OMAC

OMAC Mission Pack 1

Here are ten missions for ArmA II Combined Operations. These are the first missions I've released, and represent the fruits of much research and editing time. I have introduced as much randomization as possible in order to maximize replay value. Hopefully you will enjoy playing them. I would appreciate any bug reports and suggestions. If real bugs are found, I will fix them and re-post.

To install, place the pbos in the Missions folder in your ArmA 2 root install directory.

Version 1.21, updated May 27, 2013:

DOWNLOAD

changelog:

Spoiler

version 1.21:
Significant changes to Northern Insurgency mission. GetDammage replaced by canMove/canFire for enemy tanks at airport. Minimum rank of Razor Squad members is now Lieutenant. Field base and Governor cannot be found until Investigate Lost Patrol task has completed. BMP (HQ) replaced by BRDM in occupied village. Entire group must be at base for RTB task to complete.

version 1.20:
Significant changes to Northern Insurgency mission. Increased all OPFOR skill. Disabled player movement during dialog with airport administrator in control tower. Added saveGame near end. Minor changes to task descriptions.

version 1.19:
Significant changes to Retaliation intro, briefing, and mission. Intro will now end more quickly and reliably. Added flyinHeight and disableai "AUTOTARGET" to UAV init. Woodland camo (USMC) structures now used throughout. Significant changes to Misty Mountain Hop mission. UN M113 will now travel at limited speed during most of trip to Lysina mountain. Added more challenges and ambient sounds in forest. ForceEnd added for END#3 (exit area without eliminating ChDKZ force). Added credits to both missions.

version 1.18:
Added task destination to final Destroy task of Misty Mountain Hop mission, and several other changes. Changed overview text of Fight To The Sea 2 mission to indicate required Bradley reskin mod.

version 1.17:
Mod requirement for Fight To The Sea mission removed. Fight To The Sea 2 mission re-added, updated with changes from v1.16.

version 1.16:
Revised Fight To The Sea mission, changing "Secure the HQ" task completion requirements, adding Opfor units with variable probability of presence, and preventing premature engagement by Opfor units in Polana using "disableai AUTOTARGET".

version 1.15:
Armor Hunt mission enhanced with new briefing, FV510 Warrior 2, Pandur II AFV, Javelin, and additional Opfor units. All units now with woodland camo. Fight To The Sea mission revised to require woodland-skinned Bradley addon. Fight To The Sea 2 mission removed.

version 1.14:
Various changes to Northern Insurgency mission. Sidechat with HQ after first skirmish should be "heard" (seen) by all players in MP. Talk with Governor task cannot complete unless airport has been secured.

version 1.13:
Various changes to Northern Insurgency mission.

version 1.12:
Added Northern Insurgency mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133457-OMAC-Mission-Pack-1&p=2248372&viewfull=1#post2248372). Spruced up Armor Hunt mission with task, taskhints, and music at ending. Added invisible helipad to evac site in Devil's Castle mission. Removed "%20" from names of mission pbos.

version 1.11:
For Misty Mountain Hop mission, made initial briefing screen weapon selection dependent on prior mission completion, modified HQ sidechat and related task description, and added additional environment trigger.

version 1.10:
Minor changes to task descriptions and taskhints, Assault on Shapur e-Dalanper mission.

version 1.9:
Added Assault on Shapur e-Dalanper mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133457-OMAC-Mission-Pack-1&p=2188403&viewfull=1#post2188403).

version 1.8:
Removed playable BMP crew in Misty Mountain Hop mission, resulting in only two MP player slots. Changed tone mapping to Maruk's Reinhard [0.9, 0].

version 1.7:
Minor debriefing and waypoint changes to Misty Mountain Hop mission.

version 1.6:
Added Misty Mountain Hop mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133457-OMAC-Mission-Pack-1&p=2182028&viewfull=1#post2182028). Updated addRatings in Retaliation mission.

version 1.5:
Modified Retaliation mission to enhance MP compatibility. Full ChDKZ raiding party is now present in MP.

