Sign in to follow this  
zodd

Detect HE round point of impact (detect explosion)

Gday all,

I am trying to do a mission involving adjusting artillery fire... Basic intent:

Player is on gun line and given a grid to fire at - (the actual target will be slightly off to mean that they will always have to adjust) What I want to do is detect where the round lands then give them an adjustment based on that. ie. Basically have a simulated AI FO and the player is on the gun line.

So far the only way I have been able to come close is set up a whole heap of named targets and detect if one gets damaged - from that the player will get an adjustment based of which target gets hit (then I have to set damage to 0 again to ensure it will detect another hit if it is not adjusted)

This way seems insanely over complicated - is there an easier way?

Otherwise I am thinking it might be easier to make a script using loops to make a large area spread of targets... but if there are 200 invisible targets will that affect performance in MP?

Much appreciated!

EDIT: Something like http://resources.bisimulations.com/wiki/Category:VBS2:_Event_Handlers#AmmoExplode.2FAmmoHit

Does anyone know of an existing script/easy way to code to get the location of impact apart from the way I outlined above?

Edited by Zodd

Mate - Lifesaver! Was thinking of all the different search options but didnt think of track!

VERY much appreciated! (Perfect by the way!)