Thread: Mission 9 again

Question (solved) Mission 9 again

Yes, I'm another guy stuck at Mission 09: Shakedown. The older threads have no answer to my problem, so here goes.

SPOILER ALERT: obviously, stop reading if you haven't reached mission 9 yet !

Spoiler:

Thanks !
    Last edited by ztorm; Apr 14 2012 at 22:36. Reason: problem solved

Shake him as You can. He will start to speak.
    webmaster of YoYosims

ToH corner: http://yoyosims.pl/Takeonhelicopters.html
    Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.76 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 8Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus HD 7970 3Gb DDR5, res.1920x1080 27'', Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel, Saitek Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TKOH:Hinds, RoF]

Use your mouse and keyboard to fly. Then he'll speak
    Youtube Channel
    Don't Live on the Edge, Jump off it! ♥♫

Thumbs down

Finally got him to spill the beans.

Until now I was only pushing my helo to its limits, doing truly sick maneuvers but keeping torque and airspeed to near-acceptable levels; well, that's not enough. I'm afraid you have to actually damage the rotor doing acrobatics, or Frost won't speak. I understand it's needed to build the dynamic of the mission, but still... it's a bit stupid.

Until now only two missions have been problematic for me:

- Shakedown (09) where you must treat your helo in the most unrealistically reckless way...
    - Bullseye (05) because 1. I don't play Arma2 and 2. I don't quite understand why a dozen guys would run after me instead of taking point or spreading out. In the end I had to "learn" the mission to know what the AI does and when the rescue team arrives, which is the worst thing.

So that's two very frustrating moments where I got stuck in the game for very bad reasons that have nothing to do with what the game is supposed to be: a civilian helicopter sim. No biggie, but dang I hope there aren't more missions like that...

The "difficulty" of this mission change each time a new patch pop up. Cause the FM change. I had some problem too with the 1.0 FM doing this mission. (09)

Interesting. I'll try to shake Frost some more after the next update for good measure.

I know it's bad to dig up old thread, but this one describe my problem perfectly.

He just give me the first part of the answer (where is the container), but refuse to tell me what's inside....

I've tried to shake the guy with many barrel rolls, lot of G-force, etc... I've even broke main main rotor twice...yet he remain silent, except a lot fo "wow", "woah!"...

Please help me!

He just give me the first part of the answer (where is the container), but refuse to tell me what's inside....

I've tried to shake the guy with many barrel rolls, lot of G-force, etc... I've even broke main main rotor twice...yet he remain silent, except a lot fo "wow", "woah!"...

Please help me!
    Don't try so complicated maneuvers. Just shake him for an extended period of time. Use over-speed and bank hard when in a low altitude. Use your rudder to spin him around wildly. That should work.