Sign in to follow this  
ztorm

Mission 9 again

Yes, I'm another guy stuck at Mission 09: Shakedown. The older threads have no answer to my problem, so here goes.

SPOILER ALERT: obviously, stop reading if you haven't reached mission 9 yet !

So I landed on the cargo and picked up Frost. I'm flying erratically, trying to scare him into confession... He's scared alright, but nothing happens.

He told Joseph that the container was still hidden somewhere, that's all. No new objective appeared, and now all he says is "HEY", "WHOOA" and "Are you mental ?" during my hard banks and spins, and I really don't know what to do.

Is there a "good way" to fly erratically, am I doing it wrong ?

Should I start doing acrobatic maneuvers as soon as Joseph asks a question, or should I perform an endless string of stunts ?

Are long, sustained maneuvers more efficient than short, extreme ones ?

Really, any suggestion about how to obtain all of the info from a panicked Frost would help.

Thanks !

Edited by ztorm
problem solved

Use your mouse and keyboard to fly. Then he'll speak :o

Finally got him to spill the beans.

Until now I was only pushing my helo to its limits, doing truly sick maneuvers but keeping torque and airspeed to near-acceptable levels; well, that's not enough. I'm afraid you have to actually damage the rotor doing acrobatics, or Frost won't speak. I understand it's needed to build the dynamic of the mission, but still... it's a bit stupid.

Until now only two missions have been problematic for me:

- Shakedown (09) where you must treat your helo in the most unrealistically reckless way...

- Bullseye (05) because 1. I don't play Arma2 and 2. I don't quite understand why a dozen guys would run after me instead of taking point or spreading out. In the end I had to "learn" the mission to know what the AI does and when the rescue team arrives, which is the worst thing.

So that's two very frustrating moments where I got stuck in the game for very bad reasons that have nothing to do with what the game is supposed to be: a civilian helicopter sim. No biggie, but dang I hope there aren't more missions like that...

The "difficulty" of this mission change each time a new patch pop up. Cause the FM change. I had some problem too with the 1.0 FM doing this mission. (09)

Interesting. I'll try to shake Frost some more after the next update for good measure. :D

I know it's bad to dig up old thread, but this one describe my problem perfectly.

He just give me the first part of the answer (where is the container), but refuse to tell me what's inside....

I've tried to shake the guy with many barrel rolls, lot of G-force, etc... I've even broke main main rotor twice...yet he remain silent, except a lot fo "wow", "woah!"...

Please help me!

He just give me the first part of the answer (where is the container), but refuse to tell me what's inside....

I've tried to shake the guy with many barrel rolls, lot of G-force, etc... I've even broke main main rotor twice...yet he remain silent, except a lot fo "wow", "woah!"...

Please help me!

Don't try so complicated maneuvers. Just shake him for an extended period of time. Use over-speed and bank hard when in a low altitude. Use your rudder to spin him around wildly. That should work.