OMAC

OMAC Mission Pack 1

Version 1.7 released.

Hey OMAC, I gave Misty Mountain Hop a quick test by myself. First of all, you should give lessons on how to write an intriguing briefing. It surely made me motivated towards the mission!

The MP slots screen provides 5 playable slots. Two for the sniper team and three for the BMP crew. I selected the Sniper slot. I tried Teamswitching to the BMP crew but it didn't let me. I made my way to the UN outpost and shortly got killed by the attacking Spetznaz team.

I wonder, even if teamswitching works, what does the BMP crew suppose to do in this mission?

Thanks for the kind words about the briefing! :)

Have you made it to the CDF BMP at the exfiltration point yet? I don't want to spoil anything for you. Believe me, you will NEED to take full control of the BMP later, and making it playable was the easiest way I could think of at the time ! I could have placed it empty, however, with the crew standing beside it, and therefore making the crew themselves playable may not be necessary. Let me know what you think after you get through the mission, and if the switchable crew creates problems for you in MP. Beware, things will get quite hot! :eek:

It's actually good that you weren't allowed to teamswitch to the crew in the first part of the mission. You wouldn't want to anyway until later. I will make tests to see if I can avoid the playable crew.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Version 1.8 posted, playable BMP crew removed. Thanks for the suggestion, Variable! :)

Edited by OMAC

00c979507030888.jpg

Assault on Shapur e-Dalanper

Theater of Battle: Shapur

[sP, MP up to 4 players]

As an SAS Lieutenant commanding a FV510 Warrior 2 mechanized infantry section, gain control of the Shapur e-Dalanper oil refinery and find Colonel Aziz. A variation on the theme of the British Armed Forces (BAF) Payback scenario. BAF required.

----------------------------

Now part of the mission pack, version 1.9.

7c4952201449141.jpg

Edited by OMAC

Hey OMAC, I just gave misty mountain hop a try.

So I got to the part where I was heading towards the final objective but another task appear to hunt for some Chedakis. I was searching for them through the BMP by heading around to the forest hoping to ambush them around the back. Unfortunately, we couldn't find them so I went off a bit far and the mission ended itself with a partial complete and that the Chedakis got away. How do I deal with this part? Couldn't find the Chedakis and didn't know that the mission end trigger was close at hand for a partial completion that I "fled the area".

Hi Phantom Six,

Thanks for playing! :)

Try playing again from the autosave that occurs when you've boarded the BMP. The incoming message from HQ states that the Chedakis are heading toward your location, in other words, they are on the move, responding to the combat between you and the Spetsnaz teams. Also, some of them can hear your BMP moving along the road. The ChDKZ BMP's starting position is marked on your map, but don't expect it to be there for long. If you want to find and engage the ChDKZ, don't move away from your current position too much, especially to the south. I don't want to give you any hints. If you still can't find them, post back and I will give you more info.

I've got a few problems with Devil's Castle. One, my second team mate wont respond to any commands. He just stands there out in the open, wont move, wont regroup, wont change stance, etc.

Second, I've reached the enemy HQ camp and planted a satchel near the table and chairs and detonated, but the "Destroy enemy HQ with a satchel" objective doesn't get checked. I thought maybe it meant to blow up the APC under the camo netting instead, so I reloaded from a previous save and planted the satchel near the APC, detonated it and destroyed the APC but still it doesn't acknowledge the objective as being completed.

Anyone else had these problems? Very frustrating.

Cyberide, I'm sorry that you are having these frustrations. I don't know what is going on with the teammate not responding. I'll check that out. For the HQ:

The Destroy HQ task will trigger when the vehicle and all the enemy soldiers are toast (don't worry about the table and tents). It may take more than one satchel to blow the vehicle, but usually not. If your team only took one satchel from the castle, you can try using grenades against the vehicle to finish the job. If there is a soldier or crewman lurking around, the task won't complete. Be very watchful that one of the enemy men doesn't escape the area!

OMAC, we played Assault on Shapur e-Dalanper yesterday on the CiA coop dedicated server:

We managed to take out Aziz but "Find Aziz Aziz" objective didn't tick. As for the intel search - each of us managed to search the body and saw the objective complete message but it was local to each of the players and the objective didn't tick as well. oh and which base we need to guard? I suppose the enemy one we took out? a map hyperlink will help here...

Nice action though! Thanks for the mission.

Hi Variable, thanks for playing and reporting as usual!

For the final "Guard base" objective, the map marker is the same as for the first "Assault Base" objective. Since the same marker is used for both, when the icon is highlighted for the Guard objective, it is a slightly more washed-out shade of orange/gold and is thus a little harder to see when the Guard objective is active. In the map, display the tasks as select "Guard" as active, and look at the icon at the base, and then compare with how it looks for the "Assault" objective. I could make it clearer by naming the task "Guard Military Base," but the marker should give enough info as is.

All the Aziz triggers and tasks work in SP, and in MP when I play with 3 AI squadmates. Aziz would have to be detected by BLUFOR (objective 3) if you went close enough to him to collect the intel (objective 4). So I will make some tests here to see what is going on. All the MP task 3 and 4 succeeded/assigned statements look ok.

Here is a stripped-down version of the mission that you and your buddies could try. It is much, much shorter and easier. You could see if all tasks will complete normally.

http://tinyurl.com/czrrtvh

Edited by OMAC

Version 1.10 released.

Thanks for the update! There are two "Fight to the sea" files. Which one to use?

"Fight to the Sea 2" was added in version 1.4 (see changelog). That mission uses the woodland Bradley reskin mod. The regular (first) version of the mission needs no mods, and thus provides the normal desert-skinned Bradley from OA.

Version 1.11 released with changes to Misty Mountain Hop mission.

Thanks OMAC! You might want to start using underscores instead of spaces to avoid the % signs in your mission files.

%20's removed in next release!

Just played Devil's Castle with Maverick today

We manage to get the intel, kill the colonel, but when we got to the HQ place we have to destroy. Maverick satchel charged the BMP and took it out, and I blew up the ammo crate (which didn't die at a point blank explosion). The objective didn't tick for that one. So I circled around the hill after Maverick died and went to the extraction. Even though I haven't completed all objectives, the extraction ticked anyways. Did I mis something? We happen to blow everything up that was there except for the ammobox that survived a point blank explosion.

Phantom 6:

All you have to do at the HQ is destroy the BMP (make sure it is really blown - use 2 satchels to make sure). Don't worry about the crate and other objects. I haven't played that one for a while, but I don't think the extraction will occur unless the HQ has been destroyed, the area secured, and something else which is in the briefing notes. I'll check again, but I think all triggers are ok. Read the briefing notes carefully if you haven't already.

Edited by OMAC

Hmm, strange. Maverick told me that the BMP was completely blown up. We just didn't get a tick on the destroy the HQ part but I got a tick on the extraction. A helo is suppose to come right? I usually don't read briefings too much sometimes when I play with mav, he just click start too fast for me to have time to read :(

You can read the notes yourself at any time by going to the map screen. If you reach the extraction point, the task will trigger (and is independent of blowing the HQ), but the chopper won't come unless you have blown the HQ and the "something else" in the diary notes. The mission won't end with success until you have boarded the chopper and taken off.

Edited by OMAC

3e6cc8507030886.jpg  e30455507030875.jpg

Northern Insurgency

Theater of Battle: Bukovina

[sP, MP up to 5 players]

Your Czech Army quick reaction force must wrest the Bukovina area from the menacing grip of a hearty, home-grown separatist insurgency. ACR required.

----------------------------

Now part of the mission pack, version 1.12.

a8255b218440300.jpg

Troubleshooting note: if civilians appear "stuck" and do not move, suspend and restart mission to get them going again.

Edited by OMAC

There doesn't seem to be a download for "Northern Insurgency".

Perhaps you should put this in the first page of your thread with the download?

I want to try it out.

EDIT:

Whoops!! My bad. I found it.

Edited by Kommiekat

Version 1.13 of mission pack posted today! Enjoy.

Played northern insurgency yesterday on CiA coop night. Nice atmospheric mission! The mission briefing is one of your best so far. You should write, and I mean books.

Three bugs:

1. When I searched the body of the leader of the first team that we encountered I was the only one who saw the message (side channel) with the dialog with HQ. All the other correspondences were viewed by all players.

2. When we reached the airport we were supposed to meet the mayor inside the control tower but it was empty. There was a guy with a suit and a couple more civilians standing by him just outside of it, but nothing happened when we approached them (no action menu item too). Actually I remember seeing and hearing a HAHAHA message when the friendly Czech team joined my team, maybe it was supposed to be said by the mayor when we meet him in the control tower? The czech fighters joined us when we were very close to the civilians and the guy with the suit.

3. We waited for the enemy armour to attack but they didn't arrive (maybe a condition for them to come is the meeting with the mayor, and that never "happened").

Tested on a windows dedicated server.

Waiting for your CWR2 coop pack! :)

Edited by Variable