version 1.4:
Added "Fight To The Sea 2" mission which uses the woodland-skinned Bradley created by ThePieSpy and BigMorgan (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13136).

version 1.3:
Added opfor and chopper evac to Devil's Castle mission. Smoke required for evac as per diary notes. Modified end states to account for intel not being retrieved from colonel. Task completion notifications changed to taskHints. Added GPS to initial Jaguar squad loadouts.

version 1.2:
Added new "Collect intel" task to Devil's Castle mission. Tasks now auto-assigned.

version 1.1:
Added Steel Rain mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133457-OMAC-Mission-Pack-1&p=2139249&viewfull=1#post2139249).
Removed playable U.S. soldier from Retaliation mission.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

261cac507030887.jpg

Retaliation

Theater of Battle: Chernarus

[sP, MP up to 4 players with two additional slots (position 5) available for team switching to HMMWV crew]

ChDKZ insurgents have just destroyed a U.S. forward operating base. Use a Predator UAV, HMMWVs armed with TOW missiles and Mk 19 grenade launchers, or an LAV-25 armored car with a M242 Bushmaster 25mm chain gun to hunt down and destroy the raiders, their mobile HQ, and their regional base.

In SP, this mission has an intro cutscene that shows the attack on the FOB. :cool: The outcome of the intro is passed to the mission itself if the intro is allowed to play through completely.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

6cdb11507030878.jpg

The Devil's Castle

[sP, MP up to 3 players]

You and your SpecOps sniper team must stop the Russian colonel and his elite security detail from relaying intercepted U.S. battle plans to his command. Then proceed through the dark forests of northern Chernarus and destroy the Russian field HQ.

15b758177818509.jpg

70188b507030879.jpg

Fight To The Sea

[sP, MP up to 4 players]

Inserted deep into the Black Forest, your anti-tank fireteam must stop an advancing Russian armored detachment and then use a Bradley AFV to fight your way to the sea through a cordon of enemy mechanized infantry and T-90 main battle tanks.

Mission Pack v1.4 adds a version of this mission ("Fight To The Sea 2") which requires the woodland-skinned Bradley addon created by ThePieSpy and BigMorgan (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13136).

35b5ea184676888.jpg

f7b929507030877.jpg

Darbang Pass

Theater of Battle: Takistan

[sP]

Using your Tunguska, stop the advancing imperialist armored column from reaching Darbang Pass and threatening Russian forces to the south.

Although not required, you may want to use PvPscene's excellent addon which allows distant vehicles to be seen. Increasing your view distance will also help.

428e35172140452.jpg

461637507030872.jpg

Armor Hunt

Theater of Battle: Faffindale, North Yorkshire

[sP]

Lead a joint forces armored detachment into battle to stop a powerful column of enemy armor and mechanized infantry from reaching an airfield deep in the Yorkshire Dales.

This simple mission requires the Faffindale terrain which is fantastic for armored combat due to the undulating carbonate reef knolls.

Required:

Although not required, you may want to use PvPscene's excellent addon which allows distant vehicles to be seen. Increasing your view distance will also help.

ba6735173191479.jpg

Gameplay from an early version of the mission is shown in the video below, but I would recommend NOT viewing it until you have played the mission.

And what did you do in the afternoon after the mornings work? ;-)

I will be playing these tonight and tomorrow once I have landed a Hind 5 times in a row with crashing in ToH.....

Yes, now I have to get my life back, and resume practicing Hinds landings........

But wait.....

What about Carrier Command? The Play & Contribute Supporter thingy is lurking out there, ominously, ready to absorb more of my life. My clicking finger is twitching, twitching, ready to click on Sprocket.... Can I resist????? :rolleyes:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

266159.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=multi&game=1&id=331][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/266159.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b] 
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=331]DOWNLOAD - OMAC Mission Pack 1 (v.1.00) - [212 kB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Uploading to the CiA coop server!

Thank you OMAC!

Hi Blondak,

Much appreciated! I'm at the 10 image limit in the post now, so I added the text-only link.

