Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Take on Helicopters

Thanks for this! It is a great news for the TOH players.

yeah , really great. testeing atm. thx for your hard work ace-team.

greetz

momo

Yo Masty :-) Enjoy mate :)

Unbelievablely fast and unexpected. thins is awesome. Thanks to the ace team.

Congratulations on the release; very nice addition to the TKOH community :)

Congratulations on the release; very nice addition to the TKOH community :)

Thanks! Glad to read you awesome guys at BI take interest, stimulate and congratulate your community :)

And big Thanks for making it possible and to include Rearmed :)

Hi. I am finding it tricky to set six updater up for tkoh rearmed. I try follow instructions but I am so unfamiliar with the six interface that not only do I keep ducking it up, but have also made ace 2 in normal arma 2 un runnable

Twsited. It should work 'out of the box' pretty much. Presumably you have Arma 2 CO and Take on Helicopters installed...

The easiest way is to...

• launch Six Updater,
  • let it update itself and then hit the 'Sync with SU Portal' button at the top.
  • Wait for this to finish.
  • On the left hand side you should see a preset called A2 OA:ACE. Click on that.
  • On the top bar click on the drop-down box next to 'profile' and choose 'Take On Helicopters Rearmed CO (forced)'.
  • In the preset on the left some of the mods will be blue, some yellow, some green.
  • No matter right-click on the preset name (A2 OA - ACE) and choose Updater Actions and the Install Update mods from the context menu.
  • When that's done, click on the preset again (important!).
  • Right-click on the preset, choose 'Updater Actions' and then 'Launch the game' from the context menu.

Bob's your granny, all should be well.

To make it easier i've added a preset named "TakeOnH RA - A.C.E.".

It has the Rearmed CO game profile, and all the ACE mods.

Don't forget to enable the Beta checkbox, as that's what contains TOH Rearmed data.

Edited by Sickboy

@jedra thanks very much man. I'll give it a whirl if sickboys new shortcut doesn't work.

@sickboy. thanks very much! bit embaressing i couldnt get it right. will try the built in short cut.

It's important to note that each game should be properly installed, meaning the registry entries for the games are in order.

In case you have Steam editions of games, you might have to start Steam as admin, and then run each game at least once separately through the admin launched Steam Launcher.

Then the registry entries should be in order and detection should work properly. You might have to repeat this every time you do a repair or patch update of a Steam game.

It's important to note that each game should be properly installed, meaning the registry entries for the games are in order.

In case you have Steam editions of games, you might have to start Steam as admin, and then run each game at least once separately through the admin launched Steam Launcher.

Then the registry entries should be in order and detection should work properly. You might have to repeat this every time you do a repair or patch update of a Steam game.

no go. i have sprocket versions of arma2 and oa. TKOH too.

i get these errors now. plus the sixupdater wants to reinstall all the mods i have in my arma2 directory into tkoh directory. thats the opposite of what tkoh rearmed is supposed to be all about.

screenshot418201291457p.jpg

screenshot418201291523p.jpg

andf

clipboard1ln.jpg

@twisted. Yes, by default all the mods would be duplicated that are shared. You can however in the Six Updater options designate a mod folder where you would place ALL of your mods (Arma and ToH). For instance I created a folder called i:\mods and moved all my @modname mods into there from both Arma and ToH. I then told Six Updater to look there for mods in the options.

Just look in the Six Updater options and towards the bottom is a folder dropdown labelled 'mods' - you navigate to your mod folder here.

If you have Hinds DLC, then it gets a bit more complex as it expects to find Hinds there too - there are a couple of ways to deal with this if you have this problem.

@Twisted:

Most errors you mention probably comes from not enabling the Beta checkbox up top.

Check the following link for the info regarding the multiple mod locations etc http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2135483&viewfull=1#post2135483

Please note that support for TOH rearmed is still early, it still requires the official TOH beta (as thats where Rearmed is included atm), perhaps at the next official patch it will be in yet another folder.

We will have to see and feel how we can improve the support and experience.

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Also, to be able to assist you, you should post your take on RPT file, at the very least the last header that shows the takeonh.exe and startup parameters etc.

