Sign in to follow this  
TaktiX

What Graphics Card/s are you using for the DEMO?

Hi Guys,

Just interested in what card/s people are using, or considering using, to play this demo?

I'm currently down to a nVidia 9600 GS with 768MB, which is really not gonna cut it, so will be upgrading to a nVidia GTX 275 or GTX 460 shortly, but I'd be interested to see what you're using, and what your experiences of it are. Like if you were using an 8800GTX, is that too slow? If you had a GTX 580, does it allow you to play on dual screens at 1920? Things like that.

(Sorry if someone has covered this topic before, I couldn't find it in searches.)

I am using a ATI HD5850-1Gig. It plays and looks nice if not a bit to foggy in parts, but I think that's the game and nothing to do with my card. I killed post-process and shadows simply because I think it looks much better without.

nVidia 9500GT, 1GB VRAM onboard. Can't run the game with all bells and whistles, but it's enough to get a feel for it. There's a new 500-series nVidia in my near future, though! :D

With some tweaking it's possible to get it running nicely on low end systems. My mobile 5850 2gb runs it beautifully at max with medium shadows. The menu screen is always the slowest bit.

With driver tweaking I've got nice performance out of an AMD e350 - low detail everything but resolution doesn't seem to matter after settings.

I'd love to know what systems the devs run it on :) I may even build a new desktop to run this at ultimate maximum settings :)

ATI HD5750 . I have lowered resolution to 1280x1024, turned off all unnecessary crap simply because that's how I have it in A2 and I like it.

Dual SLi GTX580s, played on 5940x1080 over three monitors.Unfortunately the game doesn't support resolutions over 8:2 very well at the moment so I am left with graphical glitches, bad ones.

I can play it okay on windowed with silly resolutions forced through the settings.xml at the moment though and the game does look great.

Draw distance could maybe be a little higher for my liking, the fog seems to be on a console setting as they don't have the power to probably go much further.

GTX570 OCd version. Works like a DREAM with everything turned up to the MAX!

Well how about that, my nVidia 9600 GS with 768MB DOES seem to be able to cut it. I have it at 1024x768 with low/med settings and it's smooth without any jerking.

I gotta say, I think BI have done a good job at coding this baby so far, if this is anything to go by. I had a GTS 250 /1GB awhile ago, which is more than twice as powerful, and it couldn't handle BF3 on the lowest settings! Also, I'm glad they have made this work with WinXP, not Vista and up only.

Right, back to testing out a few more settings and see if we can crash/find bugs.

(Test rig: Quad 2.33GHz (Q8200), 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD)

I'm using an AMD Sapphire 6970 2GB GDDR5, everything maxed out at 1080p looks great :)

Anyone else getting flashing white guns when its raining?

Sometimes yes, in external carrier view. Also at sunset, the guns glow bright yellow. Strange!

ATI HD5770 @ 1680x1050 works great, just got PostProcess turned down 1 notch !!!

G

Core i7-2600K

16GB RAM

GTX580

I run the game in 1920x1080 and max details without a problem. I just had to change Antialiasing - Mode in my NVIDIA Control Panel to Application-controlled.

I'm using an AMD Sapphire 6970 2GB GDDR5, everything maxed out at 1080p looks great :)

Also using ATI HD6970 - ASUS branded , running @ 2560x1440 with Anisotropic filtering, and everything set to Max. Can jitter a *tad* over islands, but in general is _butter smooth_.

I personally have everything on the highest settings @ 1680 x 1050 on a GTX285 (ZOTAC fact. overclock) w/ AMD Phenom 1050T and 8gb of Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600Mhz, with no noticable issues. Fairly well optimized.

ATI HD5850

My graphics were already beautiful and then I installed all the recommended compatibly win 7 updates ( not security updates) and your nor going to believe this, but my graphics have become even better.

so many gaming graphics, so i will add my :D

OEM Geforce GT545 3GB VRAM, running fine, little slow (25fps), but playable