Sign in to follow this  
dhaider

Mantas ignore 'dock' command and other AI issues

So I may be doing something wrong, this may not be a bug.

If I have put a manta on offensive mode (though I'm not super certain I even know what that does) and it's getting a pummelling often I can't regain control. If I activate the manta for my view and move the xbox controller it stays under auto-pilot. Even worse, if I order it to dock (F2 or LB+B on the controller) if flatly refuses and then gets destroyed.

On the other hand, other Mantas or Walruses around just sit there and don't do anything to help in the fight. How does the manta and walrus AI work? Do I have to overtly enable it?

Another example. I'm near the enemy carrier. I trigger 'emergency' on one of the walruses. Consequently all Walruses and Mantas are launched toward the front of my ship (where the triggering walrus is). At this point I'm frantically trying to point my carrier plasma at the other carrier and fire. I start causing damage, but then all the enemy jets and walruses charge in and wipe me out. My mantas sit (or hover) there and get shot along with the walruses, doing nothing. Do I have to go into the map screen and individually order them to the enemy carrier or something? Oh, and I don't think the deck guns were auto-firing either when I was manning the plasma, though I'm not sure.

Otherwise, love it. Makes me remember my good old Atari ST days (sorry Amiga owners, I was on the other side :)

(Did a search, no similar posts that I could find)

I am really struggling with the Manta and Walrus AI

Edited by dhaider

Losing the control of your mantas is definatly a bug. Simple to see: Next time it happens save your game, reload, voilá - you can control your stuck assets again.