Cheers, and thanks,

OMAC

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Uploading to the CiA coop server!

Thank you OMAC!

Enjoy, Variable! :)

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Thinking about MP, I think that with all human players instead of AI teammates, the missions might be too easy. I don't know.

I didn't design the missions for maximum pain (e.g. Trial By Fire)...

Edited by OMAC

I think it might be a good idea to have a 'quick start' version of Retaliation (maybe with a random outcome of the FOB attack). I have started it a few times today and the cut scene can last quite a long time - probably a bit too long to wait for the mission to start. Great idea though and it's definitely worth playing through once with the cutscene.

Like it so far though!

Thanks for playing. You have no idea how much time it took messing around with that cutscene to get it to work. It can take a long time, but usually it's cool to see what different things take place. You are correct that I should add a quickstart version, but I don't think I know how to do that...

Adding a different camera view angle sometime in the middle would be good, too....

Thanks for playing. You have no idea how much time it took messing around with that cutscene to get it to work. It can take a long time, but usually it's cool to see what different things take place. You are correct that I should add a quickstart version, but I don't think I know how to do that...

Adding a different camera view angle sometime in the middle would be good, too....

No, I know pretty much how much work that would have been which is why everyone should be made to watch it at least once!! One of the longest sequences was due to the fact the ChDKZ guys all got injured and belly-crawled all the way over to the other side of the screen, to the waiting truck. Then, when two of them managed to get in, the truck then reversed over the rest of the guys!!! Got to love that AI driving! It made me laugh and I wish I had FRAPS going!

If you want to be real clever with it - perhaps let the user control the camera. I think it would have felt better if I could have zoomed in on the action and panned around a bit. I myself gave up on cutscenes after spending a week building one for an aborted campaign, so I am not sure how hard this would be - there's got to be a script out there somewhere surely?

Played Darbang Pass a little tonight but kept getting totalled before I had seen any enemy - I was tired by then though so will have another go tomorrow and think of a new plan. My mistake I think was to drive straight to your suggested defense point - I thought that was a little too good to be true!

The user can can control the camera?????????? Whoa. I've got to find out how to make that happen.

Yes, the AI driving is mind-boggling. And the crawling, injured insurgents can be time consuming. What really annoyed me also is a modelling issue with the LAV-25 (HQ), which makes it very hard for AI to hit with rockets, especially after 1.61 beta fixes.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29310

For Darbang Pass, I do drive to the defense point and work from there. You can do it! PvPscene's addon really helps to see the convoy coming down the pass from afar. Without it, you can sometimes only see the distant approaching vehicles by their exhaust and dust - that is a longstanding A2/OA issue. But attacking them from that far away isn't a good idea anyway. Use the terrain to your advantage. You will need it. Hint: completely destroy the US vehicles - don't just leave them damaged.

Edited by OMAC

I simply increased the view distance. Worked for me :)

Excellent.

5dd156507030889.jpg

Steel Rain

Theater of Battle: Takistan

[sP]

Some of your buddies have been guarding a dusty oil terminal. Now they are in grave danger from some advancing T-72s and mechanized infantry. Use your A-10 Warthog to destroy the Takistani armor, and then wipe out their regional HQ.
(updated April 23, 2012)

Armaholic mirror:
- Steel Rain

Now part of the mission pack!

Edited by OMAC

Dowloading! Loved your previous SP missions, havn't tried your MP ones, looking forward to it... :)

The MP-compatible ones are fun to play in SP, and in fact SP is the only way I have played them. Enjoy!

hi.

here is my feedback:

-no problem with objective 1 and 2

-end trigger doesn't work: I landed at the airfield, but nothing happened

which can be improved:

-set "destroy advancing armored" as current objective, and as soon as it is done, set objective 2 as current objective

-when both objective 1 and 2 are done, set objective 3 as current objective

-add side objectives and/or more objectives during the mission (like defend a ambushed convoy or something like that)

my feeling

-the briefing and background are good

-the mission is not really interesting: I had to destroy 1 BMP-2, 3 T-72 and 2/3 people at the base - it just looks like you just dropped the player in an A-10, and put 4 armored vehicles on the map, nothing more

you should add more stuff to this mission to make it really enjoyable to play

anyway, thanks for offering SP missions to the community.

regards,

Wiki

@Wiki,

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't know that objectives could be set and changed automatically! I updated Steel Rain so that the objectives will be assigned automatically as you suggested. I'll also look into adding more objectives to mission, but I kind of like its simplicity and length of play. More comments:

For objective 3 and the end trigger, read mission notes and task objective description to find out what to do after you land.

