Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Videos from carrier command gaea mission beta

Quote Originally Posted by sav112g View Post
    I was alarmed to see you can not lunch Manta’s while the ship was moving ??? I’m sure in the original I used to move the ship and have both Manta’s and walruses either struggle to catch me up or catch up when I slowed the ship to Dock. I’m also sure I could lunch a manta while on the move?????
    You could launch and retrieve Mantas on the move, but not Walrusses. The Mantas in the new version are more like choppers than jets so I could imagine launching whilst on the move may be a bit of a disaster since all 4 launch bays are in-line .. .. .. on the plus side you can hover in them (and as long as they survive) lay waste to the enemy bases !!!

G

ProfTournesol I see you closed a thread with a new clip and yes your right there is a thread and we only need one rightly...its a good clip how about doing a bit more house work and moving said clip into the other thread?????

Just a thought
    Cheers.

PS your PM space has no space left so no one can send you a PM....
    He isn't a mod so he didn't close your thread, he just pointed towards this thread (a mod closed it without comment it seems). I suggest you repost here or ask a mod to merge your post with this thread.

€dit: nice video btw. Well done

Quote Originally Posted by Derbysieger View Post
    He isn't a mod so he didn't close your thread, he just pointed towards this thread (a mod closed it without comment it seems). I suggest you repost here or ask a mod to merge your post with this thread.

Averon01 did the clip and thread!

Not my thread or clip, but it is a great long clip of game play right enough. I thought if a mod was going to go to the trouble of closing said thread then could they not have shifted the original posters clip and add it here.

It’s a bit like telling someone “ your going the wrong way” and then walking off. When if your going to go to the trouble of telling someone there going the wrong way why not put in the extra effort and tell them the right way and actually be of use.

The clip was wrongly added when a thread dealing with clips was up and running lucky the activity and posts on here are nominal or the thread would have been long lost…the guy posting the thread and clip deserves it to be moved on merit of the clip and effort to show the game. I learned more about the game in that 27 min clip than anything else ive seen up to now.
    Last edited by sav112g; Apr 8 2012 at 23:04.

Oh yeah sorry xD

He isn't a mod so he didn't close your thread, he just pointed towards this thread.
    ^this. And i'm very happy with those videos which are indeed a very nice way to discover the game.

Hello
    Yeah my bad, I'll repost it here.

I've also started a proper Let's Play of the game which should hopefully go better than my showoff video .

You can find it.

Hi All,
    one of my island fly around

here is my video of me giving the enemy carrier a beating......Enjoy

Last edited by R33GoNe; Apr 9 2012 at 18:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Averon01 View Post
    Hello
    Yeah my bad, I'll repost it here.

Not at all I enjoyed your clip, you gave us a general idea how the game plays. Although I did think the transport supply ship/drone was very quick to resupply and I think it will be a better single player game if things like this were slowed down but then again you had just started out on the Map.

I don’t know if this is the case but it would be so much more interesting if you could design the islands defences as opposed to an auto set up that just duplicates over and over. Be good if you could place AA and Anti tank on the map sort of style. I take it we had some sort of radar too that could be added to the islands. I'm right in that the airfield on the island was on the original?

Everything that can be customised that can be added to make every island more individual the better. Especial when if it does come to MP. Be nice to know a players trade mark positioning of defensive weapons. So far the island looks very small and you just get on with fighting over it rather than probing for a weakness. Lets face it the Ai will get a bit stale in this I think if its just repetitive building that generally plays out the same island over island but that could be unfair saying that never played the newer version. Maybe there should be an option for a forward command post to be placed on one island that takes more resources and time to build but has far more defensive and offensive characteristics that will throw up the odd surprise and tactic to crack it.

PS I take it the enemy carrier AI is not up to much on the Beta??? It sat there taking hit after hit. I love to be able to program the Ai response in this game. I hope they don’t hold back and as long as the AI does not cheat then bring it on with it being mega offensive and hard to beat!!!!
    Last edited by sav112g; Apr 10 2012 at 17:43.

Tbh I had the ai strength on low so it was not a fair fight,on standard settings it's a different story

Not at all I enjoyed your clip, you gave us a general idea how the game plays.[/B]
    I'm glad you enjoyed it .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast