Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Developer post in this thread.  

Thread: Take On Helicopters Beta Patch 91543

Quote Originally Posted by InstaGoat View Post
    Javelin does not work.
    Javelin locking has been broken for about 6 OA betas. Related?

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28865

This is brilliant, I've been having a blast playing with military units on the South Asia map. Realistic engagement ranges really open up a whole new side of Arma2 that I haven't been able to enjoy before. Being able to line up a strafing run in the A10 6km out, popping up and firing a Hellfire from 3km away, huge armor battles with tanks slogging it out from thousands of meters... It's just awesome. Got ACE mostly working with the TOH CBA, some of the features, like the tank laser ranging, crash the game to desktop, but hopefully these things get ironed out.

Can someone explain how to create the batch file?

open a notepad file and put your shortcut in that...
    Code:
    "F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta\takeonh.exe" "-mod=F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\Hinds;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta" -nosplash
    Should look something(change to your own directory structure) like above...
    Then save the file to your game folder and name it as "takeonBetarearmedStart.bat"
    Notice its got a .bat extension and not .txt
    Thats all there is to it.
    All you do is run the .bat file to start your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    Works fine here with OA/CO CBA... Just the main menu needs some love and some other UI elements.
    TOH specific things/vehicles are of course missing with the OA/CO CBA version (XEH, TOH functions, etc).

Xeno

hi xeno. i am not able still to get ace working properly. could you please share your command line so i can try copy or at least learn from it.

this is the bat i am using.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta\takeonh.exe" "-mod=c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\CBA;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACE;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEx;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEX_RU;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\ACEX_SM;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;c:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\Hinds;C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta" -nosplash

i get no ACE features .
    Last edited by twisted; Apr 14 2012 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by InstaGoat View Post
    I know TOH isn´t a combat sim,
    Why they are doing a compatibilty patch with arma content, then?

1.06 beta with free "Panthera map".
    webmaster of YoYosims

ToH corner: http://yoyosims.pl/Takeonhelicopters.html
    Vista 64 bits, i7 930 3.76 Ghz (OC), Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R ( Intel X58 ), 8Gb Patriot Viper II Sector5, Asus HD 7970 3Gb DDR5, res.1920x1080 27'', Creative X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH Products, CH Pedals USB, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek Pro Flight Radio Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel, Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel, Saitek Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TKOH:Hinds, RoF]

Quote Originally Posted by Wildgoose View Post
    open a notepad file and put your shortcut in that...
    Code:
    "F:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta\takeonh.exe" "-mod=F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2;F:\Program files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2\Expansion;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\Hinds;F:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\Take On Helicopters\beta" -nosplash
    Should look something(change to your own directory structure) like above...
    Then save the file to your game folder and name it as "takeonBetarearmedStart.bat"
    Notice its got a .bat extension and not .txt
    Thats all there is to it.
    All you do is run the .bat file to start your game.
    When I run the bat file as you have it set up, I get an error message... No Entry '.profilePathDefault'. I have to re configure the whole game every time I play. What am i doing wrong?

crawl55 post your paths to the different games to let people give you the exact path you need.

If you enjoy my work and want to my support efforts doing this for a living,
    please consider to become a patreon - Community Funded Modding!

(255 of 1000$ per month by 33 patrons reached for first tier)

Current projects: CUP, AiA TP, AiA SA, AiA HQ, IFA3, Blitzkrieg

Help: Got a crash? Report it! What is the RPT log file?

Hi crawl55,

I had the same issue - try to use standard "takeonh.exe" instead of "beta\takeonh.exe"

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast