Sign in to follow this  
bangtail

EA wins 'Golden Poo' award

Being banned on their forums for simply swearing or acting immature can warrant them to disable you from using the product.

That's atrocious.

I could see if they're cheating or hacking files or something but swearing?

FPDR

This seems to be so common. I cant even cook me self a dinner without swearing lol ;) literally.

It appears you can grief or be incompetent piece of crap but as long you dont swear ya alright...pff pathetic really

(experienced this recently on vanilla server :j: )

Good point with those cartoons and I'm very, very glad that the award is heading to EA this time.

Even worse during games.

"How dare you sick freaks swear into a chatbox nobody even notices in an M-rated game! Even though the characters themselves are going "Fuck me, there's a motherfucking sniper, fuck!", you can't because you'll damage the minds of our youth who shouldn't be playing these games anyway!"

EA has commented on their "success"

"We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

Typically EA....

In other words "we're going to continue making the same crap".

Of course why would they stop when so many people are stuffing their pockets,still that guy is on crack thinking 300 million people actually play their stuff.

"We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

WTF! They are a shitty publisher. They don't MAKE games, they just turn them into fucking cash-cow's and fool the console gamers into buying all their crap.:mad:

Is Halliburton still a boogeyman? Thought that had passed.

This doesn't matter. EA is going to continue making a shitload of money because people are going to continue buying their stuff.

WTF! They are a shitty publisher. They don't MAKE games, they just turn them into fucking cash-cow's and fool the console gamers into buying all their crap.:mad:

EA isn't just a publisher, they own many of the studios behind the games they sell. [iE. DICE]

Even the ones they don't own still have to do what EA says because they are the ones holding the purse strings. [iE Crytek]

Something that I found interesting was EA's move on FIFA12 DLC. They (as of today) are releasing the Euro 2012 event (kits/teams/commentary/gui/modes/all stadiums) via half price DLC 15.99 euros with new modes and integrating it into Fifa12 engine (which from what I have seen is now as good as it should have been), instead of releasing a whole game based on the Euro tournament (the cashcow usual move).

Im no mass fan or anything, although it seemed to be a little more appetising than a usual cashcow based on the cartoon above. Mind you thats only one game out of many.

The politics/affiliations and so on with EA's borderline corporate religion is another "ball game" pun intended :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Something that I found interesting was EA's move on FIFA12 DLC. They (as of today) are releasing the Euro 2012 event (kits/teams/commentary/gui/modes/all stadiums) via half price DLC 15.99 euros with new modes and integrating it into Fifa12 engine (which from what I have seen is now as good as it should have been), instead of releasing a whole game based on the Euro tournament (the cashcow usual move).

Im no mass fan or anything, although it seemed to be a little more appetising than a usual cashcow based on the cartoon above. Mind you thats only one game out of many.

The politics/affiliations and so on with EA's borderline corporate religion is another "ball game" pun intended :)

That sounds like an expasion sold as DLC, I´m ok with that. All DLCs should be like this.

Well, seems its all still the same EA standard check this thread for the Fifa Euro DLC and read on:

http://forum.ea.com/uk1/posts/lists/1633929.page

Seems that its got allot of modes and game-play parts missing, its as if they have seen a DLC as a reason to not have modes from the main game spillover into the DLC, oh dear. I will now back peddle my previous comments :)

Seems they have taken DLC to its limit, looks like it may have been worth doing the cash cow version of a single game release for Euro2012 based on what they didnt have for the DLC version.

Edited by mrcash2009

Why didn't Codemasters win this award?

Sales were too erhm, shitty to warrant Da Poo...

Because ConsoleMasters are a Brittish companie and this contest was about American companies.

Also I think it's like, Codemasters is in trouble already. EA, not so much. The Golden Poo is a tool of justice, and CM are already reaping what they sew.

And rightfully so. They are getting out what they put in for sure. SHIT and lots of it.

EA stopped making quality games a long time ago, the last thing they made that i enjoyed was SPORE.

They ruined MOH

They ruined Battlefield

They ABSOLUTELY crushed the command and conquer series..

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

I guess this explains some things. By the way, Ea´s income has decreased over 30%

Indeed, That 30% is the only 30% of gamers that are true gamers, We know their games are not worth buying, i have not given them a single dollar since Battlefield 3 came out, which i was greatly disappointed with, Even now it feels no different from the beta. Still the same glitchy laggy crashing game i know and hate.

Edited by Themarksman802
Silly typo

Indeed, That 30% is the only 30% of gamers that are true gamers, We know their games are not worth buying, i have not given them a single dollar since Battlefield 3 came out, which i was greatly disappointed with, Even now it feels no different from the beta. Still the same glitchy laggy crashing game i know and hate.

There are a lot of things I'm able to tolerate over the internet, but this is out of line. Just because you buy titles associated with a company does not make you a "fake" gamer. Nor does playing System Shock 2, Thief 1 or Deus Ex. Sure, I mean, disagreeing with a crooked bussiness practice like EA's and voting with your wallet is obviously commendable, but looking down on those who don't is plain ignorant.

Anyways, it's nice to see EA suffer for their mistakes. I mean, they probably won't change at all, but they could learn from this.

They won't.

Edited by OnlyRazor

They have to learn, their finacial year has just started and they are already expecting a loss of over 100 million dollars at the end of it.

Anyways, it's nice to see EA suffer for their mistakes. I mean, they probably won't change at all, but they could learn from this.

If they're hit in their balls aka piggy bank hard enough they'll change.It's actually the only way corps like EA change.

They will have to win back the fans

Quick

Release Madden 2013 (Look.........we done nothing to the game but add a few new players. Its a new game :p )

Well I guess this is more true for Ubisoft but can be applied on EA as well

video-game-memes-the-drm-cycle.jpg