Edited by Sickboy

How did it turn out Twisted? Were you able to resolved the issue?

How did it turn out Twisted? Were you able to resolved the issue?

hey Sickboy. I still find it a little confusing. for some reason it keeps trying to downlaod the old beta even though i have new beta installed.

but yesterday it did the same thing but it was old beta so i had 2 of the same beta versions. then i got ace2 working and it was a great experience. thanks very much for such a nifty way to solve the mod problem. Cant wait for your streamlined itnerface cause then i think sixupdater will rock (the arma2 launcher by spirited machine is very easy to use and to activate already installed mods using tick boxes. but it isnt as strong as six updater)

thank you very much man. amazing work as always.

hey Sickboy. I still find it a little confusing. for some reason it keeps trying to downlaod the old beta even though i have new beta installed.

but yesterday it did the same thing but it was old beta so i had 2 of the same beta versions. then i got ace2 working and it was a great experience. thanks very much for such a nifty way to solve the mod problem. Cant wait for your streamlined itnerface cause then i think sixupdater will rock (the arma2 launcher by spirited machine is very easy to use and to activate already installed mods using tick boxes. but it isnt as strong as six updater)

thank you very much man. amazing work as always.

Hey thanks for confirmation and kind words. Wilco on the possible SU improvements :)

Glad you have it running and are enjoying :)

The 'double beta' is because in SU the TOH beta is "beta_toh", and the A2 beta is "beta", and the OA beta is "expansion/beta".

Hence SU doesn't recognize "beta" modfolder as TOH beta. You could simply copy the contents of the beta folder to beta_toh.

This can probably be improved in the future.

Oh and the latest toh beta should be on SU as well since a short while :)

Be sure to check-in if you run into any issues re ACE, CBA or SU! We gladly solve them :)

Edited by Sickboy

Wonderful addition, but unfortunately I am getting tons of errors while playing the game using ACE. I used the most recent Sixupdater, put all the modfolders of ACE into the TOH folder (I am not very techsavvy and currently find the unified modfolder solution a bit confusing, especially seeing as I have tons of mods all over the place right now, and using a .bat file to start TOH, and am running hinds which apparently also causes problems), and it took a while to get the game to even start, but it is starting now.

I am calling the most up to date Ace files (bar ACEX_SM) and Arma 2 mods via .bat file currently, all CBA´s, and even then the program complains about files missing. I am currently in the process of taking screenshots and documenting what I am discovering.

Off the bat, though, are missing gamefiles an indication that I have done something wrong? I am not using sixUpdater to start the game, because I don´t know how to make it call all the mods I want from multiple different game folders.

Wonderful addition, but unfortunately I am getting tons of errors while playing the game using ACE. I used the most recent Sixupdater, put all the modfolders of ACE into the TOH folder (I am not very techsavvy and currently find the unified modfolder solution a bit confusing, especially seeing as I have tons of mods all over the place right now, and using a .bat file to start TOH, and am running hinds which apparently also causes problems), and it took a while to get the game to even start, but it is starting now.

I am calling the most up to date Ace files (bar ACEX_SM) and Arma 2 mods via .bat file currently, all CBA´s, and even then the program complains about files missing. I am currently in the process of taking screenshots and documenting what I am discovering.

Off the bat, though, are missing gamefiles an indication that I have done something wrong? I am not using sixUpdater to start the game, because I don´t know how to make it call all the mods I want from multiple different game folders.

i too struggled to figure it out. but thansk to sixboy and pvp i finally got it working.

i use a batch file with the following contenets. runs 95% well.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=@AEK;@RH_MGS;@C1987_G3_V1.0;@l115a3;@C1987_M4_Desert;@UKF;@RH_SMG;@RH_Pistol;@rh_pdw;@SMK;@RH_MK18;@RH_HK416;@RH_M4;@rh_m14;@RH_MGS;@asr_rh_m4_ace;@asr_rh_m14_ace;@asr_rh_smg_ace;@asr_rh_mk18_ace;@asr_rh_mgs_ace;@asr_rh_hk416_ace;@asr_pukf_weapons_ace;@asr_len_l119_ace;@DAC;@fdfisland;@MCN_Aliabad;@MCN_HazarKot;@Clafghan;@GSEP_Zernovo;@ACEX;@ASR_AI;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@JSRS1.4;@ACE;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;Rearmed;Hinds;Samples;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@

hope this helps you in someway. the order of loading is very important. misc addons first. then lands. then ACE. then BIS products which also need a specific order. pvp posted a good link back somewhere.

