Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

EA wins 'Golden Poo' award

"There have even been numerous accusations that EA and its ilk deliberately hold back game content with the sole intent of charging a fee for it at a later date. It's one thing to support a game with new content that is worth the price. It's another to put out an inferior — and occasionally broken — product with the mindset of "ah, we'll fix it later and make some money for doing so."

Serves em right.

Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo.

Can I just LOL ?

Well deserved award!

Right, EA deserves it much more than any of the banks that committed actual crimes... :sarcasm:

It's hard for gamers not to look like babies suffering from entitlement syndrome when EA is held in worse regard than the Bank of America. For their DLC, which is clearly a more egregious offense than adding large fees to checking or repossessing cars and houses in a recession while taking 97 billion dollars in bailout money and sitting on it.

Well you coild say that the BofA is doing their job like every other bank out there, their customers really should read and understand the contracts they sign. While EA is simply the worst scam in the gaming industry and a prime example for limitless greed, and I think they deserved that award at least once. But yeah maybe they should have given the award to both companys.

so just cause we dont mention the banks that ruined countries when talkikng about EA means we think EA are worse? seems legit.

Well as long as people still buying their games or happy with "Here you get some free stuff, now calm down and lets move on!" stuff.... IIRC 80% of those who made a petition against EA's Origin service @ Steam were playing BF3 1-2 days after release. So much about "double standards" and game addiction. No doubts that this award isn't going to hurt EA and within 2-4 weeks nobody will care about it. Maybe just good for another study about people and their short- and long term memory.

Right, EA deserves it much more than any of the banks that committed actual crimes... :sarcasm:

It's hard for gamers not to look like babies suffering from entitlement syndrome when EA is held in worse regard than the Bank of America. For their DLC, which is clearly a more egregious offense than adding large fees to checking or repossessing cars and houses in a recession while taking 97 billion dollars in bailout money and sitting on it.

Banks are way worse in many respects but EA's behaviour of late has been particularly egregious.

Edited by BangTail

I consider EA a plague on gaming,bringing MTV crowd to gaming and dumbing everything down together with other clowns like them(Ubisoft etc).In fact I'm pretty sure gaming will be a lot better if they would go under.Even if another company will step up they would have to try really hard to make things worse than EA.

Still with all of this I think that "prize" should go to other corporations that treat people like crap a lot more,but hey Bank of America was pretty close and maybe next year they'll take top spot.

Can I just LOL ?

OMG that made my side hurt LMAO!

EA does suck I have disliked them since last gen.

I consider EA a plague on gaming,bringing MTV crowd to gaming and dumbing everything down together with other clowns like them(Ubisoft etc).In fact I'm pretty sure gaming will be a lot better if they would go under.Even if another company will step up they would have to try really hard to make things worse than EA.

Still with all of this I think that "prize" should go to other corporations that treat people like crap a lot more,but hey Bank of America was pretty close and maybe next year they'll take top spot.

While I certainly understand the criticisms of EA's business practices, how is opening product to a wider market a criticism of a business? Surely that is what businesses DO. This is just market development / product appeal. I think the criticism in there is that it's all marketing appeal, and limited actual substance or value. I don't think that the actual act of marketing games to a wider audience is necessarily the problem.

Edited by Max Power

While I certainly understand the criticisms of EA's business practices, how is opening product to a wider market a criticism of a business? Surely that is what businesses DO. This is just market development / product appeal. I think the criticism in there is that it's all marketing appeal, and limited actual substance or value. I don't think that the actual act of marketing games to a wider audience is necessarily the problem.

You have a good point there.All the big budget goes into marketing while games have very low value,even worse chopping content to sell it later(imagine BI cutting the editor out from Arma games just to sell it after release).

Although while in theory(at least in games market) having an wider audience it's good for business it also means that game will become more casual(aka dumbing down).You simply can't keep up the quality by having the game made for everyone.

They also have a reputation of buying talented game studios and bringing them down unless they follow "the great EA vision".

Other extreme practices like you get banned from your game for saying something bad on their forums(banned even from single which is absurd) it's not in their favor either.

This is one of the cases:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/05/ea-origin-bans-update-edition/

Edited by Krycek

You have a good point there.All the big budget goes into marketing while games have very low value,even worse chopping content to sell it later(imagine BI cutting the editor out from Arma games just to sell it after release).

Although while in theory(at least in games market) having an wider audience it's good for business it also means that game will become more casual(aka dumbing down).You simply can't keep up the quality by having the game made for everyone.

They also have a reputation of buying talented game studios and bringing them down unless they follow "the great EA vision".

Other extreme practices like you get banned from your game for saying something bad on their forums(banned even from single which is absurd) it's not in their favor either.

That´s scandalous. Someone should really sue the shit out of them

“Please be informed that your account not only suspended, But it is also Banned, So you will no longer to play the game in single player."

Swearing on their forums - seems reasonable :rolleyes:

Capitalism at it's lowest.

Funny how they don't ban cheaters but only reset their stats, but when someone is putting out a few bad words on their forum (which he didn't even do) then they have no problems swinging their ban hammer.

It's an odd thing. You would think that if a product was good, everyone would buy it. Conversely, one would imagine that a good product is one that sells a lot.

Being banned on their forums for simply swearing or acting immature can warrant them to disable you from using the product.

That's atrocious.

I could see if they're cheating or hacking files or something but swearing?

FPDR

Actually I did Celery.To be honest I see that happening in about two years from now.

Oh you ninja-edit.:p

Btw nice one Tonci,imagine if that logo showed up everytime you fire up an EA game.

Edited by Krycek