Thread: Forcing a RHIB gunner to fire

Forcing a RHIB gunner to fire

Gday all,

Current problem:

I have an empty RHIB (enbt1) which is filled with Russian troops which I have put in there using this moveInCargo enbt1_1; in init lines (apart from the driver)
    The enemy commander (encomd1) is behind the gun - this moveInTurret [enbt1,[0]];

Mission scenario - At the end of a mission the enemy RHIBs will chase a small boat (b1) firing at it - my problem is it is night time and they arent firing at the boat - Currently a repeating trigger every 15 seconds with:
    encomd Move getPos b1;
    encomd reveal [b1, 1.5];

During the day they fire at the b1 boat no worries but when its dark they dont seem to want to.

I have tried doFire and useweapon but I cant for the life of me get it to work? I have used forced firing before but this is giving me trouble for some reason - I can only think that maybe because he doesnt belong in the boat it needs something different?

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful!

Question NVG???

Quote Originally Posted by Zodd View Post
    Gday all,

Current problem:

I have an empty RHIB (enbt1) which is filled with Russian troops which I have put in there using this moveInCargo enbt1_1; in init lines (apart from the driver)
    The enemy commander (encomd1) is behind the gun - this moveInTurret [enbt1,[0]];

Mission scenario - At the end of a mission the enemy RHIBs will chase a small boat (b1) firing at it - my problem is it is night time and they arent firing at the boat - Currently a repeating trigger every 15 seconds with:
    encomd Move getPos b1;
    encomd reveal [b1, 1.5];

During the day they fire at the b1 boat no worries but when its dark they dont seem to want to.

I have tried doFire and useweapon but I cant for the life of me get it to work? I have used forced firing before but this is giving me trouble for some reason - I can only think that maybe because he doesnt belong in the boat it needs something different?

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful!
    Does your comander have NVG's????