Edited by twisted

i too struggled to figure it out. but thansk to sixboy and pvp i finally got it working.

i use a batch file with the following contenets. runs 95% well.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\takeonh.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=@AEK;@RH_MGS;@C1987_G3_V1.0;@l115a3;@C1987_M4_Desert;@UKF;@RH_SMG;@RH_Pistol;@rh_pdw;@SMK;@RH_MK18;@RH_HK416;@RH_M4;@rh_m14;@RH_MGS;@asr_rh_m4_ace;@asr_rh_m14_ace;@asr_rh_smg_ace;@asr_rh_mk18_ace;@asr_rh_mgs_ace;@asr_rh_hk416_ace;@asr_pukf_weapons_ace;@asr_len_l119_ace;@DAC;@fdfisland;@MCN_Aliabad;@MCN_HazarKot;@Clafghan;@GSEP_Zernovo;@ACEX;@ASR_AI;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@JSRS1.4;@ACE;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\expansion;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;Rearmed;Hinds;Samples;@CBA_TOH;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@

hope this helps you in someway. the order of loading is very important. misc addons first. then lands. then ACE. then BIS products.

Thanks, I´ll try to sort my stuff this way.

I have run TOH with just the ACE, from the Sixupdater, and uploaded the .rpt here: http://shortText.com/KftmHnO <- I ran the game, entered the Editor, drove around in a couple of tanks and shot at other tanks for a couple of minutes, then left the game again via alt-F4.

And some screenshots showing graphics aberrations that only seem to appear with Ace running here (this a problem with my rig?): http://imgur.com/R3Nc9,phiTN,PNh6D,ZmTcR,ic2qw

I am attempting to use SpiritedMachine's launcher with TOH + Mods.

My games are bought from Steam and own A2, A2OA, Hinds DLC. OA is with ACR Lite DLC. Following the instructions on this thread, i have started Steam as admin and launched each game before launching with mods. I have also verified integrity for each game prior to launching via Steam.

I am following Heliman's instructions for using SpiritedMachines launcher in this post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140180-Bought-TKOH-on-Steam-Can-not-find-a-way-to-patch-it-to-1-6-install-noisecontroller&p=2231022&viewfull=1#post2231022

The game runs mostly fine, but i get the following error messages at launch:

Popup error message before load: Addon 'ace_anims_reload' requires addon 'CAWeapons_BAF'

In-game error message after load: Cannot load texture ca\ui\data\compass_emisive_ca.paa or Error: creating weapon M621 with scope=private

ACR messages also don't show up like usual, and I don't hear explosions when M203 rounds explode near me. I do hear shrapnel pinging around.

Am I missing a folder from A2 or OA that needs to be loaded as a mod so that the lite DLC are included, or are the mods being loaded in the wrong order?

The launcher is doing:

"-mod=@airhead_toh;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@acex_sm;@ace;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion;c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters;noisecontrollers;rearmed;hinds;@cba_toh;@cba;@cba_oa;@cba_a2" -nosplash -noPause -world=empty

I would use SIX but it's not playing nicely, code appears on the screen in-game when i launch TOH with CBA/ACE/beta in SIX.

Would appreciate any help, thanks.

c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

is missing

thanks for your response pvpscene, that didn't seem to work though.

but i managed to get some love using six. problem solved =)

I found with the error messages I was getting while running with a sixupdater shortcut what worked for me in the end was I used sixupdater to download any mods then deleted my TKOH profile in my documents and ran the game through the vanilla exe in the TKOH folder. Once in I manually added the mods I wanted and restarted. ACE doesn't have anymore error messages at all.