Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Take on Helicopters

@jedra thanks very much man. I'll give it a whirl if sickboys new shortcut doesn't work.

@sickboy. thanks very much! bit embaressing i couldnt get it right. will try the built in short cut.

Author of the Thread
    It's important to note that each game should be properly installed, meaning the registry entries for the games are in order.
    In case you have Steam editions of games, you might have to start Steam as admin, and then run each game at least once separately through the admin launched Steam Launcher.
    Then the registry entries should be in order and detection should work properly. You might have to repeat this every time you do a repair or patch update of a Steam game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    It's important to note that each game should be properly installed, meaning the registry entries for the games are in order.
    In case you have Steam editions of games, you might have to start Steam as admin, and then run each game at least once separately through the admin launched Steam Launcher.
    Then the registry entries should be in order and detection should work properly. You might have to repeat this every time you do a repair or patch update of a Steam game.

no go. i have sprocket versions of arma2 and oa. TKOH too.

i get these errors now. plus the sixupdater wants to reinstall all the mods i have in my arma2 directory into tkoh directory. thats the opposite of what tkoh rearmed is supposed to be all about.

andf

@twisted. Yes, by default all the mods would be duplicated that are shared. You can however in the Six Updater options designate a mod folder where you would place ALL of your mods (Arma and ToH). For instance I created a folder called i:\mods and moved all my @modname mods into there from both Arma and ToH. I then told Six Updater to look there for mods in the options.

Just look in the Six Updater options and towards the bottom is a folder dropdown labelled 'mods' - you navigate to your mod folder here.

If you have Hinds DLC, then it gets a bit more complex as it expects to find Hinds there too - there are a couple of ways to deal with this if you have this problem.
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Author of the Thread
    @Twisted:
    Most errors you mention probably comes from not enabling the Beta checkbox up top.

Check the following link for the info regarding the multiple mod locations etc http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...=1#post2135483

Please note that support for TOH rearmed is still early, it still requires the official TOH beta (as thats where Rearmed is included atm), perhaps at the next official patch it will be in yet another folder.
    We will have to see and feel how we can improve the support and experience.

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

Also, to be able to assist you, you should post your take on RPT file, at the very least the last header that shows the takeonh.exe and startup parameters etc.
    Last edited by Sickboy; Apr 18 2012 at 13:09.

Author of the Thread
    How did it turn out Twisted? Were you able to resolved the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Sickboy View Post
    How did it turn out Twisted? Were you able to resolved the issue?
    hey Sickboy. I still find it a little confusing. for some reason it keeps trying to downlaod the old beta even though i have new beta installed.

but yesterday it did the same thing but it was old beta so i had 2 of the same beta versions. then i got ace2 working and it was a great experience. thanks very much for such a nifty way to solve the mod problem. Cant wait for your streamlined itnerface cause then i think sixupdater will rock (the arma2 launcher by spirited machine is very easy to use and to activate already installed mods using tick boxes. but it isnt as strong as six updater)

thank you very much man. amazing work as always.

Author of the Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    hey Sickboy. I still find it a little confusing. for some reason it keeps trying to downlaod the old beta even though i have new beta installed.

but yesterday it did the same thing but it was old beta so i had 2 of the same beta versions. then i got ace2 working and it was a great experience. thanks very much for such a nifty way to solve the mod problem. Cant wait for your streamlined itnerface cause then i think sixupdater will rock (the arma2 launcher by spirited machine is very easy to use and to activate already installed mods using tick boxes. but it isnt as strong as six updater)

thank you very much man. amazing work as always.
    Hey thanks for confirmation and kind words. Wilco on the possible SU improvements
    Glad you have it running and are enjoying

The 'double beta' is because in SU the TOH beta is "beta_toh", and the A2 beta is "beta", and the OA beta is "expansion/beta".
    Hence SU doesn't recognize "beta" modfolder as TOH beta. You could simply copy the contents of the beta folder to beta_toh.
    This can probably be improved in the future.

Oh and the latest toh beta should be on SU as well since a short while

Be sure to check-in if you run into any issues re ACE, CBA or SU! We gladly solve them
    Last edited by Sickboy; Apr 19 2012 at 14:51.

Wonderful addition, but unfortunately I am getting tons of errors while playing the game using ACE. I used the most recent Sixupdater, put all the modfolders of ACE into the TOH folder (I am not very techsavvy and currently find the unified modfolder solution a bit confusing, especially seeing as I have tons of mods all over the place right now, and using a .bat file to start TOH, and am running hinds which apparently also causes problems), and it took a while to get the game to even start, but it is starting now.

I am calling the most up to date Ace files (bar ACEX_SM) and Arma 2 mods via .bat file currently, all CBA´s, and even then the program complains about files missing. I am currently in the process of taking screenshots and documenting what I am discovering.

Off the bat, though, are missing gamefiles an indication that I have done something wrong? I am not using sixUpdater to start the game, because I don´t know how to make it call all the mods I want from multiple different game folders.

Railgun advocate

Encumbrance + Fatigue System basic suggestions: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11030
    Suggestion for improvement in absence of 3D vehicle interiors: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12555
    Request to improve control of vehicle AI: control turning out, weapons and engine on/off: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=13397
    DR style handling of Missile Launcher reloading: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=11075

Quote Originally Posted by InstaGoat View Post
    Wonderful addition, but unfortunately I am getting tons of errors while playing the game using ACE. I used the most recent Sixupdater, put all the modfolders of ACE into the TOH folder (I am not very techsavvy and currently find the unified modfolder solution a bit confusing, especially seeing as I have tons of mods all over the place right now, and using a .bat file to start TOH, and am running hinds which apparently also causes problems), and it took a while to get the game to even start, but it is starting now.

I am calling the most up to date Ace files (bar ACEX_SM) and Arma 2 mods via .bat file currently, all CBA´s, and even then the program complains about files missing. I am currently in the process of taking screenshots and documenting what I am discovering.

Off the bat, though, are missing gamefiles an indication that I have done something wrong? I am not using sixUpdater to start the game, because I don´t know how to make it call all the mods I want from multiple different game folders.
    i too struggled to figure it out. but thansk to sixboy and pvp i finally got it working.

i use a batch file with the following contenets. runs 95% well. Spoiler:

hope this helps you in someway. the order of loading is very important. misc addons first. then lands. then ACE. then BIS products which also need a specific order. pvp posted a good link back somewhere.
    Last edited by twisted; May 17 2012 at 22:45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast