Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: OMAC Mission Pack 1

OMAC Mission Pack 1

Here are ten missions for ArmA II Combined Operations. These are the first missions I've released, and represent the fruits of much research and editing time. I have introduced as much randomization as possible in order to maximize replay value. Hopefully you will enjoy playing them. I would appreciate any bug reports and suggestions. If real bugs are found, I will fix them and re-post.

To install, place the pbos in the Missions folder in your ArmA 2 root install directory.

Version 1.21, updated May 27, 2013:

DOWNLOAD

changelog:
    Spoiler:

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Retaliation

Theater of Battle: Chernarus

[SP, MP up to 4 players with two additional slots (position 5) available for team switching to HMMWV crew]

ChDKZ insurgents have just destroyed a U.S. forward operating base. Use a Predator UAV, HMMWVs armed with TOW missiles and Mk 19 grenade launchers, or an LAV-25 armored car with a M242 Bushmaster 25mm chain gun to hunt down and destroy the raiders, their mobile HQ, and their regional base.

In SP, this mission has an intro cutscene that shows the attack on the FOB. The outcome of the intro is passed to the mission itself if the intro is allowed to play through completely.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

The Devil's Castle

[SP, MP up to 3 players]

You and your SpecOps sniper team must stop the Russian colonel and his elite security detail from relaying intercepted U.S. battle plans to his command. Then proceed through the dark forests of northern Chernarus and destroy the Russian field HQ.

Fight To The Sea

[SP, MP up to 4 players]

Inserted deep into the Black Forest, your anti-tank fireteam must stop an advancing Russian armored detachment and then use a Bradley AFV to fight your way to the sea through a cordon of enemy mechanized infantry and T-90 main battle tanks.

Mission Pack v1.4 adds a version of this mission ("Fight To The Sea 2") which requires the woodland-skinned Bradley addon created by ThePieSpy and BigMorgan (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13136).

Darbang Pass

Theater of Battle: Takistan

[SP]

Using your Tunguska, stop the advancing imperialist armored column from reaching Darbang Pass and threatening Russian forces to the south.

Although not required, you may want to use PvPscene's excellent addon which allows distant vehicles to be seen. Increasing your view distance will also help.

Armor Hunt

Theater of Battle: Faffindale, North Yorkshire

[SP]

Lead a joint forces armored detachment into battle to stop a powerful column of enemy armor and mechanized infantry from reaching an airfield deep in the Yorkshire Dales.

This simple mission requires the Faffindale terrain which is fantastic for armored combat due to the undulating carbonate reef knolls.

Required:
    1. ACR DLC
    2. BAF DLC
    3. woodland-skinned Bradley addon created by ThePieSpy and BigMorgan (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13136).
    4. Faffindale terrain by Bushlurker

Although not required, you may want to use PvPscene's excellent addon which allows distant vehicles to be seen. Increasing your view distance will also help.

Gameplay from an early version of the mission is shown in the video below, but I would recommend NOT viewing it until you have played the mission.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by OMAC; Jul 5 2013 at 01:12. Reason: v1.21 ArmaHolic link added

And what did you do in the afternoon after the mornings work? ;-)

I will be playing these tonight and tomorrow once I have landed a Hind 5 times in a row with crashing in ToH.....
    Jedra's Addons
    Arma 2 : Enhanced Skills Slider
    Take On Helicopters : Take On Taxi | Jedra's Time Trials | Weapon Indicators | No Radar

Author of the Thread
    Yes, now I have to get my life back, and resume practicing Hinds landings........

But wait.....

What about Carrier Command? The Play & Contribute Supporter thingy is lurking out there, ominously, ready to absorb more of my life. My clicking finger is twitching, twitching, ready to click on Sprocket.... Can I resist?????

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

We have also added this release to your personal author profile
    If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :
    Spoiler:

e-mail:

Uploading to the CiA coop server!
    Thank you OMAC!

Author of the Thread
    Hi Blondak,

Much appreciated! I'm at the 10 image limit in the post now, so I added the text-only link.

Cheers, and thanks,
    OMAC

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Variable View Post
    Uploading to the CiA coop server!
    Thank you OMAC!
    Enjoy, Variable!

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Thinking about MP, I think that with all human players instead of AI teammates, the missions might be too easy. I don't know.

I didn't design the missions for maximum pain (e.g. Trial By Fire)...
    Last edited by OMAC; Apr 15 2012 at 01:57.

I think it might be a good idea to have a 'quick start' version of Retaliation (maybe with a random outcome of the FOB attack). I have started it a few times today and the cut scene can last quite a long time - probably a bit too long to wait for the mission to start. Great idea though and it's definitely worth playing through once with the cutscene.

Like it so far though!

Author of the Thread
    Thanks for playing. You have no idea how much time it took messing around with that cutscene to get it to work. It can take a long time, but usually it's cool to see what different things take place. You are correct that I should add a quickstart version, but I don't think I know how to do that...

Adding a different camera view angle sometime in the middle would be good, too....

Quote Originally Posted by OMAC View Post
    Thanks for playing. You have no idea how much time it took messing around with that cutscene to get it to work. It can take a long time, but usually it's cool to see what different things take place. You are correct that I should add a quickstart version, but I don't think I know how to do that...

Adding a different camera view angle sometime in the middle would be good, too....
    No, I know pretty much how much work that would have been which is why everyone should be made to watch it at least once!! One of the longest sequences was due to the fact the ChDKZ guys all got injured and belly-crawled all the way over to the other side of the screen, to the waiting truck. Then, when two of them managed to get in, the truck then reversed over the rest of the guys!!! Got to love that AI driving! It made me laugh and I wish I had FRAPS going!

If you want to be real clever with it - perhaps let the user control the camera. I think it would have felt better if I could have zoomed in on the action and panned around a bit. I myself gave up on cutscenes after spending a week building one for an aborted campaign, so I am not sure how hard this would be - there's got to be a script out there somewhere surely?

Played Darbang Pass a little tonight but kept getting totalled before I had seen any enemy - I was tired by then though so will have another go tomorrow and think of a new plan. My mistake I think was to drive straight to your suggested defense point - I thought that was a little too good to be true!

Author of the Thread
    The user can can control the camera?????????? Whoa. I've got to find out how to make that happen.

Yes, the AI driving is mind-boggling. And the crawling, injured insurgents can be time consuming. What really annoyed me also is a modelling issue with the LAV-25 (HQ), which makes it very hard for AI to hit with rockets, especially after 1.61 beta fixes.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29310

For Darbang Pass, I do drive to the defense point and work from there. You can do it! PvPscene's addon really helps to see the convoy coming down the pass from afar. Without it, you can sometimes only see the distant approaching vehicles by their exhaust and dust - that is a longstanding A2/OA issue. But attacking them from that far away isn't a good idea anyway. Use the terrain to your advantage. You will need it. Hint: completely destroy the US vehicles - don't just leave them damaged.
    Last edited by OMAC; Apr 16 2012 at 04:35.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast