to generate ambience and dynamic enemy, it can be resource intensive. The default settings are the recommended ones for most maps (although I would recommend All Factions for ambient air if used). If you have a large map with lots of locations (Chernarus) or a large number of players you will want to consider disabling or dialling down ambience or enemy.
If you enable ALL the modules, please do not ask us why it performs so poorly.
The MSO team would like to welcome VRCRaptor and Dingbat to the test team!
- MSO development team: Wolffy.au, Tupolov, Ryan, friznit, highhead, WobblyHeadedBob, zorrobyte, HateDread, kieran, Kolmain, and Rommel
- Ryan, Antipop, Rommel, Militant, Scarecrow and Australian Armed Forces (AAF)
- Friznit, Tupolov, DaveP and Volunteer Commando Battalion (VCB)
- Krause, Beta, Sandiford, JollyResq - United Operations (UO)
- Kremator, SCAJolly, Katipo66, vengeance1, VRCRaptor, Dingbat, CebAlmighty, Jayc-astv, 16AA, VCB and AEF clans for testing
- Alef and Sickboy for CBA conversion for A2Free
- Xeno and Mikero for their Mission Builder Script
- Spyder for Object Network Update (ONU), LoyalGuard for ARMA Electrical Grids (AEG), ArmaIIholic and Highhead for World In Conflict (WICT), LurchiDerLurch for AC130 CAS
- Robalo, USMCWall, Muzzleflash, Wobbleyheadedbob, Hatedread, Zonekiller, VoW Widow, Swedge, Lonestar, SBSMac, Prymsuspec, zGuba, Fireball, Nou, Jaynus, Norrin for bits and pieces we got from you
- CWR² team, IceBreakr, Shezan, Commander, Old Bear for making your mods and islands MSO friendly
- Roy86 for Patrol Ops 2 Module
- Enigma for Weather Module