Sign in to follow this  
Wh1sper

runways for Mantas on isliends?

Ok, the Manta is an vertical take of aircraft it do not need any runway.

Can a Manta land on an friendly or neutral island an could it be refilled?

Simply fly over such a point does not work.

A Walruss can refilled and rearmed at a neutral island, I checked this :-)

Ok, the Manta is an vertical take of aircraft it do not need any runway.

Can a Manta land on an friendly or neutral island an could it be refilled?

Simply fly over such a point does not work.

A Walruss can refilled and rearmed at a neutral island, I checked this :-)

In the map screen the cursor for the Manta will change if you hover over a refuel / repair / rearm point but it does nothing once it gets there, then again the Manta is pretty quick to go back to the carrier for this - but it does mean that it is using your resources to do it. I think that the whole refuel / repair / rearm thing needs tweaking anyway, since it is a complete pain to try and get all 4 Walruses topped up.

G

If you bring a Manta low enough to the ground the landing legs extend and it makes as if it will land but most of the time you just bounce. I would like to be able to order my Mantas to land so I could set up some forward control point (either with installations or a repair gun Walrus) so on large islands they didn't have to fly so far for sorties -maybe in a future build?

On that note we need a fuel Walrus to extend the range of our other Walrii. Also so we can refuel Mantas that have run out (although what happens when they do? Do they crash or land?). Further expand that logistics element.

On that note we need a fuel Walrus to extend the range of our other Walrii. Also so we can refuel Mantas that have run out (although what happens when they do? Do they crash or land?). Further expand that logistics element.

Not a bad idea - although I think the endurance of the Walrii (??) and Mantas is too low, could probably do with adding either half as much again or doubling it. Otherwise the assaults end up as an exercise in fuel management !!

G