Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 Domination! TOH

co30 Domination! TOH WIP1 Test Version

Please note that you need Take On Helicopters: Rearmed and thus also the latest beta patch (server and client).

What's different to the normal OA version:

• TOH choppers at base instead of the normal OA choppers (you still win OA combat choppers)
  • Video wall at base showing other players (might not work :))
  • PiP screen helper when you try to lift a vehicle
  • and some other changes

Code for lifting vehicles with ropes is in but deactivated (the rope simulation is still not MP compatible afaik and I don't want to add a scripted one which introduces other problems).

There are most likely other problems but so far it did look good.

Please report bugs and issues at the Domination tracker: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/issues

Download

Enjoy and

have fun!

Xeno

Xeno - you are a genius - let the fun begin!

Indeed let the fun begin. Awesome work, but I see ONE HUGE FLAW:

nobody is going to want to go on the ground with the awesome new flight model ;)

It's running well so far. Unfortunately I haven't got another copy of ToH so I can't test if that big screen is working or not - excellent idea though!

It is actually quite strange as I kept trying to fly the helicopters like I would fly them in Arma! It takes a little mental adjustment to get used to the Take on Domi style!

Do you think there would be a 'Hinds' version?

It is actually quite strange as I kept trying to fly the helicopters like I would fly them in Arma! It takes a little mental adjustment to get used to the Take on Domi style!

lol, yeah, it took me also quite some time to not use the ArmA flying style.

It's sad that the rope simulation still doesn't work in MP as this would also change transporting vehicles with the lift choppers.

Do you think there would be a 'Hinds' version?

Maybe.

Xeno

maybe this can help about ropes in mp. not tested, but saw this in editing forum:

Nope, like I wrote already, no scripted solution. I've fiddeled around enough with scripted ropes in ACE :p

I guess that the ropes in VBS2 do work in MP too so it's BIS turn :)

Xeno

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, and I doubt it's a Domination issue, but when you recruit a number of AI, one of the voices is female (I was recruiting 8 at a time). None of them look like girls (I checked!), but one of them definitely sounds like a girl. It started to remind me of a certain Monty Python sketch in the Life Of Brian. "Are there any women here?".....

Thanks Xeno! This is fantastic news indeed. :)

@jedra: I was messing around editing my own mission earlier and my male character also sounded very lady like. Think it was pilot(scarf) class. So your not alone. :)

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, and I doubt it's a Domination issue, but when you recruit a number of AI, one of the voices is female (I was recruiting 8 at a time).

Might be a good idea to make a simple repro mission and create a ticket at the TOH CIT. I guess a simple createUnit x times and join the units to the player group should be enough.

Xeno

HI Xeno,

I am new to TOH/Arma, and i would like to know, if it's possible to play domination as single player

Thx

HI Xeno,

I am new to TOH/Arma, and i would like to know, if it's possible to play domination as single player

Thx

Yes, it is - sort of!

If you run it as a multiplayer hosted game or as a local dedicated host, but make sure that in the Parameters you set 'AI Recruitment' on, you will then be able to recruit AI when you play and effectively play on your own if you wish.

To be honest, it's not that much fun on your own - some of the objectives really need other humans involved however it's good to play just for practice.

Thx Jedra,

Will try.

Many things to learn in Arma :)

If you have installed Take On Helicopters : ReArmed then I am running this mission at the moment on my server (with AI enabled). Just do a search for my server "Jedra - ToH Server" and you should be able to join. As all my mates have now left the Armaverse it's never very full (i.e it's usually empty if I am not on it)!

Who can ask a stable servers with mixed A2+TOH when Domi or other missions runing?

Thanks for fixing the repair/rearm/refuel bug - I'll look at the latest WIP release today.

I'll do some more testing later, but I think the repair is still not working. I think the problem is that the shutdown takes so long that the damage is done AFTER the repair portion of the script has finished. I think that you are going to have to perform a proper shutdown when someone lands on the pad, and then wait for it to complete before running the maintenance script.

It does work OK when the AI are flying - but the AI cheat in ToH when it comes to shutdown and takeoff!!

I'll update the ticket I created later when I have confirmed it's definitely not working. This is just a 'heads up'!

Me again ;-)

I have updated the ticket https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30446 with a fix for this. I can't re-open the ticket so it remains closed.

x_reload2.sqf now performs a proper shutdown of ToH helicopters before performing maintenance - it also sets off the startup sequence again once maintenance is complete. This now prevents the helicopters from breaking during maintenance.

I have tested with the light, medium and heavy helicopters. I haven't tested a Hind yet, but its startup/shutdown procedures are done in the same way so it shoudl work.

Curiously, how is the AI recruiting supposed to work? Although I have the corresponding mission parameter set I don't get any menu action while standing next to the barracks. Is there another method?

Thanks Xeno for this had good fun playing this with a few mates,(we missed having ammo drops),

Must say takistan looks great on the toh engine.

cuppa