It is a simple mission, but is great fun for me to play, as I never have flown the A-10 much, and the mission provides good A-10 ground attack practice while providing a bit of a story. If you don't wipe out the advancing armor in time and your friends' squad is wiped out, the mission will fail.

To me, destroying a mech infantry squad in a BMP, 3 T-72s, and, at the base, a DShKM technical, AA infantry section (3 men), and a 9-man infantry squad + truck is a very realistic mission for one A-10 sortie. It can also usually be done without rearming.

Cheers,

OMAC

Edited by OMAC

@Wiki,

To me, destroying a mech infantry squad in a BMP, 3 T-72s, and, at the base, a DShKM technical, AA infantry section (3 men), and a 9-man infantry squad + truck is a very realistic mission for one A-10 sortie. It can also usually be done without rearming.

Cheers,

OMAC

Spot on OMAC. And besides, missions don't have to be flooded with scripts, units and special features just to make them interesting and enjoyable. OMAC's missions prove it.

Thank you, Variable! :)

What I've been looking at is how to use a spotter with a laser designator to mark targets for the laser-guided bombs. I've looked around about this, and it apparently works very well, but I'm not sure if I know how to make it work. I tried putting an AI spotter with a laser near the base, and grouped him to the A-10 pilot. I told him to "laser enable," but I think that is for his rifle laser (?). He pulls out his laser and spots targets, but I see no laser targets designated for me when I (the pilot) fly over. Should they appear as green boxes like targets of the Maverick? I'm playing on Veteran.

I see no designated targets even if I tell him to engage a particular target. I'm not using the "call airstrike" logic, as in the Village Sweep and BAF Concrete Oasis scenarios.

Edited by OMAC

Just completed "Steel Rain" and I want to say I had lots of fun! Wiki, have you reported to your CO in the control tower? Without it the mission won't end.

I'm glad you had fun, Variable! :D

Edited by OMAC

Yesterday we played Devil's castle on the Comrades in Arms coop server. It was great! Very immersive mission with interesting weapon selection and good action. Thank you OMAC!

I had one issue with the green smoke though - I had it on my inventory but didn't have it on my weapon selection.

I love those Chernarus forests! That's strange about the green smoke. If it is shown in your inventory, it should become available when you press F for weapon selection. Hmmm. Did your teammates have the same issue?

I love those Chernarus forests! That's strange about the green smoke. If it is shown in your inventory, it should become available when you press F for weapon selection. Hmmm. Did your teammates have the same issue?

No, they didn't. When I couldn't find it when hitting F, I dropped it and a teammate got it and threw it with no problem. Maybe it's nothing to worry about... By the way, the green smoke is not actually a condition for the mission to end, just getting to the spot. I think it will add more to the mission if a chopper actually arrive and a green smoke will be required to trigger it. But the mission is already great as it is.

Did you put only 30 round clips for the M249 on purpose? In any case, I think it was a wise choice, let you conserve ammo and think before you fire long bursts.

Yep, I have considered adding a chopper landing. And you are correct that the green smoke is not required for the end trigger, it was just a nice (and easy) touch for the diary notes.

I have noticed sometimes that there can be issues with inventory items if you are low on available slots, but I haven't been able to pin down the problem yet.

About the M249 ammo, I figured the smaller clips would be more realistic for a SpecOps mission as they are lighter to carry. Do you think it would be better to have the 200Rnd_556x45_M249 ammo also available?

Edited by OMAC