OMAC

OMAC Mission Pack 1

Yep, I have considered adding a chopper landing. And you are correct that the green smoke is not required for the end trigger, it was just a nice (and easy) touch for the diary notes.

That's a good enough reason! Good job on your briefings by the way.

About the M249 ammo, I figured the smaller clips would be more realistic for a SpecOps mission as they are lighter to carry. Do you think it would be better to have the 200Rnd_556x45_M249 ammo also available?

No! I think you made a great choice by providing only the small clips. As I wrote in my previous post it forces you to conserve your ammo and use your MG in short bursts. I like missions that forces the player to think about his ammo count constantly, it's one of the immersion factors!

Just gave "Retaliation" a quick try. Again kudos for the immersive briefing.

The mission has seven slots, and not four as your opening post indicates. Where's the mistake? In the post or in the mission?

The MP aspect is set up for only 4 players, but several more men are playable (they can be team switched to). But those guys are not set up in terms of the briefings and objectives. I did that simply because the AI driving is so maddening that I wanted to be able to temporarily switch to those guys so that I could drive somewhere in a reasonable amount of time.

Do those positions come up in the MP loading screen so that people can play them? Probably so, and that is not what I really intended. I have only played it in SP. It's not a big deal to get rid of those other 2-3 playable guys. What do you think?

I also don't know how gameplay will be during the UAV operations. Can people other than the operator see the b/w UAV camera like the operator? If not, it could be extremely boring for the non-operators.

Do those positions come up in the MP loading screen so that people can play them?

Yes, they do.

I have only played it in SP. It's not a big deal to get rid of those other 2-3 playable guys. What do you think?

It's hard for me to say, because I didn't play through the entire mission, but it seems to me that it can take 7 players. So you might want just to change the description of the mission to seven players instead of just four and you are good to go (maybe one additional touch - in the MP slots screen two slots show as number 6, instead of 6 and 7. No biggy...).

I also don't know how gameplay will be during the UAV operations. Can people other than the operator see the b/w UAV camera like the operator? If not, it could be extremely boring for the non-operators.

I don't think so, becuae while the UAV operator is searching for targets, the other team can move on the next targets. By the time the UAV is out of missiles, it can turn to an obervation drone, guiding the others to their targets and providing recon.

Edited by Variable

I updated the Mission Pack to v1.1 today. See changelog in first post.

For Retaliation, I removed one playable soldier, so there are a total of 6 available player slots for MP. The last two slots are a HMMWVV crew (driver/gunner), and thus are both numbered 5 (I cannot change that). Those slots are not set up in terms of briefing and tasks, and are just extras in case you want to switch to them temporarily.

Thanks for your input, Variable! :)

Edited by OMAC

Thanks for the update OMAC. We gave Fight to the Sea a try last night (still with the previous version). We got wiped out and that's ok, but one thing stands out -

The friendly little base, where the Bradley is stationed at, is being overwatched by a Matis gunner from a very long range. It's virtually impossible to detect him before getting into the Bradley and in two attempts we made (and another SP attempt I did), That Matis destroyed the Bradley. It feels a bit unfair :).

Was that designed on purpose?

Not totally on purpose, but....

The notes state that there is an enemy garrison with AT capability in Polana - so beware. That intel should elicit careful map examination of terrain and exposure of the field HQ and surrounding region, including Polana, which is closer than you think. As you found, your squad won't be able to detect him or take him out from afar. The fact that you have found out about the Metis (the hard way) is key, and that knowledge will now allow you to estimate his probable position, and plan your infiltration route accordingly. You won't have problems with the Metis gunner depending on what route you take towards Polana, and the field HQ itself is safe.

I didn't design the Metis gunner to overwatch the field HQ, but only to guard an approach to Polana. He never gave me any trouble at long range until I started experimenting with alternate routes to Polana.

Edited by OMAC

Fair enough :). Will take better care and preparation next time!

But I know exactly what you mean...

It is quite unfair when the Metis nails you from out of nowhere, and in a way it's a A2 bug with regard to AI seeing/shooting through vegetation....:( When you finally find his position and kill him you will see what I mean.

The Devil's Castle mission has been updated today (see changelog in first post). Mission pack is now at version 1.2.

The Devil's Castle mission has been updated today (see changelog in first post). Mission pack is now at version 1.2.

Thanks! Updating! Armaholic informed! :)

The Devil's Castle mission has been updated today (see changelog in first post). Mission pack is now at version 1.3.

The Devil's Castle mission has been updated today (see changelog in first post). Mission pack is now at version 1.3.

That's a reason to play it again! Updated on the Comrades in Arms coop server!

Hi Variable,

Well, it's actually at 1.4 now.... Have fun! :)

You'll see that I followed your suggestion to add the chopper evac and required smoke to Devil's Castle! ;) Let me know if you encounter any bugs or other problems.

Cheers,

OMAC

Yeah I know, but since our server don't use the woodland bradley addon, I didn't use your 1.4 update.

We played Retaliation last night, good fun!

We spotted the mobile HQ, followed it to its base and took them all out with the Predator hellfires, the bradley fire (was it supposed to be unlocked?! :)) and the Humvee AGS grenades.

However, we were left with a single objective, I think it's called "eliminate the raiders". We moved to the FOB that was wiped out, scan many areas, but couldn't find any more Chedaki... Maybe we missed some guys at the HQ? But then again, the HQ objective WAS ticked.

Thanks again for the great missions!

Edited by Variable

Thanks for playing and reporting!

You wrote Bradley. Do you mean the LAV-25 at Bor? At first it was locked, but then I unlocked it, as it fun to use; I love that chain gun!

I've had weirdness with the "eliminate the raiders" objective as well, but it usually seems to work ok. If you waste the Ural carrying the raiders when most or all of the men have disembarked, the men will disperse and travel on foot to the regional HQ, and it will be difficult to eliminate all of them. Nailing the Ural with a Hellfire when all the men are on board is the way to go. :) But as the raiding party has multiple vehicles based on whether they survived the intro battle at Pulkovo, and mounted men who disperse, sometimes the trigger for eliminating all of them gets hung up, as the trigger is more complex than usual.

Yeah, I meant the LAV... :j:.

I guess we missed some foot mobiles alright.

But now that you mention it, we didn't have any intro at all!

No? Shouldn't intros work in MP? Try it in SP.

Intros should work in MP. You can see Vanha's MP missions, most of them include Intros and Outros. I didn't try this mission in SP. I guess it's safe to assume that the problem with the intro is only in MP.

I'm looking into it. It seems this may be a little complicated....

It looks like the complex intro is not suitable to be moved into the mission area with any degree of ease whatsoever so that it will work in MP. I revised Retaliation to work more seamlessly in MP (but no intro - play the mission in SP if you'd like to check it out). You will see the full raiding party, and a new trigger has been made for MP when you wipe it out. I'll upload the new version soon. Thanks again for reporting! :)

Version 1.5 with modified Retaliation mission posted.

635382507030883.jpg

Misty Mountain Hop

Theater of Battle: Chernarus

[sP, MP up to 2 players]

As a Delta Force sniper team, protect U.N. personnel from Spetsnaz hit squads in the misty mountain forests of ChDKZ-infested northern Chernarus. PMC is required for the M8 Sharpshooter rifle.

----------------------------

Now part of the mission pack, version 1.6+.

Edited by OMAC

Can't wait to upload it when I get back home on Wednesday!

Thanks OMAC!

Have fun with the M8 Sharpshooter! :cool:

Edited by OMAC